Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1394
  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444

    Binding Mount Paper Templates

    I used the image meter-man posted, traced the awesome design elements of Knut, to create a vector PDF version of the Shift MNC template, for multiple boot sole lengths.

    Salomon/Atomic SHIFT MNC 13 Binding Template

    Prints to scale if you set it up to print at 100% and your printer can do that.


    Edit: Previous to 11/2/2018, the template was unverified, and the dimensions were wrong.

    Verified at 295mm and 334mm BSL. To my eye, it's dead nuts on, but of course, you ought to do a test mount first, for peace of mind.

    Edit: Small edits on 11/6/2018 to make to center line and BSL 2.5mm more accurate.

    Edit:
    The location of the toe button in relation to the center set of toe screws on the factory jig is 1.5mm back (64.5mm) from my empirically derived spec (66mm). I made the template match the jig. My bindings are mounted to the empirical spec.
    Last edited by lucknau; 04-02-2019 at 01:45 AM.

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    It's better than I remembered - the front two hole pairs (closest to the ski tip) are the ones that are close (but fine, IMHO). Given a choice, I'd rather have the rear holes of the toe piece a comfortable distance from each other (upward force from back seat landings).

    I did this overlay from my mounting templates which I proved to work, but as always, I'd appreciate your verifying this before drilling in your skis ;-)



    ... Thom
    Very helpful. Am I reading this right, 1.3mm is the narrowest clearance?

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,877
    I have my CAD tool set to inches.

    That .137" dimension is a touch more than 3mm (3mm = .118").

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    1,992
    That makes more sense, thanks.

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444

    Binding Mount Paper Templates

    2016-2017 and later Marker Griffon/Squire DEMO have a different mount pattern than previous models.

    Couldn't find a template here that matches. Does anyone have a 2017 jig they can take a good photo of? I'm making a template but don't have a point of reference for the boot center.
    Last edited by lucknau; 09-26-2018 at 04:46 AM.

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N@
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    2016-2017 and later Marker Griffon/Squire have a different mount pattern than previous models.
    What has changed? As I understand it, the 2017 and later models have a different AFD to fit touring boots as well, but did not know the mounting pattern changed with it. Have not had a newer pair of Markers to mount to confirm, but the jig numbers haven't changed from pre- and post- 2017 model year:

    2013/2014:

    3.1 INSTALLATION TOOLS FOR MARKER BINDINGS:

    W001G1T (61 - 117 mm) W012J1T (95 - 150 mm)

    Jester 18 Pro, Jester 16, Griffon 13, Squire 11, Jester & Griffon &
    Squire Schizo, Jester & Griffon & Squire Demo, Lord SP, Comp 20.0
    EPS, Comp 16.0 EPS, Race Xcell 16.0, Race Xcell 12.0, 10.0 Free,
    Comp 10.0.

    2016/2017:

    W001G1T (61 - 117mm) W012J1T (95 - 150 mm)

    Jester 18 Pro, Jester 16 ID, Griffon 13 ID, Squire 11, Schizo 14, Schizo 11,
    Jester Demo, Lord SP, Race Xcell 18.0, Race Xcell 16.0, Race Xcell 12.0,
    Race 10 TCX, Race 10, Race Junior 8, M 11.0 TC EPS, 10.0 EPS

    2017/2018:

    W001G1T (61 - 117 mm) W012J1T (95 - 150 mm)

    Jester 18 Pro, Jester 16 ID, Griffon 13 ID, Griffon 13, Squire 11 ID,
    Jester Demo, Race Xcell 24.0, 18.0, 16.0, Race Xcell 12.0, 12.0 TPX,
    11.0 TP, 10.0 TP, 10.0, Free Ten, Free 8, Freeski TP, Race 10 TCX, Race
    10, Race Junior 8

    If the pattern is in fact different, it looks like Marker is using the same jig and hasn't noted between old and new versions.

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N@
    Posts
    350
    Here's a stock photo of the Jester jig from 2018. Doesn't show a second set of holes on toe or heel to differentiate between old and new patterns:

    Name:  Jester Jig 2018.jpg
Views: 2582
Size:  35.3 KB

    I'd be surprised that if the pattern did change, they would still list the same jig number from before and after the change. But could certainly be wrong and don't have bindings in hand to check for myself.

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    What has changed? As I understand it, the 2017 and later models have a different AFD to fit touring boots as well, but did not know the mounting pattern changed with it. Have not had a newer pair of Markers to mount to confirm, but the jig numbers haven't changed from pre- and post- 2017 model year:

    2013/2014:

    3.1 INSTALLATION TOOLS FOR MARKER BINDINGS:

    W001G1T (61 - 117 mm) W012J1T (95 - 150 mm)

    Jester 18 Pro, Jester 16, Griffon 13, Squire 11, Jester & Griffon &
    Squire Schizo, Jester & Griffon & Squire Demo, Lord SP, Comp 20.0
    EPS, Comp 16.0 EPS, Race Xcell 16.0, Race Xcell 12.0, 10.0 Free,
    Comp 10.0.

    2016/2017:

    W001G1T (61 - 117mm) W012J1T (95 - 150 mm)

    Jester 18 Pro, Jester 16 ID, Griffon 13 ID, Squire 11, Schizo 14, Schizo 11,
    Jester Demo, Lord SP, Race Xcell 18.0, Race Xcell 16.0, Race Xcell 12.0,
    Race 10 TCX, Race 10, Race Junior 8, M 11.0 TC EPS, 10.0 EPS

    2017/2018:

    W001G1T (61 - 117 mm) W012J1T (95 - 150 mm)

    Jester 18 Pro, Jester 16 ID, Griffon 13 ID, Griffon 13, Squire 11 ID,
    Jester Demo, Race Xcell 24.0, 18.0, 16.0, Race Xcell 12.0, 12.0 TPX,
    11.0 TP, 10.0 TP, 10.0, Free Ten, Free 8, Freeski TP, Race 10 TCX, Race
    10, Race Junior 8

    If the pattern is in fact different, it looks like Marker is using the same jig and hasn't noted between old and new versions.

    Demo pattern has changed. Sorry, forgot the most important detail. Gonna edit original post.

    The front binding for the demo has four holes, spacing 36x75mm. Rear has 4 holes spaced 36x80mm

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444
    Anyway, in the notes you posted above, griffon/Squire demo is missing. Jester is unchanged. Demo uses W009P1T or W004Q1T

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N@
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Demo pattern has changed. Sorry, forgot the most important detail. Gonna edit original post.

    The front binding for the demo has four holes, spacing 36x75mm. Rear has 4 holes spaced 36x80mm
    Ahh gotcha, that makes sense. Yes the new Jester demo jig has a different part number.

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444

    Binding Mount Paper Templates

    Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    Ahh gotcha, that makes sense. Yes the new Jester demo jig has a different part number.
    Made a template for post 2017 Griffon/Squire Demo:

    Marker Griffon and Squire Demo c.2017 template

    Tested on several boot sizes ranging from 260mm to 337mm. Boot center for all tests landed with an accuracy of 2mm on either side of the reference mark.
    Last edited by lucknau; 09-27-2018 at 11:34 PM.

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444
    Re: 2017+ Marker Griffon/Squire demo template

    Was able to overlay the image of the jig in the tech manual onto my template mockup, stretch it to fit the hole spacing fore and aft, and thus identify and mark the boot center. Tested last night. Modified my post just above, to state that the template has been verified, and am posting this as a bump, in case anyone other than me needed this template right now.

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotlandshire
    Posts
    216
    So I've been a jong and had a search but found not a lot, even Markers tech manual didn't really say. I picked up some second had skis with 2014 ish Squire Demo's on them. They are from a rental shop, does anyone have any idea what BSL they drill the demos at?
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N@
    Posts
    350
    I think 305, but you could print the paper template from the first page of this thread and place it over your existing holes to compare with the center line and see what BSL they were mounted at

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotlandshire
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    I think 305, but you could print the paper template from the first page of this thread and place it over your existing holes to compare with the center line and see what BSL they were mounted at
    That would be sensible, and easy but my skis are in the attic at my folks.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    I think 305, but you could print the paper template from the first page of this thread and place it over your existing holes to compare with the center line and see what BSL they were mounted at
    Pretty sure it's 315mm

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444

    Binding Mount Paper Templates

    Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    So I've been a jong and had a search but found not a lot, even Markers tech manual didn't really say. I picked up some second had skis with 2014 ish Squire Demo's on them. They are from a rental shop, does anyone have any idea what BSL they drill the demos at?
    It's 315mm. I just mounted some griffins last week at 315 and the footprint is the same. I think the template says as much. The old one, anyway (9 holes), because it works for both the demo and regular bindings. For the new (8 hole) demos, I just made a template (posted a few posts above) and there's just a single line for that one.

    Edit: here's a screenshot of the notes from the 9-hole demo:

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotlandshire
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    It's 315mm. I just mounted some griffins last week at 315 and the footprint is the same. I think the template says as much. The old one, anyway (9 holes), because it works for both the demo and regular bindings. For the new (8 hole) demos, I just made a template (posted a few posts above) and there's just a single line for that one.

    Edit: here's a screenshot of the notes from the 9-hole demo:
    Perfect thanks, makes life a lot easier as my BSL is 315 and I have some spare non demo markers.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    Perfect thanks, makes life a lot easier as my BSL is 315 and I have some spare non demo markers.
    Before remounting, consider "wasting" 1 ski day on the current demo bindings to test various mount positions, just to learn where your favorite position is on that ski model. After that, you'll know in advance how satisfied you'll be if you remount by re-using the current holes.

    Your 315 BSL boot is precisely perfect for the Marker demo bindings, because your boot can use every last mm of adjustment of both the demo toe and demo heel, for max range fore/aft (assuming that those demo bindings were drilled standard).

    .
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

    "My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

    "I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotlandshire
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Before remounting, consider "wasting" 1 ski day on the current demo bindings to test various mount positions, just to learn where your favorite position is on that ski model. After that, you'll know in advance how satisfied you'll be if you remount by re-using the current holes.

    Your 315 BSL boot is precisely perfect for the Marker demo bindings, because your boot can use every last mm of adjustment of both the demo toe and demo heel, for max range fore/aft (assuming that those demo bindings were drilled standard).

    .
    I'm on the hunt for some Jester demo's to swap onto them. I will put the squires on my partners new skis as she is litterly half the person that I am.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2

    Looking for template for Tyrolia Attack2 11 bindings

    Can anyone help me out and point me to a good template for tyrolia attack2 11 bindings? I need to mount a pair for my daughter, but haven't been able to find any template that is specific for those. Hoping not to have to modify one of the tyrolia templates that I have found so far. Thanks.
    Mike

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,661
    Quote Originally Posted by mbf1968 View Post
    Can anyone help me out and point me to a good template for tyrolia attack2 11 bindings? I need to mount a pair for my daughter, but haven't been able to find any template that is specific for those. Hoping not to have to modify one of the tyrolia templates that I have found so far. Thanks.
    Mike
    It's not a specific template. Its the same template that Tyrolia has used for twenty years. Grab that, test mount on 2x4, done.

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N@
    Posts
    350
    doebedoe is correct, it's the same pattern as the first gen Attacks, Peak/Mojo, etc. Just use the tyrolia template in this thread. Make especially sure that you do a test mount with the Tyrolia template, because your boot center will likely be off from where the mount is intended to be. See my post about that on page 44, #1095.

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    444
    I will third that emotion. Same template.

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    doebedoe is correct, it's the same pattern as the first gen Attacks, Peak/Mojo, etc. Just use the tyrolia template in this thread. Make especially sure that you do a test mount with the Tyrolia template, because your boot center will likely be off from where the mount is intended to be. See my post about that on page 44, #1095.
    Thanks. will test mount this weekend. was starting to think I may need to make a template, but concerned it would be off a bit in the end. Appreciate the responses.
    Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •