Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Dry mounted a 2x4. Tracker works well!

Don't know if this has been posted yet...Guardian template courtesy of Wildsnow
    http://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry-...r-template.pdf

I have done 6-7 pairs of skis with no problems..til now.
    I thought I 7-8 checked these guys before drilling, but I am off 1/8" on heel, and toe. both to the same side. The other ski is perfect. Is it worth putting dowels in and redrilling, or is it enough to even worry about. Since it is off to one side by an 1/8, that means I would be bringing it back a 1/16 to even it out. Everything else checks out good, length, pressure. etc. I am wondering if I would even notice it or not, but I figured I would ask the collective. It really irritates the shit out of me, because I want it right, but wonder if it would really be enough to notice. Really doubt I will get to use them that much down here, but anyways..

Lee

It'd bug me too but, it's tough to say that you or anyone would truly notice the 3mm and let it ruin your day. What kind of skis? Powder/soft snow skiing is less likely on fatties to be an issue than a high performance, narrow ski on hard pack.

I'd try 'em first and then see. If it bugs you, one option to moderate the difference between the skis might be to take a mm or so off the wider side's edge and little off each of the other ski's edges to alter the actual ski width at the edges.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Duke EPF created and linked. someone please verify - all I did was make the mounting holes at 46mm width instead of the old 36mm.

I forgot to mention the messup was on Patrons, 113 waist

Tracker/guardian +1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1351789617.430261.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	124456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1351789631.536390.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	124457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1351789647.565274.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	124458

Have searched for a paper template for the Look PX12 and have not found one. The look / Rossi templates I have found are good for the toe but too short for the heel. Can mount manually but if there is one available I would rather do it that way. Have searched without luck.

What about the PX Racing template?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    Tracker/guardian +1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1351789617.430261.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	124456
    off-topic, but it appears that you feel ok with those dynafit boots in the trackers? The jury has been out on how well they'll work with rockered vibram'ed boots.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    off-topic, but it appears that you feel ok with those dynafit boots in the trackers? The jury has been out on how well they'll work with rockered vibram'ed boots.
    Bench testing looked ok to me. There is enough height adjustment in the Tracker that I can slide the paper under the vibram sole and see daylight under the sole. I didn't even max out the height adjustment on the toe. I can't imagine it being that much different than an STH toe, but I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    ^^^ unless marker changed the design (doubtful) you did something wrong. more than 1000 people (seriously) have mounted duke/barons with this template.
    That's impressive. Must be doing something right.

Looks like the PX/Axial is real close, have to wait till I get home to double check. If it is off it is no more than 1/4" so I can adjust if necessary to make it work. The PX Racing heel is not long enough. Did not know the Binding Freedom site had them, thanks.

I used the template on page #1 of this thread the other day and it worked perfectly on some PX12's

What is the issue with the heel?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Looks like the PX/Axial is real close, have to wait till I get home to double check. If it is off it is no more than 1/4" so I can adjust if necessary to make it work. The PX Racing heel is not long enough. Did not know the Binding Freedom site had them, thanks.

Another thanks to Jon for this excellent reference, which I used again last night!
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

+1 for the Guardian template on the first page, mounted up perfect. Measure three times drill once and you'll be set!

Has anyone got around to figuring out the new PLUM pattern? It's the wide(r) base plate, you can see some pics here

http://www.wildsnow.com/8060/plum-tech-bindings-review/

Do the 2013 Look Pivot Bindings come with a paper template? I seem to remember when they brought them back2 years ago that it was included.

The 2012's did. See this post.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    The 2012's did. See this post.
    Thanks for your response. Every template I print the holes don't match up with the binding. Back to the drawing board!

I've just mounted my first pair (with tyrolias). Everything went well, except one toe piece screw that is a spinner, but more or less tight. I think it will hold. Any suggestions?

Thanks, jondrums.

These templates are awesome. I'm about to use them to mount sollyfits. I watched the how-to video and have a question. I searched but couldn't find the answer. Is there any reason to use a hole punch instead of just folding the template at the bsl? seems like folding would make it easier to line up as long as you took your time to make sure it's in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by tavis View Post
    These templates are awesome. I'm about to use them to mount sollyfits. I watched the how-to video and have a question. I searched but couldn't find the answer. Is there any reason to use a hole punch instead of just folding the template at the bsl? seems like folding would make it easier to line up as long as you took your time to make sure it's in the right place.
    If you use a hole punch you can see the lines you made for boot center and the center of the ski and line it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrski00 View Post
    Thanks for your response. Every template I print the holes don't match up with the binding. Back to the drawing board!
    Back to your original question: you were just asking as to whether or not the bindings come with a template, correct? What are you trying to accomplish? Do you have 2013's without the included template and trying to use a 2012 template (I have no idea if they are the same or changed for some reason.) Anyhow, this image shows the scan of the Look template with my CAD drawing overlaid (I mounted two pairs with it just fine) with some dimensions so you can verify printing scale:

Let me know know your BSL and I'll bang out a template for your size.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    If you use a hole punch you can see the lines you made for boot center and the center of the ski and line it up.
    Yep. Like this:

This Weblog Topic: Paper or Clear Plastic Ski Binding Templates also has some more hints.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com