Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    I made the Schizo/Demo update to the Jester Template. I need someone to verify this one. FYI: Knut - my numbers don't match the dimensions on the template you uploaded. For example, I have 35mm x 30mm for the toe hole dimensions. I have no idea which is correct - can you comment on where you got your numbers and your confidence level in them?

I created the Freeride Pro/Eagle based on Knut's template. I am slightly skeptical of the heel hole locations because I had to move them back just a tiny bit from the freeride template, which is verified. So, someone needs to verify this one.

I also created the Dynafit Radical template, based on the popular demand for the holes to be 12.5mm ahead of the old front holes. Again, needs verification. Should be good to just check the toe-pieces on a printed out template (check holes and pin-line).

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I made the Schizo/Demo update to the Jester Template. I need someone to verify this one. FYI: Knut - my numbers don't match the dimensions on the template you uploaded. For example, I have 35mm x 30mm for the toe hole dimensions. I have no idea which is correct - can you comment on where you got your numbers and your confidence level in them?
    My confidence level is mid-high. I didn't mount them myself, but a reliable friend and engineer did. Normally, he's rather picky and reported it to be fine. Measured myself from a scan, but I never had the bindings in my hands nor seen the successful mount. But the hole width should be identical to the duke, where I also got 36mm (and I think your template was comparable, am I right?).
    But I'll get some Demos to mount by the end of the week and I'll let you know.

I created the Freeride Pro/Eagle based on Knut's template. I am slightly skeptical of the heel hole locations because I had to move them back just a tiny bit from the freeride template, which is verified.
    Again, didn't mount Eagles's/Pro's myself, but had reliable, positive feedback. Heel hole location is identical with my FR/FR+ template, which I used several times myself and was spot on.
    What's a tiny bit? Regarding the heel piece-bridge interplay of the binding, there's of course room for interpretation/variation and I might never realise a tiny bit.

I also created the Dynafit Radical template, based on the popular demand for the holes to be 12.5mm ahead of the old front holes. Again, needs verification. Should be good to just check the toe-pieces on a printed out template (check holes and pin-line).
    Looks to be a tad short (somewhere between 0.5 and 1.0 mm) to my eye using toe plate of a Radical ST - suggests to me more like 13.0/13.25mm ahead of old holes.
    I will caveat saying my printout scale is 0.5 mm short along the 20cm scale.
    Anyone else got a pair to check??

Still no sticky!? This is the most useful thread in Tech Talk, pin it to the top already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowda View Post
    Still no sticky!? This is the most useful thread in Tech Talk, pin it to the top already.
    QFT Amen!

Jondrums, I appreciate all the effort that you have put into these templates. Used them many times with great success.

Wondering where I could track down a Dynafit TLT Vertical Race Ti Binding template? Picked up a pair for next to nothing at a ski swap and need the mount to be dead on because there is no adjustment fore and aft on the heel as you know.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
    First Chair.....Last Call.....

Pault- I believe the accepted method for fixed heel dynafits is to mount the toe using a template first. Then, install your boot to mark and mount the heel pieces in the exact spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    My confidence level is mid-high. I didn't mount them myself, but a reliable friend and engineer did. Normally, he's rather picky and reported it to be fine. Measured myself from a scan, but I never had the bindings in my hands nor seen the successful mount. But the hole width should be identical to the duke, where I also got 36mm (and I think your template was comparable, am I right?).
    I tend to agree with this reasoning - my guess is that whoever measured/verified the Jester template wasn't as careful as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Looks to be a tad short (somewhere between 0.5 and 1.0 mm) to my eye using toe plate of a Radical ST - suggests to me more like 13.0/13.25mm ahead of old holes.
    I'm going to go with 13.25 instead of 12.5 because that's exactly half of the old spacing (which would actually fit correctly with their ski insert spacing)

hey dcpnz -
    I updated the radical template, can you check it again?

Subscribing to find this later in the month when I drill some skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Pault- I believe the accepted method for fixed heel dynafits is to mount the toe using a template first. Then, install your boot to mark and mount the heel pieces in the exact spot.
    Thanks very much....I appreciate the quick reply....
    First Chair.....Last Call.....

I tend to agree with this reasoning
    Your template (very minor tilt in it -sorry, tried to align to top left screw)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8949.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	431.4 KB 
ID:	103137
    mine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8950.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	399.7 KB 
ID:	103136

The four front screws on mine are spot on, but the 5th for Demo/Schizo looks better with your 55mm than with my 54mm.
    Heel unit is identical and spot on for both.

Additionally, you have the toe edge some 12.5mm in front of the 2nd line of screws (instead of my 10mm), which looks a little better. And the heel unit is some 2mm more backwards, which also looks a bit better. Resulting in ~2mm set back of your mounting point to mine, BSL rather unchanged.
    But that's just measuring the putative toe/heel edge distance to the screw holes on the binding. which is never 100% accurate.
    It's not much and for normal bindings not really an issue. I'll have to figure out, what it means for the demos, though.
    I will let you know, as soon as I really mounted them
    Last edited by Knut; 11-10-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Jon - I should have some Radicals en route to my place sometime in the next couple weeks. You're more than welcome to play around with them to verify template once they arrive (if Salewa ever get around to shipping the damn things - I ordered them on 10/28).
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    Additionally, you have the toe edge some 12.5mm in front of the 2nd line of screws (instead of my 10mm), which looks a little better
    just to clarify: you're saying that the placement of the rear holes and heel holes on MY template looks more accurate than yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Jon - I should have some Radicals en route to my place sometime in the next couple weeks. You're more than welcome to play around with them to verify template once they arrive (if Salewa ever get around to shipping the damn things - I ordered them on 10/28).
    That would be great!

I wanted to say, that the placement on your template of the hole groups for toe piece and heel piece looks a little better to obtain an accurate mid-sole position.
    For the toe piece, the rear two holes are probably at the right spot, so if you increase the hole pair distance to 31mm, move the front holes.

Again, I'll give you more detailed feedback, when I mounted them (probably somewhen this weekend)

Edit: Mounted them. Using my template. Holes and BSL was spot on. I adjusted the demos to my BSL, put the boot in and the forward pressure was exactly right. Mid-sole mark might be 1-2mm set back, as guessed before. But for that, honestly, I don't give a shit.
    I was so confident, that I drilled the second ski directly for inserts. Worked out fine.
    Last edited by Knut; 11-11-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Yo Jondrums...you are the man.

I have 2 mounts to do this season..Plum's on Concepts and 914's on Splatulas. Both pretty straightforward but definitely don't want issues with them. I have a Solly jig but downloaded the paper Dynafit template and, as a warmup for good measure rewatched the mounting videos. Such a good refresher and so easy with the paper templates.

I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 home mounts over the years and this thread is just pure gold. Thanks mang!

I went and searched the thread, but couldn't find the correct template for the heel of my Rossi Axial2 200 XXLs. Now ... I did pull a template from quiverkillers.com and the toe template is correct. However, the heel's rear-most holes are about 25mm too far apart. Width-wise, the holes are fine so I know my print scaling is correct. Just about 25mm too long.

Does anyone have the correct template for Axial2 heels?

EDIT: Scratch that. Just tried the Look PX Race heel template. The holes appear to line up. Can anyone verify that the Look PX Racing heel is the correct template for the Axial2 200 XXL heel?

Nick removed the copyright message from my templates and hosts them on his site

I don't have a pair of the "racing" bindings, so I can't be sure, but if the pattern lines up, then its most likely right. I only know of 4 look hole patterns: FKS, axial, axial2, racing

Yes it is i mounted some yesterday went thru the same shit, downloaded the other ones and kept checking the printer scaling, it took me a few minutes to realize that the 20mm measurement is on one side and the 8 inches is the other side, i downloaded the PX racing heel and that one worked good, so to answer your question it is the right template. To be sure set the bindings on the template and you should see the little crosses of the template dead in the center of the binding holes. Mine come out as good as a jig mount, but it took me three hours.

Nick removed the copyright message from my templates and hosts them on his site
    Well Nick aka Puder Luder aka Quiverkiller just lost all my business, and props, with that move.

Looks like he taken most of them down and redone them with his own branding. Thanks Nick.

Looks like he taken most of them down and redone them with his own branding. Thanks Nick.
    Damn. That's not cool. I didn't mean to stir up shit storm here ...

In any case, look for my order this coming week, Jon.

That's not right....

Who is Nick??? He is dead to me!
    Karma is a bitch.

PuderLuder can go fuck himself. I deal with Jon, even though PL inserts can be found more easily over here in Yurp.