Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Shasti-
    If you're willing to go with 1.5cm spacing, you can mount the plums -5mm. You'll have to mount the solly heel a little back and the plum heels a little forward and make it up with heeltrack adjustment. Its tight but possible, and that's why SollyFits exist.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemcee View Post
    Was just doing a set of Plum's on some Concepts and am a little perplexed. Scaling looked perfect but when I did a dry layup, bindings over template, they were a little off. It was like the template was just a little smaller than the holes in the binders even though the scale was spot on.

Has anyone used the Dynafit template and if so, did it line up? Almost any other binder and I'd just go for it but I've already had the unpleasant experience of being just a hair off with a Dynafit mount and don't want to have to deal with another "trying to line up the heel with the pins" scenario.
    I just mounted a pair of Plum Guides and I agree, the template is slightly off. The holes on the toe are about 1mm too close together in the forward-back direction. The heel holes are about .5mm too far apart along the same axis.

I fixed it by just remarking the paper templates before I did the center-punch.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the Guides not matching the Dynafit holes or the templates being off...
    Last edited by SaSSafraS_LTK; 11-20-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Interesting! I'll check, I have both FT12 and Plums

FWIW, I used the FT12 template for insert installation with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Interesting! I'll check, I have both FT12 and Plums

Shasti-
    If you're willing to go with 1.5cm spacing, you can mount the plums -5mm. You'll have to mount the solly heel a little back and the plum heels a little forward and make it up with heeltrack adjustment. Its tight but possible, and that's why SollyFits exist.
    Thanks Jon. So you're saying whatever line I chose to mount on, mount the toe of the PLUM 5mm back from that line (I assume this puts the 4 holes for the PLUM toe equidistant from the 2 back holes on the Salomon toe), and then shift the holes for the PLUM and Salomon heelpieces away from each other until I get 1.5cm between them? It just looks damn tight on the toepieces. Anybody been skiing this setup successfully?

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    I may have missed this but PX12 demo vs. stock....any template out there? Just picked up some for the demo fleet and need to get to mounting.
    +1 - I'm looking to mount a PX12 demo as well.

Is it possible Plum made slight changes to the base of the toe as well as the arm on the new bindings? Jondrums and I mounted my Plums (last year's model) with his template no problem.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Is it possible Plum made slight changes to the base of the toe as well as the arm on the new bindings? Jondrums and I mounted my Plums (last year's model) with his template no problem.
    Honestly, I think I probably could have mounted them even with the holes off. It is really not by much.

Here are some photos to help show the issue:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1271.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	459.2 KB 
ID:	103812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1273.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	409.3 KB 
ID:	103813

I found the same problem with the Dynafit paper template and my PLUM guides (ordered as part of the first group buy in ~September, they have the new toe lever). 1mm fore/aft in the toe and 0.5mm in the heel seems about right as well, though I also noticed it was a bit off side/side (maybe 0.5mm maybe less). Adjusting for this during centre-punching, they came out pretty much dead-on. FWIW, I also noticed my Griffon Schizos were off by a small amount (less so than the PLUMs) so my assumption was/is that it is my PDF reader's fault.

Wow!
    I just took the plums off my skis (thanks Sollyfits) and carefully measured them and my FT12s.

The heel holes are as identical in spacing as I can measure with calipers.
    The toe holes are spaced identically in width, however the Plums are 27mm front to back, and the Dynafits are 26.5mm front to back.

Now, why would they have done that - I wonder if its a mistake!
    Last edited by jondrums; 11-22-2011 at 12:17 AM.

I've updated the Jester template to match Knut's recommendation, and created a Plum template.

Waiting for a verifications on a few templates. Please post here if you've successfully used any templates - thanks!
    Last edited by jondrums; 11-22-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: mispelling

jondrums, don't know if you got my message. Some shiny new Speed Radicals are sitting in my living room. Shall I stop by tomorrow so you can fondle them?
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

My Dynafit Radical FTs arrived last week. I am a little hesitant to mount them myself.

1) If I use the templates in this thread, how do I do it? Print them out, then overlay toe and heel paper template so that the match the length of my boot?
    2) If I follow what Lou Dawson has up on wildsnow.com, what am I supposed to do with the binding plate in the middle?

This all appears rather difficult!
    Last edited by Franz Klammer; 11-22-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Franz-
    Its not that complicated. Take a look at post #77, get a 2x4 or another wood board, and mount your bindings to it. Once you're confident in the process do it on your skis. Good luck!

Thanks! Reason #358 why I love TGR.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Thanks for the updates Jon, now I don't need to draw lines on the jester template when I mount my demos.

Wow!
    I just took the plums off my skis (thanks Sollyfits) and carefully measured them and my FT12s.

The heel holes are as identical in spacing as I can measure with calipers.
    The toe holes are spaced identically in width, however the Plums are 27mm front to back, and the Dynafits are 26.5mm front to back.

Now, why would they have done that - I wonder if its a mistake!
    That's very strange! Seems non-sensical to me.

FWIW, last season I installed my 2010-11 Plum Guide bindings in a Dynafit Manaslu ski that had previously been used with Dynafit Vertical ST bindings. I never noticed any different fore/aft spacing. (Granted I wasn't examining for that, but I would have thought any problems would become apparent.)

First home mount last night using fritschi template. I dont think I will ever pay for another mount. Thanks again.

having a hard time getting the salomon template to print to the right scale using Adobe Reader, the scale is about 14mm short.

I don't know Adobe for shit and havent been able to find a scaling % to go a guess and check route.

Any help out there?

You may find scaling options in your printer properties when you go to print. The newer Acrobat Reader dropped print scaling options for some retarded reason. You could also try Foxit Reader as it has print scaling options.

very helpful once i figured out the scaling options. gonna save me so much money!

yep, never was able to figure it out in adobe reader whateverthefuck. no scaling % anymore and wasted a lot of time trying to work with that. ended up opening in CS5 instead and the scaling was correct from the get go.

thanks for all the info in here, i will be on snow tomorrow because of it.

For jondrums reference and others. I mounted some jester demos a while ago which is the same hole pattern as schizo, and regular jesters but with the 5th toe hole. I actually modified the template slightly to match my measurements of the binding. I just printed the new jester template just issued and the new dimensions match my modifications exactly, so although I have not used it directly I am sure it is right now.

Used the Jester template today to do some inserts and everything goes together like peanut butter and chocolate.