Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1727
    No worries, only concern is where you end up relative to the ski's boot center -- pattern is spot on. Make sure to report back in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I used the image meter-man posted, traced the awesome design elements of Knut, to create a vector PDF version of the Shift MNC template, for multiple boot sole lengths.

Salomon/Atomic SHIFT MNC 13 Binding Template

Prints to scale if you set it up to print at 100% and your printer can do that. It's unverified until my bindings arrive in September.

Edit: or whenever.... it's almost the end of October now.
    I have my shifts and just tried to mount on a piece of wood using your template but sadly it's just a bit off. The heel is "close enough" but the toe holes just aren't quite lining. any other templates out there?

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Quote Originally Posted by finishthepint View Post
    I have my shifts and just tried to mount on a piece of wood using your template but sadly it's just a bit off. The heel is "close enough" but the toe holes just aren't quite lining. any other templates out there?
    Thanks. I'll fix it later in the week if someone hasn't already gotten to it. Finally got them to ship mine today. Just to be sure, though. Did you check it printed to scale against the ruler on the right?

Thanks. I'll fix it later in the week if someone hasn't already gotten to it. Finally got them to ship mine today. Just to be sure, though. Did you check it printed to scale against the ruler on the right?
    Ya, i checked the scale. I scanned the toe and heel pieces and overlaid the template to see what's up. It's closer than i thought. It actually looks like the farthest back holes aren't lining up. I can send links to scans of the heel and toe if that helps.

Ya, i checked the scale. I scanned the toe and heel pieces and overlaid the template to see what's up. It's closer than i thought. It actually looks like the farthest back holes aren't lining up. I can send links to scans of the heel and toe if that helps.

Thanks. Okay, I'll fix it on Thursday or Friday. I had someone check dimensions against a jig, but maybe he didn't check everything. Or I just fucked up something.

Edit. template has been updated, as of 11/2/2018, HERE
    Last edited by lucknau; 11-02-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Does anyone know of a template for the G3 Zed? Is it similar to the Ion?

Thanks. Okay, I'll fix it on Thursday or Friday. I had someone check dimensions against a jig, but maybe he didn't check everything. Or I just fucked up something.
    Thanks for doing this! Looking for a good Shift template too. Let us know when you have fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Does anyone know of a template for the G3 Zed? Is it similar to the Ion?
    G3 has confirmed the Zed has the same mounting pattern as the Ion.

Car also confirm for the Shift that the two back holes on the toe-piece are slightly too close together. Also, check the BSL measurement, because where they're at on the template my test came out having to have the heel piece all the way back to fit the boot, rather than being an inch or so up on the mounting rail like they're supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by khr23 View Post
    Car also confirm for the Shift that the two back holes on the toe-piece are slightly too close together. Also, check the BSL measurement, because where they're at on the template my test came out having to have the heel piece all the way back to fit the boot, rather than being an inch or so up on the mounting rail like they're supposed to be.
    Yeah, it was all jacked up. I'm almost done. Got the toe and heel patterns fixed and working on the BSL right now. Original dimensions given were eyeball close, but not accurate enough for a build. Will post a fixed template later today.

Edit: done! linked HERE
    Last edited by lucknau; 11-02-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks for doing this! Looking for a good Shift template too. Let us know when you have fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by khr23 View Post
    Okay, it's fixed and uploaded. I updated the link on my original post, #1251.

The originally given dimensions were just a hair off in all directions and the boot center line was off by 10mm.
    I measured on my bindings when they arrived yesterday, modified and tested the template on two boot sole lengths, and it was accurate: right on the center line of the adjustment range.
    Also learned today that my 331mm (stamped) Salomon MTN labs are actually 334mm.

The originally given dimensions were just a hair off in all directions and the boot center line was off by 10mm.
    I measured on my bindings when they arrived yesterday, modified and tested the template on two boot sole lengths, and it was accurate: right on the center line of the adjustment range.
    Printed out the new template, and dont have the shifts yet to verify, but the two rear screws for toe say 28mm wide but measure 30mm. Is 30mm correct? And 28mm a typo? Everything else measures to scale.

Printed out the new template, and dont have the shifts yet to verify, but the two rear screws for toe say 28mm wide but measure 30mm. Is 30mm correct? And 28mm a typo? Everything else measures to scale.
    Nice catch. Thanks. Yeah it's supposed to be 30mm. I forgot to fix the label. Will do.

Edit: done! Thanks again.

Nice catch. Thanks. Yeah it's supposed to be 30mm. I forgot to fix the label. Will do.

Edit: done! Thanks again.
    Figured that was the case. Thanks!

So this is the correct and current as of today?
    I used the image meter-man posted, traced the awesome design elements of Knut, to create a vector PDF version of the Shift MNC template, for multiple boot sole lengths.

Salomon/Atomic SHIFT MNC 13 Binding Template

Prints to scale if you set it up to print at 100% and your printer can do that.

Edit: Previous to 11/2/2018, the template was unverified, and the dimensions were wrong.

Verified at 295mm and 334mm BSL. To my eye, it's dead nuts on, but of course, you ought to do a test mount first, for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    So this is the correct and current as of today?
    Affirmative

Thanks for fixing the template. Used it to successfully mount my shifts last night. I think holes are absolutely dead on however I think the BSL measurements on the heel are off by between 2 and 5 mm. The centerline is close on the toe but i think it's also off by a tiny bit. I have 301mm MTN Lab boots and i'm measuring the center mark as dead in the middle with my calipers so that fact that you said your MTN labs were off by 3mm makes me think that you may have had a similar issue? Either way, it's such a small amount that I didn't even both trying to figure out how much it was off by. The only thing that might concern me is the possibly slightly off toe centerline marks.

In another related note, the shift mounting diagrams show adjusting the heel to a spot on the plate that it marks as "=L". Any idea what this is referring to? I think it was in step 3? Mostly just curious.

Thanks for fixing the template. Used it to successfully mount my shifts last night. I think holes are absolutely dead on however I think the BSL measurements on the heel are off by between 2 and 5 mm. The centerline is close on the toe but i think it's also off by a tiny bit. I have 301mm MTN Lab boots and i'm measuring the center mark as dead in the middle with my calipers so that fact that you said your MTN labs were off by 3mm makes me think that you may have had a similar issue? Either way, it's such a small amount that I didn't even both trying to figure out how much it was off by. The only thing that might concern me is the possibly slightly off toe centerline marks.

In another related note, the shift mounting diagrams show adjusting the heel to a spot on the plate that it marks as "=L". Any idea what this is referring to? I think it was in step 3? Mostly just curious.
    Okay, thanks for the feedback. Will look again and get it more dialed in.

Edit: done.
    Last edited by lucknau; 11-06-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Used the Shift template last night. It was spot on.
    Thanks Shane

Question tyrolia_paper_template_R4 vs PowderGuide Tyrolia / Head template

I'm about to mount the Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW. Searched for some templates for Tyrolia bindings and found two, the one listed in this thread's first post and the PowderGuide one. Printed both of them and checked the scales and they were perfect on both templates. Then I cut and aligned them to BSL of 305 mm. I then noticed that the tyrolia_paper_template_R4 positioned the toe piece 5 mm further to the tip compared to the PowerGuide one. The heel piece were identically positioned on both templates.

The question is... Which template is correct?
    Last edited by macke; 11-11-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    The question is... Which template is correct?
    Do a test mount on a 2x4 and let us know what you find.

The Powderguide template is much more accurate in terms of getting your boot center correct. Use that one. But still do a test mount to tweak if necessary. I just tested the same thing you did last week.

Tried searching and came up short, anyone have a kingpin template they have tested?

Edit #961 seems to have it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Plum Yaks?

Hey, long time lurker and user of the excellent templates here.

Anyone got a template for a Plum Yak? The one in the sticky got a narrower pattern (Guide?) and the Yaks are wider in both X and Y planes.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an Atomic Warden 13 MNC mounting template? Couldn't find it in this thread (though I saw the demo version)... any help is appreciated.