Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1727

Rossignol Comp J

Does anyone have access to a paper template for the Rossignol Comp J kids bindings? Can't find it anywhere online and just spent the past two hours reading through this forum to no avail. Thanks in advance.

BD Helio 200 (ATK Haute Route 2.0):

http://https://galibierdesign.com/im...Route_Thom.pdf

Please do a test mount to verify that you understand the template.

I draw these templates old school - meaning that I mark the toe and heel location on the ski and cut out the square boxes to create a window to position over the toe and heel marks.

As I note in the documentation, the template is drawn for Tecnica Zero-G Tour Pros whose toe pin fittings are 10mm behind the front of the toe. Adjust the toe position for your boots ... yet another reason to do a test mount.

Note the large, 4" x 4" square around the text box (for verifying that you printed to scale). I like large scale lines (in both the x and y axis) to magnify any print scaling error. For example, my laser printer will measure 4.000" on the x-axis and about 4.007" on the y-axis. I don't sweat that difference over that much length (less than .002 per inch), but it's good to know.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-18-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Marker alpinist paper template PDF

Hello guys,
    I did not find anywhere on the Internet a drilling pattern for Marker alpinist touring binding. So I decided to draw in CAD a model similar to what I found on the internet for others bindings. I will upload it here in PDF format, if you consider it useful I think it would be a good ideea to post it in the first page of the thread.
    p.s. sorry but I can not post a link here, dont no why, If you are interested in the tamplate for Marker alpinist text me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_S View Post
    Hello guys,
    I did not find anywhere on the Internet a drilling pattern for Marker alpinist touring binding. So I decided to draw in CAD a model similar to what I found on the internet for others bindings. I will upload it here in PDF format, if you consider it useful I think it would be a good ideea to post it in the first page of the thread.
    p.s. sorry but I can not post a link here, dont no why, If you are interested in the tamplate for Marker alpinist text me.
    I tried sending you a PM for the pdf but it didn't go through. I'd love to get that template because I have a pair to mount and none of the shops near me have the jig.

I do not know how to proceed, because I am a new user I can not send PM or post download link here in the thread. Leave me an email address here or in a PM and I will reply.
    If there is a moderator around to post the PDF file on the forum I think it would be very helpful for all.

Here's the alpinist template from Vlad. Looks great, thanks for making this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B76...w?usp=drivesdk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks! Now I can start drilling with confidence.

Vipec/Tecton ...

I thought I posted this, but someone reported having searched and not having found it. Take note of the comments regarding the pin offset from the boot toe (I draw all of my templates to be used by marking the toe and heel of the boot).

https://galibierdesign.com/images/ot...Vipec_Thom.pdf

Same disclaimer applies ... do a test mount!

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Old Look Konect (Demo) template

New member. I couldn't find a template for the old (pre 2015 I think) Look Konect (demo) system, so I made one.

Not allowed URLs in first post. If anyone needs it, PM i guess, or if someone wants to add it to the sticky, let me know.

ok someone please make sure i am not totally retarded please. I was licking the windows on the short bus while thinking about this.
    used skis with shift mounted for 296 on the line, centered. want to run 305 and 315 boots, so mount ideally at 310 so one boot will be +.5, the other -.5 which is fine. so I could ideally move the toe forward 7mm. but that's not really enough to avoid a conflict, right? how far do I need to move the toe forward? 10mm? that makes the mounts +.8 and -.2 which i dont think I will even notice.
    help! they're putting my back in the time out closet.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I used the image meter-man posted, traced the awesome design elements of Knut, to create a vector PDF version of the Shift MNC template, for multiple boot sole lengths.

Salomon/Atomic SHIFT MNC 13 Binding Template

Prints to scale if you set it up to print at 100% and your printer can do that.

Edit: Previous to 11/2/2018, the template was unverified, and the dimensions were wrong.

Verified at 295mm and 334mm BSL. To my eye, it's dead nuts on, but of course, you ought to do a test mount first, for peace of mind.

Edit: Small edits on 11/6/2018 to make the center line and BSL 2.5mm more accurate.

Edit:
    The location of the toe button in relation to the center set of toe screws on the factory jig is 1.5mm back (64.5mm) from my empirically derived spec (66mm). I made the template match the jig. My bindings are mounted to the empirical spec.

Edit: 10/31/2019 changed a couple of the design elements (color and line weights) to distinguish from Knut's stuff. All dimensions are unchanged.

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    ok someone please make sure i am not totally retarded please. I was licking the windows on the short bus while thinking about this.
    used skis with shift mounted for 296 on the line, centered. want to run 305 and 315 boots, so mount ideally at 310 so one boot will be +.5, the other -.5 which is fine. so I could ideally move the toe forward 7mm. but that's not really enough to avoid a conflict, right? how far do I need to move the toe forward? 10mm? that makes the mounts +.8 and -.2 which i dont think I will even notice.
    help! they're putting my back in the time out closet.
    Depends on the ski, and how much you’re going to obsess about it after the fact. I’d probably just use the existing holes as a first attempt, which would allow you to go -0.45 and -0.95 without breaking out the drill.

Edit: Final answer. Holy shit it’s too early for me to do basic math.

Thanks, ski is solly qst106 no metal but has "basalt".
    OK I think shift has a adjustment of 30mm, so if it's mounted at the center of that, I can move the heel back 15mm, so go from 296 to 311. So I have to move something, right? I was going to just move the toe forward. ideally 7mm, to get the distance in front of mount point from 148 to 155 (half of the 296 and 310), but probably have conflict...
    i am going to check them out this weekend. maybe the heel is mounted a little back because the boot is so small... do shops ever do that?
    move the toe forward 1cm not bad also

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Depends on the ski, and how much you’re going to obsess about it after the fact. I’d probably just use the existing holes as a first attempt, which would allow you to go -0.45 and -0.95 without breaking out the drill.

Edit: Final answer. Holy shit it’s too early for me to do basic math.

Thanks, ski is solly qst106 no metal but has "basalt".
    I think they have a small metal plate for binding retention.

Binding Mount Paper Templates

So I have to move something, right?
    Heh. Yeah. Sorry.

I think if it’s shop (jig) mounted it might not be in the center of heel travel, for the specified BSL. I can’t remember if it’s forward or back.

Edit:
    ... so if it was shop mounted, maybe print a template and see what the template says the BSL is.

Knut's STH/Warden 13 template not working for me for rear fixture on Warden MNC 13 bindings. Hole spacing is correct but distance from boot center is off by quite a bit. I did a test mount -- which required multiple drillings for rear fixture until I got it -- then I clicked in the boot, marked center on the template and went from there. Front was off by by a c. 2mm, likely peculiar to the boot/binding interface, i.e., not an issue, easy to correct after a test mount. But the rear fixture was way off. Proper position for my 331 BSL mount (i.e., worm screw centered on rack) had me at c. 370 BSL on Knut's template. Anybody else encounter this?

ETA: Last week I mounted Warden MNC 11s on my wife's skis and Knut's Warden 11 template worked fine. Rear was spot on. Toe c. 3mm off, easily corrected after a test mount -- again, possibly peculiar to the boot/binding interface and/or boot center mark and/or ramp angle rotating boot center forward a bit.

Need Marker King Pin Demo mounting template

Hi, guys! I searched the forum, but couldn't find a link to Marker Kingpin Demo mounting template, is someone able to re-post or post the template, please? Thanks!

Looking for template for these marker bindings (3 holes for the toe). For one of my kids skis. Tia
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2691.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	848.7 KB 
ID:	311555
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2692.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	781.7 KB 
ID:	311556

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterman View Post
    Hi, guys! I searched the forum, but couldn't find a link to Marker Kingpin Demo mounting template, is someone able to re-post or post the template, please? Thanks!
    I do have a template.
    I've never posted it here. Let me work on that.

-Greg

Did a search but couldn't come up with anything (will admit my searching skills on this website are lacking) but is there a template anywhere for a Marker Griffon demo available?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Looking for template for these marker bindings (3 holes for the toe). For one of my kids skis. Tia
    Try the Marker M-Series template about halfway down here

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Did a search but couldn't come up with anything (will admit my searching skills on this website are lacking) but is there a template anywhere for a Marker Griffon demo available?
    For the older version just use the jester template on the first page of this thread, the extra schizo hole should be the same as the demo. For more recent demos, lucknau posted a template back on page 51

Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    Try the Marker M-Series template about halfway down here
    From my phone, it looks about right! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    For the older version just use the jester template on the first page of this thread, the extra schizo hole should be the same as the demo. For more recent demos, lucknau posted a template back on page 51
    Much appreciated

@shifterman et al.
    Kingpin 13 Demo template here.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...98#post5874598

WARNING!
    The mounting template of ©Knut Pohl (Bohrschablone_Marker-Ten.pdf) is not valid for the new 2019/2020 Marker Free Ten versions of the bindings. The heel holes has different positions! 40/20 mm instead the 42/21 mm between the holes(as is in the published template). So, be aware of using it. Peace!