Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1728
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    It's basically a Kingpin as it uses the same toe holes and two of the four heel holes with another two needed. Not in my shop at the mo so and can't recall if the tow heel holes it uses are the forward or rear ones.

If you PM me your bsl and your email address I'll make you a template and scan/email it to you.
    BSL is 305. I took kingpins off to put these on and neither of the two rear hole sets were even close. PM sent.

Haven't checked this full thread but has anyone got a template for the Salomon MTN tech binding?
    Woohoo. Cheers, Terry
    I’ve been looking for the MTN for a while. Finally broke down and took the skis to a shop but if you get a chance to verify that so I don’t have to pull my bindings that would be rad. I’d like to get inserts in a few more skis for this binding.

Sorry jackattack but I'm not actually mounting a pair of MTN's - just needed it prior to mounting a pair of Shifts as my customer is thinking of dual mounting with inserts for MTN's at a later date and I don't have any MTN's in stock to play with.

Does anyone know if the new Marker 13 ID binding has the same hole pattern as the old non-ID version (which I believe is the same as Jester)? I'm planning to replace the old version with the ID version to accommodate my touring boots, which BTW, are 5mm shorter and I hope that's within the range of adjustment?
    Emailed Marker with these questions and they never got back to me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I’ve been looking for the MTN for a while. Finally broke down and took the skis to a shop but if you get a chance to verify that so I don’t have to pull my bindings that would be rad. I’d like to get inserts in a few more skis for this binding.
    I just picked up a set of MTNs. I'll verify it for you. Will follow up today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Short answer: It'll get you there.

FWIW, the heel adjustment range is +-15mm; it's listed as unknown on the template. It looked to me like the heel screws should be 1.5mm further back, with respect to the heel line, so I made a knockoff version of Knut's template for myself.

I also subtracted 0.5 mm between the fore and aft heel screws, and added 0.5mm between the fore and aft toe screws. I don't think this was a necessary fix, as any slop will be rectified when screws are tightened down, but I am embarrassingly OCD about these dimensions, to the extent that I will probably start adding and subtracting 100 micrometer increments till it eyeballs to my liking... and then I'll fuck up while hand drilling anyway.

As knut noted, the dimension from the pins to the toe line is different depending on the boot. For my boot (MTN lab) it was ~13mm, so if you seek BCL perfection you should do test mounts and make your own adjustments, accordingly.

very detailed. thanks. When the time comes I'll use that template.

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Anyone have a marker Baron non epf template? Quickly glanced the thread and didn’t see one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Anyone have a marker Baron non epf template? Quickly glanced the thread and didn’t see one.
    I did this in 2013 so do not recall background. I think 1st Gen:

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Thanks. I’ll print and confirm when I can.

If anybody is looking to mount a Salomon Z10 you can use the Salomon template in Post 1 but don’t drill the 2 holes closest to the single hole on the toe. You also don’t drill the single hole on the centerline for the heel. I used a template that stevied made to confirm

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingpin & Alpinist dual mount - reduced.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	773.3 KB 
ID:	263418
    A note on this, it's not quite that simple.

The toe for the kingpin and the alpinist have the pin line in a different place, fuck knows why.

The shop jig has different boot center marks on it for each binding.

Note. I have only used a jigarex with kingpin plate so your mileage may vary. Please check twice!!!!

I've been fucking around on some plywood and here is what I find.

If you use the kingpin plate you end up at about +8mm from the line due to the different pin line of the toe.

This puts you at the very very edge of the adjustment for the rear with you having to wind it all the way in, it might even be one click into the spring travel for the length compensation.

The solution is to mount the toe, if you are using a template (i'm guessing) or jigarex, at a -8mm line, and the heel using the regular line. (I'm lucky my wife's touring boot is 17mm bsl shorter so with the jigarex I just use her boot for the toe and my boot for the heel without having to move the jig).

Then when you put your boot in you will be centered right on the line and the heel piece will be about 8mm or so back from its fully forwards position, which is right in the middle of its 15mm travel.

Hope this helps!!!

Oh quick addition. Only drill the 2 rearmost heel holes using the jigarex. The front 2 you will have to measure and mark.
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 01-26-2019 at 06:41 AM.

This was posted in another thread, but I’m putting it here because this is where I come for the info. It might be already posted here, but just to be sure...

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I assume you mean the Powderguide templates? He was having problems with the website and put all of the documents out on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yYY6Gg2a3Dd245

I have problems accessing it on Firefox, but it works on Chrome. On Firefox, I keep getting a "you are not signed in" message, even when signed in.

... Thom

I see that the DEMO version of the Marker has changed; what about the standard version? Still the same template (Griffon)? Thanks

Salomon MTN binding mount pattern measurements.

Here are the measured values for a pair of Salomon MTN bindings that I received two days ago. Measured proximal edges of mounting holes, then distal edges of mounting holes.

Toe:
    Along ski axis, proximal hole edges: 32.24, 32.41, 32.31, 32.29. Average = 32.29mm
    Along ski axis, distal hole edges: 43.88, 43.84, 43.90, 44.01. Average = 43.9mm
    Across ski axis, proximal hole edges: 34.23, 34.28, 34.18, 34.25. Average = 34.24mm
    Across ski axis, distal hole edges: 45.93, 45.96, 45.90, 45.93. Average = 45.93mm

Therefore:
    Hole pattern is rectangular.
    Hole diameter is 5.83mm
    Hole center distance along ski axis is 38.10mm
    Hole center distance across ski axis is 40.08mm
    Blueprint values are probably 38mm x 40mm

Heel:
    Along ski axis, proximal hole edges: 52.20, 52.15, 52.15, 52.15. Average = 52.16mm
    Along ski axis, distal hole edges: 63.61, 63.62, 63.67, 63.67. Average = 63.64mm
    Across ski axis, proximal hole edges: 21.22, 21.24, 21.25, 21.24. Average = 21.24mm
    Across ski axis, distal hole edges: 32.76, 32.77, 32.77, 32.75. Average = 32.76mm

Therefore:
    Hole pattern is rectangular.
    Hole diameter is 5.75mm
    Hole center distance along ski axis is 57.90mm
    Hole center distance across ski axis is 27.00mm
    Blueprint values are probably 58mm x 27mm

Those for Atomic Backland bindings should be similar.

Re: Salomon MTN binding heel adjustment range

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    FWIW, the heel adjustment range is +-15mm
    There are marks that denote 30mm of adjustment range, but I found this through playing with the bindings:

With brakes on the heel, there is ~33mm (or just shy) of adjustment range from being bottomed-out to the adjustment bolt (i.e. adjusted rearmost) to lightly touching the plastic brake base (i.e. adjusted foremost). With the heel adjusted foremost, the brake lock-down lever will still work by passing right between the retention pins, but it's pretty close. I have no idea if this will change with wear.

With the brake-less base on the heel, there are a couple of protruding plastic tabs (that retain the base to the binding heel in a retail setting) that reduce the adjustment range by ~2mm (so ~31mm). That said, these tabs seem non-essential for the functionality of the installed binding, so I think they can be shaved to regain the lost ~2mm of adjustment range if needed.

Does anyone have Tyrolia SP120 DEMO binding paper template?

Waiting...
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ce3b View Post
    Waiting...
    Thanks a lot!
    I have no idea if the Tyrolia SP120 Demo is the same as the Head PRD12. If so, there you go.

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Em...Tyrolia SP120 Demo is different from HeadPRD 12

First of all, thank you so much, Alpinord!

They are different. I compared the Tyrolia SP120 with some paper templates. The HEEL of Tyrolia SP120 Demo is the same as Tyrolia Attack 13 Demo (the positions of the screws), but the TOE of it does not match (the distances between the four screws 口 25mm, 75mm, 27mm, 75mm)

In fact I just do not know whether the distance between the center line and the first two screws on the heel of Tyrolia Attack 13 Demo is the same as that of the SP120. If they are the same, I can figure out all the dimensions on heel.

The official website says that the template jig SP2003W can be used. If I can find the paper template of SP2003W jig, it should also work.

Many thanks!

Mounting up some RTMs for the grom, but I can’t find a proper template for a Marker 4.5 EPS binding. The toe matches the Schizo, but the heels are totally different. Any suggestions where I can find one?

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
    Mounting up some RTMs for the grom, but I can’t find a proper template for a Marker 4.5 EPS binding. The toe matches the Schizo, but the heels are totally different. Any suggestions where I can find one?

I think the Marker M series template might work

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mWa...w?usp=drivesdk

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I think the Marker M series template might work

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mWa...w?usp=drivesdk
    Thanks. I did end up using that one, and was able to make it work after playing with the print scaling a little bit.

I'm having a hell of a time finding a decent vipec/tecton template. Can't get the one on slidewright to print correctly.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I'm having a hell of a time finding a decent vipec/tecton template. Can't get the one on slidewright to print correctly.
    From the Powder Guide template library?

I downloaded the Vipec template, hit print, page set up, letter size, 'actual scale', print and it's spot on. What scale choices do you have with your printer driver?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com