Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1728
    Anyone have a template for the new Marker Duke PT?

Quote Originally Posted by telemon10 View Post
    Anyone have a template for the new Marker Duke PT?
    I can make you a pdf one if you PM me your sole length and email address.

Tyrolia SLR 7.5 base plate template?

Is there a paper template or detailed specifications for where to mount Tyrolia's Superlite Rail base plates? I have several pairs of SLR 7.5 bindings I need to mount on kids' skis.

Apologies if the information should be easy to find. I searched but only found info on the SX 7.5s that screw directly into the ski.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Yep. Zed is the same pattern as well.

Only difference is the Demo versions, which have a longer heel track and therefore longer spacing on the heel holes.
    FYI I recently printed out a G3 paper template, and found the heel boot line to boot center measurement to be off by 5 mm. If you just whack it together with your corresponding BSL lines matched up, you will actually drill for a BSL that’s short. The heel track adjustment will cover the difference, and the toe piece is in the correct position, but if you are compensating for other mounts, multiple boots, your own OCD tendencies, etc it’s a good thing to be aware of.

Does anybody know the spacing for the 5th screw in the Salomon MTN heel with the brake? It's one of those blind screws with the donut, and I just need to figure out how far ahead of the normal four hole pattern it goes. Doesn't seem like there's a Salomon/Atomic/Armada MTN paper jig with the brake floating around?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Yup, just to confirm, used the template from earlier in this thread, with the 5th heel screw 57 mm ahead of the front heel screws as per Wildsnow, and mounted up perfectly. So party on!

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    I am starting to think about making 3d printable jigs that a user would insert brass fittings to use in guiding drill bits. Has anyone seen anything like this? I want it to be free and available for anyone who needs it. Maybe link to some print to order sites for those that dont have access to a 3d printer or one with the necessary foot print. The idea is a two piece print with the ability to use toothed overlaps to get your BSL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marker Kingpin 305mm BSL.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	348109

Came up with this earlier this morning, and there's a thread here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...49#post6132749

However, when I was looking at the Kingpin layout in CAD, I noticed that when I lined up my BSL gauge to the actual boot center they were off by about 7.5mm. I was wondering; when I place the paper template on the ski, do I make a mark for the relative position to my boot center, or is where the two halves of the template meet supposed to be the center?

edit - Adding the screen shot from my CAD program.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingpin Overview.png 
Views:	3308 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	348111
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

I always assume templates are a bit off. Here is how I use them anyway:

1) Tape front half of template to ski at the line for my BSL.
    2) Put boot on template and make sure it's in the right place.
    3) It it isn't, draw a line where boot toe is.
    4) Measure distance from drawn boot toe line to where it should be on the template. It's nice when this, or pin location on a tech binding, is marked. If it isn't... figured it out within a mm or two.
    5) Move template forward or back that distance and re-tape (at this point, but not before, carefully centering the template matters).
    6) Do something similar with the heel. This can be trickier, but heels are adjustable, so I make sure its close to where I want it and it's the same on both skis. Symmetry matters. You won't notice a few mm difference when you ski, but you can see that difference when you look at your skis and it will drive you nuts.
    7) Ski.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I always assume templates are a bit off. Here is how I use them anyway:

Awesome, exactly what I assumed as well, but now I know. Thanks!
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I’d like to get this template, but I wanted to get your thoughts on something first (regarding BSL). I have two boots I’d like to have the option of using. The two BSL are 325 and 333. Jester heel piece should have (I think) a 20mm adjustment range. Could I make that work?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Jester has 28mm of adjustment range (+-14mm). So no problem for 325 to 333.

I don't know for Duke PT.

Quote Originally Posted by spaztwelve View Post
    I’d like to get this template, but I wanted to get your thoughts on something first (regarding BSL). I have two boots I’d like to have the option of using. The two BSL are 325 and 333. Jester heel piece should have (I think) a 20mm adjustment range. Could I make that work?
    If you're mounting a PT then that has 60mm of adjustment and the jig puts the heel in the middle of the range so that'd easiliy work - you'd just need to decide on the toe location - either position it for the 333mm boot or for the 325mm or split the difference.

If you're mounting a PT then that has 60mm of adjustment and the jig puts the heel in the middle of the range so that'd easiliy work - you'd just need to decide on the toe location - either position it for the 333mm boot or for the 325mm or split the difference.
    Wow...so it's a bit different than 'just a Jester heel'? I don't have it in possession, so I couldn't tell (just preparing). Maybe mount at 330 BSL then? I'm not worried too much about the millimeter(s) difference of boot position in relation to boot center. So, how would one go about getting this template?

If you happen to be making a duke PT template, can you make one for a 306 sole too? I don't think I have access to the private messages because my account is too new

can anyone tell me if the Dynafit Rotation 7 shares a hole pattern with any of the older bindings?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I just mounted a pair for my daughter a few weeks ago. The toe is the same as the Radical 2.0, but the heel is not. I just used the heel plate to mark the holes, but I think the heel is the same as the first gen Radical.

thanks
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Anyone have a template link or file for Salomon Z12 "speed" demo binding such as these?

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-sk...omon-z12-speed

The common one linked to Slidewright's page isn't lining up, and yes it's scaled correctly.

Thought I'd give it a shot before starting to scratch it out by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    To answer my self: this Alpinist template works just fine.
    Thanks for confirming, just picked up a pair of Alpinists. Excited to give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Thom

is this still good? is it the same for the Tecton?
    Printed it and lines up perfectly with my tectons.

I have a question that may be dumb, but to use this template, should I measure my BSL length from the Boot Toe line to the Heel line?

Hi guys. Looking for the tyrolia template to mount my boys SX 4.5 AC. box says it’s the 94W jig. Toe and heel are square hole pattern. Having no luck with my search. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quick Q: current Griffon pattern:

This or that?

They could possibly be the same......

Quote Originally Posted by aguo5520 View Post
    I have a question that may be dumb, but to use this template, should I measure my BSL length from the Boot Toe line to the Heel line?
    You've probably figured it out by now, but the BSL measurement is usually written on the side of the boot's heel or under the instep, so you shouldn't need to measure it. Just match the number on the boot to the number in the template and you are golden. If in doubt, then just do a test mount on a piece of wood, a cardboard box or a piece of paper. The idea is to see if things line up, not test for retention - just mark a center line and a diagonal center mark, and see hot things line up.

If the number is not there / worn away / not readable, then this list might provide the number: https://www.evo.com/guides/ski-boot-...gth-size-chart

marker Griffon template anyone? TIA