Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1728
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Fritchi Daimir Vipec Template for Regular and Demo Heel. (Unverified)

Sweet, thanks guys.

Measured with a digital caliper off of a Fritchi Daimir jig. Hole spacing measurements confirmed with Knut's template. Then pasted front and rear hole pattern on Jondrums' template and set spacing to boot center. Measured for different size BSLs and confirmed with the template. As always, do a test mount on a 2x4 first before drilling your skis.
    Just used this template to mount some Tectons. Worked great, thanks!

look spx 12 demo pattern

Anyone have a Look spx 12 demo pattern available or able to point me to one?
    Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by m4fd70 View Post
    Anyone have a Look spx 12 demo pattern available or able to point me to one?
    Thx.
    m4fd70
    maggots don’t know you, JONG

get a proper handle

your friend,
    m series jong
    PM me your favorite stashes, I'll send you a pic of skidog's tits

Maybe I sound like a jong, but can't find Beast 14 template on a web, some links I found don't work.
    Thanks

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Maybe I sound like a jong, but can't find Beast 14 template on a web, some links I found don't work.
    Thanks

Andrew
    The Powder Guides links are up and running again, including the Beast 14.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Can't open through the phone, will try on computer later.
    Thank you

Andrew

Bump for anyone with sollyfit template?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Found on binding freedom site
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I cant find anything for Rottefella Freedom NTN

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I cant find anything for Rottefella Freedom NTN
    https://www.scarpa.com/DownloadPdf?d...NTNFreeridejig

Thanks Bob
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That's for both Freerides and Freedoms - be sure you use the right holes*.

*Heh

Ever tried a demo mount with the front and rear spread further apart (than the standard template) to allow more front and rear shift? I have a 315 BSL with Look PX12 Demo2, so I could only go 2cm forward from original boot center mount location when I test fit on a TrustyPine 2x4. FWIW, Using Axial2 Demo Template from gregorys.

The primary reason for using the demo bindings was to experiment with location.

If you know of any threads, I’d appreciate a link.

Looking to Make a Paper Template for Junior bindings

So I've noticed a few people looking for mounting templates for jr bindings and was myself in that camp last year. With lots of little groms in the house I decided to pick up a used mounting jig for the look/rossi/roxi jr binding family. I now have that jig and am wondering if anyone w/ more experience could guide me through making a template for distribution. I know to measure between the holes but wondering what the easiest and/or best (hoping those aren't too far apart) path forward is for making a good paper template. To be clear, I'm coming into this admitting I need help but it seems like this would be pretty helpful and straightforward. Lets be honest, if paying for shop mounts for adult skis sucks how much more for junior bindings, right? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

^^ the Look/Rossi Axium junior bindings i've mounted use the px/nx/axial 2 pattern which is out there on paper templates and jigarex plates already.
    I'm not aware of any other look/ rossi junior patterns but there certainly could be. I certainly have no knowledge of very low din or demo models.

Also at least the Salomon L series junior bindings use the Z series pattern so that's also easy to find.

The junior bindings I've always had to measure and create my own template for are the Marker M series.
    I recently read they share toe pattern with Jesters but haven't verified that personally and I think the heel is still different than anything else.

@GeorgiaSnow

I'm more than glad to crank binding templates for you, using supplied measurements. They may not happen super-duper quickly, but I'm more than willing to assist. [Yeah, I know Illustrator is not solid-edge - and it's a semi-hokey way to do them...but seeing what SE puts out, I'm not sure it's tremendously worse either. Solid edge is probably a lot easier for easily measuring the pieces and re-sizing. Illustrator is likely a lot better for nice output and layout issues.]

Alternatively, if you have Illustrator, I can send you my illustrator file and you can adjust the templates and publish yourself.

But, since I've done a few, it will probably be easier for me to do them. I'd guess, with supplied measurements, it's 10-15m to crank out one. It might make the most sense, if you *want* to tweak the illustrator file a bit, to have me crank out the initial, and then have you or someone who has the binding do a test mount. I sometimes/often find I'm a millimeter or so off here or there and so that test-mount and final tweak is a good step to do.

HTH
    -Greg

Greg, since I only partially understood most of your comments about this "Illustrator" of which you speak, I'm thinking trying to make accurate measurements and pass them along to you is the way to go. And since we're just doing this to try to help people out in the future I'm sure its not problem for you to do them as you have time to get to it. Pictures and measurements coming.

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Will these get it done? These measurements are at the tightest setting, for a 190mm boot sole length. The 134mm length turns to 150mm for 210 which is the setting for rental bindings 203-255.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Greg, since I only partially understood most of your comments about this "Illustrator" of which you speak, I'm thinking trying to make accurate measurements and pass them along to you is the way to go. And since we're just doing this to try to help people out in the future I'm sure its not problem for you to do them as you have time to get to it. Pictures and measurements coming.
    @GeorgiaSnow,

“Illustrator” is Adobe Illustrator, the computer graphics program that @Gregorys is using to draw.

To acurately draw a template, the measurements are needed on an X-Y coordinates basis. Let’s call the length of the ski X axis and the width of the ski Y axis.

Your Y axis numbers (25mm and 40mm) are good as measured.

You’ll need to re-measure most of the X axis numbers in relation to the yellow line on this pic. The black arrow points to the fixed boot center location on the jig. {The boot center can be intentionally shifted in relation to the center of ski when mounting a binding, but that’s a diff convo altogether.} In order to work up a universal jig, you need only measure the toe hole(s) X axis distances from the front boot stop (wide end of black triangle on jig - green arrrow on top in pic). Similarly, measure the heel hole(s) X axis distances from the rear boot stop (wide end of black triangle on jig - green arrrow on bottom in pic).

for any given BSL, you can set up a template with 1/2 the BSL measured from the black arrow (boot center) to the green arrows (front and rear of boot).

To make accurate templates, you’ll also need to report which color holes are used and for what setups as well as the corresponding BSL’s for any demo/plate setups (those are the A, B and C measures in mm).

Attachment 217598

Some observations:
    1) Are you sure the toe-piece for that binding has *seven* screws? I'd guess the red marks are for one binding and the black marks are for another different binding

2) Please also measure the distance to the "Boot/ski center mark on the jig. [We need that so the paper template can be marked for the ski center.]

---
    Here's the way I'd do it. [A pair of electronic/analog calipers can be really handy too, if you only have a binding.]

Put the jig on the piece of card-board [or paper] and tape it down, so it can't move relative to the paper/cardboard.
    Draw circles in each of the screw mount holes - trace the whole "circle" of the screw hole in the jig. [For all the applicable heel & toe screws]

Also mark the boot/ski center [as noted] from the jig

Now draw a line that just touches/tangent the front/rear of the hole (centers can work too, but it's harder to eyeball the *exact* center) - across the ski. [Horizontal in your pic.]

Do that for each of the sets of holes. [I'm guessing four screws in toe and heel, so two horizontal lines for the toe and the same for the heel.]

Now measure the distance between those lines - ideally down the where center-line would be on the ski [in mm]. (You don't have to measure down the centerline - as long as you go perpendicular to the horizontal lines, and not a crooked vertical line.)

Be as accurate as possible. A good metal ruler in mm is probably fine.

That will give the "vertical" spacing between each of the sets of holes in the toe & heel, as well as spacing between the toe and heel-pieces for the selected BSL.

It looks like you've already measured the width of the screw patterns. [I'm assuming from the centers (or alternately from the same side - left or right)] - so those should probably be good.

---
    Once I'm done with the template, you'd print it [making sure the scaling it correct] and just lay the jig over the top of the paper template. You should see the marked screw holes for the paper template line up with the jig, for the selected BSL on the jig which matches the BSL cut/matched from the paper template.

Generally, if you can scan a binding or jig, it can facilitate measuring for making templates. Also, in this case, additive rounding errors will occur if you don't tighten the tolerances. Try drawing a center line down the middle and horizontal lines across the holes and measure between these lines too. Where's the BSC line?

To double check, what are the dimensions between each of the 25mm holes and each of the 40mm holes?

Something like this?

Here's the PDF.

Last edited by Alpinord; 11-30-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

^^^ Yeah - like that.

Though drawing a line through the centers of the holes is often hard to do precisely - I'm always off a bit, so I'm never exactly in the center. And, each one is off a bit differently, so the additive error can be significant.

As a remedy I draw the lines across the "top" side - so the line just touches the edge of the hole/circle [it's tangent]. But that's just icing on the cake.

Like the red lines in this illustration, vs the blue (across the center).
    Name:  350px-Outer_tangent_1.PNG
Views: 1959
Size:  8.5 KB

It might be better to measure edge to edge vs trying to interpolate to center points. Edge to edge should be the same as center to center, assuming the holes are the exact same diameter.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Tyrolia/Fischer/Head Ambition template
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktab View Post
    (Tyrolia/Fischer/Head Ambition template) Anyone got one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I might have one that comes with the binding (clear plastic).

Does anyone want to turn it into a PDF for paper template? I can ship it.
    Just checking, but it seems no one has stepped up with one? CJ, do you still have that plastic one?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Tyrolia/Fischer/Head Ambition template

Just checking, but it seems no one has stepped up with one? CJ, do you still have that plastic one?
    Nice timing. I just threw it out while cleaning the gear boxes like a week ago. Sorry. You might be able to get one from tyrolia or a tyrolia retailer.