Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    With my print scaling, the Plum R1 and Dynafit R2 templates have exactly the same toe. I also verified this with my actual toepiece, and it works perfectly.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Does anyone know about a template for the Marker Free series? I've searched, but might still be JONGing it...

Jondrums - I know it is WAY early but how long do you think it will take for you to make a salmon guardian template?

^^ anyone have a jig?

look px/axial2 worked for me

Excuse the dumb questions, but I want to be certain before I drill. I'm about to mount Solomon S900's on Pontoons. At my daughter's kitchen counter in Tacoma and far, far away from shop and tools. I did a 2x4 test mount at my shop before and all went well. So....

Dumb question #1- For a boot with a 318 BSL I join the heel/toe templates between the 320 and 315 marks? That's what I did on the 2x4 and forward pressure worked out.

Dumb question #2- I am mounting "on the line" so...this point on the template (Between the 320 and 315 marks)should also be at the boot center mark on the ski?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

^^^ Yes... you've got it.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Excuse the dumb questions, but I want to be certain before I drill. I'm about to mount Solomon S900's on Pontoons. At my daughter's kitchen counter in Tacoma and far, far away from shop and tools. I did a 2x4 test mount at my shop before and all went well. So....

Dumb question #1- For a boot with a 318 BSL I join the heel/toe templates between the 320 and 315 marks? That's what I did on the 2x4 and forward pressure worked out.

Dumb question #2- I am mounting "on the line" so...this point on the template (Between the 320 and 315 marks)should also be at the boot center mark on the ski?
    That is what I did.
    My BSL was 326...but I took one piece of paper and folded it over CRISPLY at whatever BSL you want between the lines. I used a calibrated digital ruler to verify it was what I wanted it to be. I did similar with the heel part.

Taped them one at a time at the "LINE" you want to mount them on. I checked a number of times to make sure that the templates were centered with a line down the centre of the ski (longitudinally). Again I used a digital ruler to verify it was the same amount on each side.

You should be pretty good with this. You can also set the bindings down on the template and sort of set you boot on it to make sure it looks right - although that isn't very precise...it made me feel better.

Good luck man. After you have done it once, it seems so simple that you wonder why you paid someone for it. (until you fuck it up that is )

Thanks. This place is good. Was all set to use a shop on the way to the mountains but, THERE WAS TOO MUCH SNOW TO GET THERE! I-90 to the Pass was closed for avy control. we'll try again tomorrow with freshly mounted Pontoons.I'm using the "folded paper" method to find the center line. Works every time if 3 points line up. If they don't, like they just didn't, re-measure.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

i've been meaning to state in here that i was having some weird comparisons between the duke template and my baron 13's. if i remember right the baron holes were slightly closer together (a few mm's). i'll be able to confirm once i do my next swap, but has anyone else noticed a slight discrepancy?

^^ Baron and Duke are the same hole pattern. No difference.

Tyrolia R4

Hey Jondrums, just used the Tyrolia R4 pattern. It seems to have fixed the problem. You can probably go ahead and call that one verified. thanks again for the updated one!

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    ^^ Baron and Duke are the same hole pattern. No difference.
    yeah i guess i worded that terribly, that wasn't the point i was making. my point was that the template was off, i believe it was in the toe.

Just wanted to thank Jondrums.

Successfully mounted my first pair of skis a couple days ago. I have to say I was more than a little nervous drilling into my 112RP's but a couple practice runs on an old pair of sticks helped that out.

Thanks!

Anybody interested in the official mounting/drill template for the Look pivot 14/18 and Rossignol FKS 140/180? I also have the official instruction manual with them. I can scan them if someone needs them.

CAD files anywhere?

I've done some tech jong searches, but can't find if anyone has already posted a CAD file on the site.

I assume (maybe wrongly) these templates are a CAD output of some kind? If so, any chance I can get the source files (particularly for Duke/Dynafit/Look PX) so I can play around with them?

Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    I've done some tech jong searches, but can't find if anyone has already posted a CAD file on the site.

I assume (maybe wrongly) these templates are a CAD output of some kind? If so, any chance I can get the source files (particularly for Duke/Dynafit/Look PX) so I can play around with them?
    I made this Marker Royal Family template as a CAD file. What format? .dwg, .dxf or other?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baron-Duke_template.JPG 
Views:	6557 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	109753

I also have a partial one for Axial2's. Same as PX's, correct?
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

^^^ That's pretty nice. DXFs would work for most folks.

I've always loaded Jon's templates as images and traced em in CAD. Kinda tedious, but not too bad. From a previous conversation I believe Jon uses an Adobe product to make those templates (correct me if I'm wrong?).

Here is a slam-dunked .dxf file for Duke, Baron, F10 & 12.

I did a quick test and the arrow heads became ginormous and will require editing. Be sure to set the units to mm before importing.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Perfect - thanks Terry.

Works fine for what I'm looking for. I'll probably copy grenald & "trace" in the dynafit as an overlay.

I'll post back to the thread with the completed file so people can play with as they like once I'm done.

....or simply import the Dynafit PDF on layer below.

Alternatively, here is the Compare Binding PDF link with a layer per binding you can toggle on or off. Knut made this in Illustrator.

Edit: corrected author. Thanks Knut and Jon for all your efforts.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 02-08-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Yes, it has beed done in Illustrator. But nope, not by Jon

All my templates exist as Illustrator-files, if they're of any help to you, PM me.

Oops. My bad. Edited previous post for proper credit.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Thanks, that's nice. But I didn't really bother, don't worry...

If someone could hook me up with an fks 180 paper template as well as a n 11/12 plum template that would be sweet.