Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1723
    Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    marker Griffon template anyone? TIA
    Should be “that” just don’t drill the 5th toe hole for late model demo plates.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    You've probably figured it out by now, but the BSL measurement is usually written on the side of the boot's heel or under the instep, so you shouldn't need to measure it. Just match the number on the boot to the number in the template and you are golden. If in doubt, then just do a test mount on a piece of wood, a cardboard box or a piece of paper. The idea is to see if things line up, not test for retention - just mark a center line and a diagonal center mark, and see hot things line up.

If the number is not there / worn away / not readable, then this list might provide the number: https://www.evo.com/guides/ski-boot-...gth-size-chart
    Sorry, my post wasn't clear. On the paper template (http://galibierdesign.com/images/oth...Vipec_Thom.pdf), there is a "Boot Toe" line and a "Heel" line. There's no BSL numbers on this paper template, so I'm wondering if all I have to do is match up my boot's toe to the boot toe line and match my boot's heel to the heel line, and just tape it together there.

Also wondering if after template is cut out and taped for the right BSL, the mount point should line up with the center of the boot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by aguo5520 View Post
    Sorry, my post wasn't clear. On the paper template (http://galibierdesign.com/images/oth...Vipec_Thom.pdf), there is a "Boot Toe" line and a "Heel" line. There's no BSL numbers on this paper template, so I'm wondering if all I have to do is match up my boot's toe to the boot toe line and match my boot's heel to the heel line, and just tape it together there.

Also wondering if after template is cut out and taped for the right BSL, the mount point should line up with the center of the boot, right?
    just use the Vipec / Tecton template you find here.

It is accurate (enough), contrary to what Thom states on his template.

His quoted differences of 0.25mm up front and 0.5mm in the back are not going to make any discernable difference, correct or not- drill bit slippage will probably account for the same/more - and when I measure the rear spacing 60mm seems bang on.

I've used Knut's template multiple times in the past and will use it again over the next few days for several pairs of skis.

Just do a test mount if unsure.

I've not used Thom's template, so I've got no advice on how to use it - sorry. I totally forgot about his alternative template when I read your post too

edit: the linked to template worked fine tonight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62950289588__2E3EEF4D-9C1F-405B-89CC-67B2981AD8B7.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	730.5 KB 
ID:	352601
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 12-12-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    just use the Vipec / Tecton template you find here.

It is accurate (enough), contrary to what Thom states on his template.

His quoted differences of 0.25mm up front and 0.5mm in the back are not going to make any discernable difference, correct or not- drill bit slippage will probably account for the same/more - and when I measure the rear spacing 60mm seems bang on.

I've used Knut's template multiple times in the past and will use it again over the next few days for several pairs of skis.

Just do a test mount if unsure.

I've not used Thom's template, so I've got no advice on how to use it - sorry. I totally forgot about his alternative template when I read your post too

edit: the linked to template worked fine tonight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62950289588__2E3EEF4D-9C1F-405B-89CC-67B2981AD8B7.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	730.5 KB 
ID:	352601
    I printed that template out and it doesn't line up with the holes very well, so I was pretty skeptical. But, it's good to know that you used it with success. I'll probably do a test mount and make sure it works.

as long as you print it 1/1 things should be fine, though keeping track of the bsl is never wrong.

Sure, you could foucs on tightening pair for pair wrt the holes, but then again I never did and it has turned out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tomelgato View Post
    So the STH2 template V1.3 from powderguide is correct?

Im asking cause i have seen already 3 different versions of templates for the STH2. Front screws 40, 42 or 42.5mm spaced
    Yes, I just tested on my brand new STH2s and the heel pattern is too long. Anyone have an updated STH2 template? Surprised its this hard to find in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Yes, I just tested on my brand new STH2s and the heel pattern is too long. Anyone have an updated STH2 template? Surprised its this hard to find in 2020.
    I made my own STH2 template, modded from the knut version. Can’t remember why.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Rq...w?usp=drivesdk

Anyone know if there’s a template for kid’s Salomon Z 7’s? I’ve tried searching but couldn’t find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Marker MRR EPS3 Racing template question

I have a new (never out of box) Marker MRR EPS3 Racing binding that I love (my 3rd one). If I read correctly do I just use the Jester binding template or is there a separate/distinct template for the MRR? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by m4cecb View Post
    I have a new (never out of box) Marker MRR EPS3 Racing binding that I love (my 3rd one). If I read correctly do I just use the Jester binding template or is there a separate/distinct template for the MRR? Thanks in advance!
    Print out a Jester template, place your MRRs on top, look carefully, report results.

I was just handed down three pairs of marker junior 8 race bindings for my seven year old. He is currently set at din 2.5, and these bindings go from 2-8, which is quite higher than the .75-4.5 of his current kid bindings. I’m hoping to redrill some 118 Gotamas for him tonight as it should be a powder day tomorrow for him. These are junior bindings and his sole is 249mm. Can anyone steer me to a paper template for these bindings? Thanks

Never mind. After a couple of misalignments, I laid out some perfect holes for his boot size in some vinyl flooring. It’s super easy to clamp the homemade jig to a ski with a center line laid out on tape and punch the hole centers in. I’ve got a set of probably 20 center punches for various hole up to 3/8”. It’s been a very useful set of tools

Another Pivot question

Hi,
    First post. I have tried for the last 2 days to search for the correct answer but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have just purchased a 2020 set of Look Pivot 14 GW bindings for my wife and a 2021 set of Look Pivot 15 GW bindings for me. I haven't received the 15's yet so I can't measure or compare them. I will be mounting with inserts so I can swap bindings to different skis so I need to be extremely accurate.

Do these both use the same pattern? Has Look changed the pattern on newer Pivots? I have downloaded several Look "Pivot" templates and 2 were wrong and one seems to match the 14's. (I have double checked the scaling and measured the side rules to insure they are correct)

Can anyone point me to the most accurate templates or template for these?

I'm sorry if this has been posted previously. I have tried to search here and even TGR via Google but keep getting gateway timeouts.

Thanks!

P14 and P15 pattern are the same, and haven't changed in a long time. The labeling in the first post in this thread is a little funky but the FKS template (what the Rossignol branded Pivots were called, back when those were a thing) is the one you want. Ignore the holes labeled "Geze toe" and "Look toe" and use the four that are off the ski centerline. Do a practice mount in a 2x4 first to make sure you have it down.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    P14 and P15 pattern are the same, and haven't changed in a long time. The labeling in the first post in this thread is a little funky but the FKS template (what the Rossignol branded Pivots were called, back when those were a thing) is the one you want. Ignore the holes labeled "Geze toe" and "Look toe" and use the four that are off the ski centerline. Do a practice mount in a 2x4 first to make sure you have it down.
    Thanks! I will definitely do a practice run. That's the template that seemed correct. Thank you again for the help!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I'm mounting some pivot 15's and I can't for the life of me figure out which of the pivot templates discussed here I'm supposed to use. Anybody have a link to the pivot 15 template?

One too many beers. Someone answered this today. Damn the pivot world is above my paygrade

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I'm mounting some pivot 15's and I can't for the life of me figure out which of the pivot templates discussed here I'm supposed to use. Anybody have a link to the pivot 15 template?

One too many beers. Someone answered this today. Damn the pivot world is above my paygrade
    Look at Binding Freedom in the template section and in Alpine the Look Pivot/FKS is the file.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Sn...NqOGJNcHc/edit

Just measure to make sure, after all I'm the guy with only a few posts and I'm figuring out the same thing lol.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Marker F12 Tour EPF year 2020

Does anyone have a paper template for the new Marker F12 Tour EPF bindings? The version on Binding Freedom is for the older and narrower version of the F12. Manual states to "ensure to use the paper drilling jig 6.2-1. Can't find it anywhere.

John
    Last edited by jripa; 01-15-2021 at 05:22 PM. Reason: detail

Apologies if I missed this but a quick search of this thread didn't yield what I was looking for. I'm sure it has been discussed somewhere...

Is there a good template out there for the Dynafit TLT Speedfit? It seems to be a Radical 1.0 toe but the heel is a different pattern from all other Dynafits. I've seen heel measurements that show the hole as 28W x 38.5L and that doesn't seem to match any of the Dynafit templates I've seen

I found this one from wild snow but it's a bit janky. I'm used to mounting with templates that have a clearer boot center line and I really like jondrums' with the nicks to help center the template on the ski. Can make do with this if necessary but given the limited adjustment range of this binding I'd love a slightly more confidence inspiring template
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Marker Duke PT

I'll be mounting a pair of these this weekend and wonder if someone can advise about setting the forward pressure. Is it like any other Marker Royal family binding (screw flush with end of housing)?

Also, any confirmed paper templates out there?

Having trouble finding the Marker Squire template. Got this off Slidewright (Jester/Griffon/Squire.) Does it look right for the Soul ID newer Squire version?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yYY6Gg2a3Dd245
    Attached Files Attached Files

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Royal Family(Jester/Griffon/Squire)has not changed....u r good to go. If it’s Terry’s template...100% confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Royal Family(Jester/Griffon/Squire)has not changed....u r good to go. If it’s Terry’s template...100% confidence.
    Sweet, that's what I was hoping. Thanks.

hey - I have the binding freedom FKS/Pivot template.

Can anyone compare this to the actual jig?
    I know the jig/manual has some fuckery where you're supposed to choke it 5mm shorter than wherever you boot sits in the jig, which is weird.

So does the template equate to the positions with boot in jig? or the positions AFTER you shorten the jig per the shop manual?
    so fucking ambiguous. thanks

Any templates work with Marker Free Ten? Search bar didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums