Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    But if you fold the template at the boot center, you just line up the fold with ski center...

As long as your fold is dead on. Punching the holes removes some variables and is visually obvious.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Skaramanga View Post
    I've just mounted my first pair (with tyrolias). Everything went well, except one toe piece screw that is a spinner, but more or less tight. I think it will hold. Any suggestions?

Thanks, jondrums.
    In continuation of the kinder, gentler TGR....fuck that! SEARCH JONG!!

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=01...55:goe34wkkkv8
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

+1 for the jester/griffon template, Just mounted some griffon demos today with inserts. Paper template was spot on. I used it to create a plexi jig. BF inserts are bomber also.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Hey Jon, I just mounted some sollyfits with the 2013 sth14 driver bindings. The design seems to be a little different than the 2012 and the included screw length guide is a bit off. For the heel piece, they now use the same 25mm bolts as the sth16. I haven't quite figured out the toe yet (did a test mount on a 2x4), but they seem to be a bit different as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Back to your original question: you were just asking as to whether or not the bindings come with a template, correct? What are you trying to accomplish? Do you have 2013's without the included template and trying to use a 2012 template (I have no idea if they are the same or changed for some reason.) Anyhow, this image shows the scan of the Look template with my CAD drawing overlaid (I mounted two pairs with it just fine) with some dimensions so you can verify printing scale:

Let me know know your BSL and I'll bang out a template for your size.
    I do have the 2013 Look Pivots & my BSL is 330. And yes I do plan on mounting them myself. A template would be awesome. Thanks

Hi guys - stoked on my DynaLook plates - already have them mounted on my Megawatts and Verdicts with a set of FKS's on there! I was wondering if the G3 Onyx would work, or should I go with Dynafit Comforts? Both are used bindings I've found for a good deal.

Thanks!

shameless plug for a friend's cottage industry invention, it's spendy but it will mount anything. Well maybe not livestock and the like but you get the drift.

http://www.allskijig.com

Another successful mount completed using the Look/Rossi PX/Axial 2 template from Jondrum's site. Big props to all involved. Will most likely be installing inserts on two pairs of my skis in the near future. Won't even consider buying from anywhere but Jon.

Is there something wrong with the non-radical Dynafit template? I've tried on many printers and computers, with print scaling disabled, and it always seems that the print scaling checker is 19.25mm or thereabouts long. I used the Solly template just a couple weeks back, and the scaling was fine. Am I overlooking something? Can somebody check if it works OK for them?
    Last edited by angrysasquatch; 11-23-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Is there something wrong with the non-radical Dynafit template? I've tried on many printers and computers, with print scaling disabled, and it always seems that the print scaling checker is 29.25mm or thereabouts long. I used the Solly template just a couple weeks back, and the scaling was fine. Am I overlooking something? Can somebody check if it works OK for them?
    Then adjust your print scaling obviously. Simple solution....

The templates are all on. Check scaling as suggested.

Thanks to everyone who has put work into this, such a great resource!

Did my first self mount (inserts for STH's) over the last couple days and everything is spot on. Measure twice and drill once and you can't go wrong.
    Thanks again!

2012 Look Pivot/FKS 330 BSL template for mrski00

mrski00, here is the 2012 Look Pivot/FKS 330 BSL template to check out. I included some overall and other dimensions so you can verify scale and then check with the binding hole pattern.

EDIT: I went ahead and generated a series of 2012 Look Pivot/FKS templates in 10mm increments from 240mm to 390mm. You can turn off BSL layers in the PDF. Hopefully, I didn't muck them up in the process....please verify and let me know of any errors.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-27-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Any chance we could get the Guardian template in a legal paper size so we can have the sidewall centering marks?

Anyone? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    Any chance we could get the Guardian template in a legal paper size so we can have the sidewall centering marks?

Anyone? Anyone?
    If you or someone gets me a scan and/or measured hole layout relative to BCS I'll give it a go.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

just mounted the g/f's dynafits using the Radical template. Worked like a treat - cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post

Anyone? Anyone?
    I just ordered some of these today, so I would also love any assistance from the template pros.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Mounted my third pair of bindings using these templates last night, and wanted to say thanks again. TGR is an amazing resource for stuff like this!

And seriously, if you have a drill, mount your own bindings. It's not that hard.

Never mind.
    Last edited by Jamespio; 12-02-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    mrski00, here is the 2012 Look Pivot/FKS 330 BSL template to check out. I included some overall and other dimensions so you can verify scale and then check with the binding hole pattern.

EDIT: I went ahead and generated a series of 2012 Look Pivot/FKS templates in 10mm increments from 240mm to 390mm. You can turn off BSL layers in the PDF. Hopefully, I didn't muck them up in the process....please verify and let me know of any errors.
    Terry, Thanks, spot on. Another successful mount. Made a template using sheet metal so future mounts will be a piece of cake. Looks great, but that Kiwi green is a bit too much for a 86 yo.

First Dynafit mount; Radicals.

One ski was perfect. The other, despite multiple measurements I somehow got the toe slightly off - not sure at what point, but the heel lines up about 4mm off-centred at the rear pins. Doesn't seem to be too big of a deal - they seem to click in just fine. Perhaps I should just be more careful on that ski? Any suggestions, or stop worrying too much about it?

Sounds like if you loosen the toe piece, center the heel pins and then tighten the toe back down all will be good.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Thanks Jondrums for the Tyrolia template..... Peak15 THall pro model perfect fit....

woohoo...mounted dukes (sm). template was money.
    thanks.
    cheers,
    P
    "Dad, I can huck that"