Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    PROBABLY the same pattern. Look/Rossi has used the word "pivot" on a different system in the past.

For example: these two bindings pictured below have different mounting patterns. Most TGR folks think of the model on the right when the word "pivot" comes up, but depending on the year, it could mean something else. It would be helpful for you to see (and post) a pic of the previous binding.

I mounted up a pair of the bindings pictured on the right this past Friday, printed the pivot template to use, but the heel didn't match. Turns out the FKS template was the one I needed, and it worked just great. Odd that the pivot template didn't match, no, as those are definitely pivots? I got them used, so maybe they're older ones? The hole pattern in the heel was way tighter.

Used the Duke Template and it worked great...thanks Jondrums you totally rule! I have used the Salomon and Axial templates as well with no issues. I plan to put an order in this week for some inserts. Thanks Again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    I mounted up a pair of the bindings pictured on the right this past Friday, printed the pivot template to use, but the heel didn't match. Turns out the FKS template was the one I needed, and it worked just great. Odd that the pivot template didn't match, no, as those are definitely pivots? I got them used, so maybe they're older ones? The hole pattern in the heel was way tighter.
    That's because those are fks's branded pivot... confusing, I know.

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

The pivot/fks thing always crops up, but the current naming between Look and Rossi is:
    Pivot = FKS
    PX = Axial2
    PX Racing = Axial2 World Cup

Hopefully the have some consistency going forward, but that could change at any moment.
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

I'm looking for an MFD template, particularly the FKS/pivot version. I've failed at finding it so far (aside from the MFD supplied stick on that they charge for).

Anyone have it and/or know where to find it?

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post

Thank you, sir.

Bump ... because I'm using the Salomon template, and because I still don't understand why this isn't sticky.

Hey Jondrums

You gonna have any DynLook plates any time soon?

PS; your inbox needs douched.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Terry, Adobe illustrator can save PDF files in DXF format, which is what I'd recommend.

I think you're trying to recreate THIS
    I just spend ten minutes digging for this old Jondrums post. Can I request that this document be listed on Page 1, post 1? It's super useful!

Also, to help it show up in searches, I'm randomly dropping the following keywords that go with this document: alpine ski touring binding mount template compare comparison pattern overlay overlap holes pdf layers inserts spacing spaced apart

Bookmarking this for myself, but needs to be stickied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I just want to say thank you to Jondrums and everyone else who helped/ is helping put this together.

Stickied!!

^^^ badda-boom!!!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I decided to celebrate getting the thread stickied by making a paper template for the Tyrolia Adrenalin. This one way a bit of a pain to get on 8.5x11 - I had to put it on three pages because the heel piece stretches so far back. Cheers!

Here is a Head/Tyrolia PRD12 Template.

I finally got a pair of real fun front side carvers for bullet proof, thin cover days along with high speed groomers and some bumps. I mounted the PRD's with Power Rails so I could also mess around with foot positions in 4mm increments. After playing around with this on various conditions and terrain over the past month, it sure makes me wish all bindings had at least a couple cm fore and aft adjustment so we had the choice to fine tune or tweak the mount location after an initial mount relative to conditions and terrain. I'm liking a more forward positions than in the past and now wondering about tweaking my other skis and their binding positions.

Short of that, either temporarily mounting an adjustable binding before your primary binding mount might be worth a consideration for some....or simply installing an additional set of inserts for an alternative riding position.

Also, here is a good read on: Ski Binding placement recommendations.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

How did he make the drill bit? I can't seem to figure it out

Too stupid, or am I missing something. Crowd control seem lacking these days.

"HEY... YOU KIDS... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I have a pair of Look/Rossi demos that I want to mount. Does anyone have a template for these? I'm trying to search but coming up blank.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Does anyone have a template for the current Tyrolia plates, including the Ultraflex and Power Plate 9? Looked at the Tyrolia thread, also did search here, nada.

I'm going to mount a pair of skis with the new Salomon/Atomic STH2 binding tomorrow (we got the jig today). What is needed data-wise from me for someone else to create a paper template? Second, any good ideas of how to get said data in a convenient and precise way?

^^^ a couple of options:

set the jig on a scanner and scan the toe and heel holes
    or get a pair of calipers and measure from hole to hole. You want to use the calipers to measure from the inside to inside of the hole and then add the diameter of the hole to get the center-to-center distance.

Here's the measurements you need (all center to center)
    toe front width
    toe back width
    toe front left to toe back left
    heel front width
    heel back width
    heel front left to heel back left
    toe back left to BSL center mark for 300BSL (denote either center to mark, or along center-line)
    heel front left to BSL center mark for 300BSL (denote either center to mark, or along center-line)

If I understand things right, the hole pattern for jester changed last year (between 11/12 and 12/13).
    Which model is the current template for?

I mounted two pairs for my 10/11- jesters last year with this template (eternal gratitude by the way) with BF inserts and might mount another pair for the same binding.

I also might mount a new pair of jesters for a friend, so it would be very useful with both templates (and to know which is which )

And if I misunderstood, and the did'nt change the hole pattern, just the connection brackets I could'nt be happier but please enlighten me

CarlE, were you able to scan that STH2 jig? We have one but the printer is down . . .

I'll see if I can get it done, but I wont be in the shop for a couple of days...