Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Marker Griffon/Jester Template

I just mounted my Rossi Scratch BCs with a pair of the Marker Griffons. The template seemed accurate but I did have to make some adjustments to the hole positions as I went.

This was my first time mounting with a paper template, previously I have just freehanded it on some beater skis. I'm not sure if the minor adjustments were needed due to the template not printing square on the page or a mistake I made. I would say the template is good, just triple check all your holes before drilling, any adjustments I had to make were less than a millimeter, but the marks were definitely not in the center of the binding holes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffamantea View Post
    Tyrolia!!
    I have measurements, but my calipers arent digi...
    go get it!

here's what I need (assuming it is 4 hole, 4 hole back). Inch or millimeter is fine, measure within +/- 0.005" or +/- .1mm if possible.

Toe Front holes width
    Toe Back holes width
    Toe Back to Front distance (parallel to ski centerline)
    Toe Back holes distance to Mount Line for XXX BSL (parallel to ski centerline)

Heel Front holes width
    Heel Back holes width
    Heel Back to Front distance (parallel to ski centerline)
    Heel Front holes distance to Mount Line for XXX BSL (parallel to ski centerline)

Quote Originally Posted by OpIvy View Post
    I just mounted my Rossi Scratch BCs with a pair of the Marker Griffons. The template seemed accurate but I did have to make some adjustments to the hole positions as I went.
    can you confirm using the printout that the print scaling is spot on? In other words, take a ruler and check that the inch or cm scale exactly matches the printed ruler lines on the templates. If it does, then there's a problem with the template, there shouldn't be a need to adjust holes.

Quote Originally Posted by OpIvy View Post
    I would say the template is good, just triple check all your holes before drilling, any adjustments I had to make were less than a millimeter, but the marks were definitely not in the center of the binding holes.
    My voice doesn't count for much in this since I'm the one that took measurements but I did use the paper template and everything lined up spot on for me.

The first print out I had was slightly off because Acrobat was set to auto size the document to fit on the printable area of an 8.5 x 11 sheet....which is a reduction to 96% of actual size. Once I changed that to print to 100% scale, everything lined up spot on. My only worry is the BSL measurement. It worked grand for me.....

I mounted the 3 screw geze toe FKS binders last weekend with the template and it worked fine. I'm going to mount some 4 screw newer fks binders this weekend hopefully with the same template. Thanks for providing it, just wanted to let everyone know that it worked. I don't know if it had been confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    can you confirm using the printout that the print scaling is spot on? In other words, take a ruler and check that the inch or cm scale exactly matches the printed ruler lines on the templates. If it does, then there's a problem with the template, there shouldn't be a need to adjust holes.
    Yes the scaling was perfect. I had it auto scale on me the first time I printed it but caught it right away. Like I said the adjustments were very slight, but necessary. Now that I think about it the punch I was using was getting dull and I can't be certain that I hit the X right in the center. In hindsight I would say any problems were my own doing and not the templates.

Tyrolia/Head Mojo/Peak

Since no one else was stepping up (and since I have a Tyrolia 92W jig and a digital caliper ...)

Toe Front holes width: 35.0 mm
    Toe Back holes width: 35.0 mm
    Toe Back to Front distance (parallel to ski centerline): 50.0 mm
    Toe Back holes distance to Mount Line for 310 BSL (parallel to ski centerline): 160.0 mm (unfortunately this exceeded what my digital calipers can do so I had to go to metric tape measure - YMMV)

Heel Front holes width: 15.0 mm
    Heel Back holes width: 38.0 mm
    Heel Back to Front distance (parallel to ski centerline): 90.0 mm
    Heel Front holes distance to Mount Line for 310 BSL (parallel to ski centerline): 116.0 mm

I'm assuming that all these measurements were to be taken from closest hole edge to closest hole edge (and not center to center since that would take some "guessing").

Preliminary Jester mount on scrap indicates mount is good for BSL of 335. Puts the heel bang in the middle of screw. Will test for centre lines soon.

Nice one Jond!
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

Just used paper jig to mount some Salomon 914's on 2010 Atomic Snoops

Went pretty well, Took about an hour and a half to figure everything out and complete the mount. Used a 1x4 as practice b4 doing the real thing, which was a good idea.

Hardest part= punching in the right spot.

Used digital caliper, but kept being left of center by about mm, so I had to readjust the template a few times. I relied on the side-to-side adjustment hash marks on the paper jig to be accurate, which after measuring post mount looked to be fine.

Pretty excited to have done this and look forward to more successful mounts in the future.

The mounting reference lines were about 1/4 CM off from one ski to the other, which I noticed when the skis were laid side to side. Ended up going 2 CM in front of classic mount on one skin and then measuring and using that distance for the other ski.

go get it!

here's what I need (assuming it is 4 hole, 4 hole back). Inch or millimeter is fine, measure within +/- 0.005" or +/- .1mm if possible.

Toe Front holes width
    Toe Back holes width
    Toe Back to Front distance (parallel to ski centerline)
    Toe Back holes distance to Mount Line for XXX BSL (parallel to ski centerline)

Heel Front holes width
    Heel Back holes width
    Heel Back to Front distance (parallel to ski centerline)
    Heel Front holes distance to Mount Line for XXX BSL (parallel to ski centerline)

I mounted a pair of skis with these measurements and although they turned out pretty much perfect, the front heel holes should be verified.

Toe Front Holes Width - 40mm
    Toe Back Holes Width - 40mm
    Toe Back to Front - 55mm
    Toe Back to Mount Line for 306 bsl - 142mm

Heel Front Holes Width - 20mm
    Heel Back Holes Width - 42mm
    Heel Back to Front distance - 95mm
    Heel Front Holes distance to Mount Line for 306 bsl - 136.25mm

All the measurements are taken from the CENTER of each hole. As I have said, my mount with these measurements was spot on, with perfect forward preassure, but I think they should still be verified.

^^ what bindings?
    oh, and thanks for the measurements.

^^ what bindings?
    oh, and thanks for the measurements.
    shit.. haha
    they are tyrolia peak 18s.

I used the Look PX/Rossi Axial template to mount a pair of PX12s on my old skis last week. Everything lined up and worked perfect. Thanks for making these available to the masses!

It has come to my attention that the Salamon STH12 binding has a 3 hole toepiece. Can anyone provide an accurate measurement of the third hole location so that I can update the template? (Assuming that the rear two holes match the 4 hole toes)

I'll check our templates with a caliper in a few hours when I'm at work. Any more measurements needed from Salomon templates?!?! (work in the concept store in Stockholm...).

Edit: I brought an old display piece home as an extra for future mounting, but I only marked the Driver-holes (I only use those bindings) and forgot about the STH12 and the oversize pattern...

I got the display piece right infront of me but I can't tell which two holes that are the rear ones... I have good candidates, but I'm not sure. I'll look it up Saturday if no one can do it faster.
    Last edited by CarlE; 12-30-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The SMP View Post
    I couldn't find this anywhere so here it is

I'm mounting some STH14 with the three screw toe (I think also the STH12 and z12). The two back holes are the same as the other salomons and the third is 74 mm on the centerline from the line bisecting the back 2 holes. This is a snapper hair away from the paper edge on jondrums template but it works. Thanks jondrums

Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Talking Rossi Axial2 Scratch 120's

Just joined the forum to show my thanks.

The Axial2 template worked perfectly for my Rossi Scratch 120's.

Only thing I'd add is that an 07/08 Look.Rossi.Dyna tech book specifically says no wood glue... Not exactly sure why but thought I'd share.

Anyway thanks for sharing.

Excellent thread, thanks for putting this together. Does anyone one know if the Look PX/Axial 2 also works for the Rossi SAS series?

First Off, I would like to thank jondrums for all his time and effort, it's much appreciated by all.
    I just wanted to say I used the Marker Jester template to mont some griffon to my Goats. I notice the toe mounts were about 1 mm (i have worn calipers) off to the right. I did the correction on my own and it was bang on. The heel template is perfect. Thanks again.

^^ thank you so much for catching that! I fixed the template and posted a new rev that will remain "untested" until someone verifies that it works perfect.

Just mounted some PX14s with the paper template. Came out perfect. Thanks to whoever made that one.

Used the Salomon template to mount 914's on my Billy Goats. I had an old paper template that I had used for several mounts, and while it was good I always had to force the last screw in. No big deal BUT the pdf was perfecto. I lined up the BSL marks and then compared to my old template and POW! they were perfect.

Anyway, done deal.

I wish the Fritschi template from WildSnow had those BSL marks. Takes away a lot of the dirty measuring.

dynafit worked well for me, I think to comment on the "slightly off" holes - it seems related to error in drilling or even initial punching. The "naked" binding laid on the template matches the hole centers perfectly. I used an automatic centerpunch in the past, but noted quite a bit of "jumping" when the punch activated, and lead to holes that are off by *just* a bit. I have since used a centerpunch which you hit with a hammer and I feel it goes through the template much more accurately. You can always find the marks and "reinforce" them with the punch after removal of the template, before drilling. Anyway, just my .02 on getting the holes perfectly laid out before drilling...

This thread should be stickied for sure, but wheres that tyrolia template? I would be so appreciative if you made the tyrolia template.