Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48
Results 1,176 to 1,184 of 1184
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Nice timing. I just threw it out while cleaning the gear boxes like a week ago. Sorry. You might be able to get one from tyrolia or a tyrolia retailer.
    Heh, story of my life. I was asking for a friend (no, really!) so I'll just pass the bad news along. Thanks anyway.
    山、川、森林、砂漠、海、空

@alpinord

I took your PDF, remeasured everything several times over with a metal ruler and feel pretty confident about numbers I've put into the PDF. I noted which front holes go with which bindings as it is noted on the jig and where the center line is at 190mm. I'm attaching that image below (my pdf was too big for the forum after edits). Is this now enough to be a functioning template or turned into one and can someone do whatever needs to be done to it for it to function as such if not?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Binding_template_jig_RossiLookRoxyDynastarJrbindings.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	217874

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    @alpinord

I took your PDF, remeasured everything several times over with a metal ruler and feel pretty confident about numbers I've put into the PDF. I noted which front holes go with which bindings as it is noted on the jig and where the center line is at 190mm. I'm attaching that image below (my pdf was too big for the forum after edits). Is this now enough to be a functioning template or turned into one and can someone do whatever needs to be done to it for it to function as such if not?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Binding_template_jig_RossiLookRoxyDynastarJrbindings.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	217874
    I can adjust this easy enough and convert it to a template. Did you print the PDF and put your jig over it to visually align holes?

The 134mm radius you added in lieu of 139mm arc drawn is impossible if the other 134mm radius remains. Did you verify the vertical dimensions? What is your margin of error for each dimension? Generally, I would first wonder why vertically and laterally binding holes wouldn't be to the mm or at least 0.5mm where a radius would be to the nearest 0.1mm.

An alternative approach is to set the jig up on a board or ski with paper on it and punch with 5/16" punch or drill bit or draw holes with a 5/16" pencil or pen. Then you can measure directly on the paper.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more

Are there any mag coupons for Binding Freedom floating around? I need to place a rather large order for inserts and some Jigarex plates and a coupon would be nice.

Yeah PM Rontele he can hook you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Yeah PM Rontele he can hook you up.
    Yawn...

C’mon that joke never gets old.

Try SlideWright for a Maggot discount.

Many thanks for this template! I successfully mounted a pair of Atomic STH2s using this template last night and the holes were all bang on. I was a little nervous when eyeballing my boot length before mounting, so I did a test mount on plywood and it turned out just fine. I ended up moving to the 330 bsl line for my 325mm boots, and I'm still almost at the rear of the binding's adjustment range, so the test mount was a good idea I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Wow forgot about the warden extra holes. If someone wants to measure for me and send dimensions I can update the template.

I finally figured out my export to pdf issues in Solidworks, made a new template with adjustable bsl and everything.

Few things to note. First, the official adjustment range of STH2 is 28-29mm. On the template I indicate this. However, there is a good extra 3mm of adjustment smaller available while still having 2-3 of the worm screw threads engaged. Do so at your own risk. I think it'd be fine, I know Marker only uses 2-3 threads on their worm screws.

As far as instructions, cut the toe piece sheet across at your selected bsl, then match it over the heel piece sheet. Align the center and side lines to match as well, ensuring the templates are aligned correctly. There are three outside lines running the length of the template on each side - depending on width of ski I cut to the appropriate width and use those to help me in aligning the template in the center of the ski (I find it exactly with a wood block and steel ruler, but just for eye-balling purposes). Make sure your scaling is 100% (or actual size)!

Note that I have only verified this for STH2. I need more measurements to add the warden holes.

Enjoy (click on the preview below to download the file. Quality of the actual pdf is much better I promise )

Attachment 202618