Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1727
    Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    Just a heads up on the Tyrolia template, and this was first mentioned a few years ago in post #788, but the template seems to put you in front of the line, at least for smaller boots. Mounted a pair of Padlock 11s for the wife a year or two ago for a 285 bsl, mondo 24.5, and it ended up being about 5mm ahead of the line and the heels were all the way to the front of the track with correct forward pressure. Was really pissed I didn't do a test mount on those but figured maybe I accidentally mounted for a 295 bsl since that's my boot size, especially since the mount was right on the line and in the middle of the track if adjusted for my boot.

Fast forward to today when I did some test mounts for an Attack 16 using my 295 bsl. Same thing, put me way forward of the line, about 1 cm. To properly adjust for my 295 bsl to be on the line and the heels in the middle of the track, I needed to put the toes for a 282.5 bsl and the heels for a 307.5 bsl.

Just be sure to test mount before using this template and confirm it's putting you where you want to be relative to the line.
    I believe the adrenalin_paper_template_R1 may be off as well. I did a test mount and found the center mark on the boot to be approximately 10mm off compared to the ski center line. FYI - Tyrolia Adrenialin 13 (large) mounted with Lange Freetour XT LV size 29.5 on Blizzard Zero G 108 185cm. When I did the same mount using the plastic template included with the Adrenalin bindings, all centerlines matched up.

Can anyone confirm similar results?

In any case, I definitely recommend doing a test mount before using this template (adrenalin_paper_template_R1) and confirm it's putting you where you want to be relative to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    STH2 Template Measurements - Compare my picture of the binding lined up with my template compared to the one further up with Powderguide's. Can judge for yourself. Unfortunately my templates are all in Solidworks, at some point if I get around to making some on some free drafting software I'll post them up.
    What export options do you have for Solidworks?
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I finally figured out my export to pdf issues in Solidworks, made a new template with adjustable bsl and everything.

Few things to note. First, the official adjustment range of STH2 is 28-29mm. On the template I indicate this. However, there is a good extra 3mm of adjustment smaller available while still having 2-3 of the worm screw threads engaged. Do so at your own risk. I think it'd be fine, I know Marker only uses 2-3 threads on their worm screws.

As far as instructions, cut the toe piece sheet across at your selected bsl, then match it over the heel piece sheet. Align the center and side lines to match as well, ensuring the templates are aligned correctly. There are three outside lines running the length of the template on each side - depending on width of ski I cut to the appropriate width and use those to help me in aligning the template in the center of the ski (I find it exactly with a wood block and steel ruler, but just for eye-balling purposes). Make sure your scaling is 100% (or actual size)!

Note that I have only verified this for STH2. I have not used it on the warden, so I do not know if the bsl marks are off or not. If anyone wants to check and see that'd be great.

Enjoy (click on the preview below to download the file. Quality of the actual pdf is much better I promise )

Attachment 202615
    Template looks good to me but as far as I can tell the Warden toe front holes are missing

Salomon STH2 Template

Wow forgot about the warden extra holes. If someone wants to measure for me and send dimensions I can update the template.

I finally figured out my export to pdf issues in Solidworks, made a new template with adjustable bsl and everything.

Few things to note. First, the official adjustment range of STH2 is 28-29mm. On the template I indicate this. However, there is a good extra 3mm of adjustment smaller available while still having 2-3 of the worm screw threads engaged. Do so at your own risk. I think it'd be fine, I know Marker only uses 2-3 threads on their worm screws.

As far as instructions, cut the toe piece sheet across at your selected bsl, then match it over the heel piece sheet. Align the center and side lines to match as well, ensuring the templates are aligned correctly. There are three outside lines running the length of the template on each side - depending on width of ski I cut to the appropriate width and use those to help me in aligning the template in the center of the ski (I find it exactly with a wood block and steel ruler, but just for eye-balling purposes). Make sure your scaling is 100% (or actual size)!

Note that I have only verified this for STH2. I need more measurements to add the warden holes.

Enjoy (click on the preview below to download the file. Quality of the actual pdf is much better I promise )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salomon - Atomic STH2 Template.pdf 
Views:	2426 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	202618

STH2 WTR and Warden Template

Updated the template for wardens as well. Also changed circle diameters to 20mm to aid in spacing holes from hold mounts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Salomon STH2 - Warden Template.pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    If you think you're the only source of my feedback (or maybe the only engineer mounting skis on the internet?), you're much mistaken.

And if you aim to give constructive feedback, maybe you should've started with noting that the issue you have is mainly the front-rear hole spacing, not the width of the front holes. Reflecting, maybe you should've started with constructive criticism instead of a strongly emphasised warning.

Given the amount of thumbs-up I've received for that template notifying me of successful mounts (standard and insert) with a wide variety of Salomon binders (just to give some numbers: the current version of the STH2 template has been downloaded 2500x, the old salomon alpine template even way more) , I am sure you understand that I do not rush in to change my template just because someone beats the drum harder than others.

I am sorry my template caused you any issues.
    I used the V1.3 template to mount a set of Wardens with inserts and didn't have any issues, everything ended up dead on. Did a test mount on a 2x4 to verify and that looked good as well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by POWHNTR View Post
    For those mounting Kingpins I can verify LC's templates as accurate. Puts the boot center right on the line and the heal piece near the middle of the track. Holes are all spaced correctly. Thanks LC!

I also tried these http://www.slidewright.com/ski-bindi...o-powderguide/ on a 2x4 and they located the boot center about 1cm forward and the heal piece rear of center on the track.
    Thanks for the heads up about LC's templates.

I used Knut's Kingpin template to test mount on a 2x4 and I also found that the boot center was about 1 cm forward of the mounting line. I think something is off with the toe and needs to be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post
    I used the V1.3 template to mount a set of Wardens with inserts and didn't have any issues, everything ended up dead on. Did a test mount on a 2x4 to verify and that looked good as well. Thanks!
    Warden holes were accurate (same as mine). STH2 was the problem

Warden holes were accurate (same as mine). STH2 was the problem
    Gotcha. I'm planning to add inserts for Wardens onto a ski that already has holes for the STH2, so I'll double check how the template lines up.

So looking at pulling small duke at 306 and replacing with pivot at 310. Looks like I can reuse front holes on toe with inserts and everything else clears. If I'm using template correctly and that is a big if. Anybody done this?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Yes, per Jigarex Plates list:

"- Marker: Jester, Griffon, Squire, Free Ten, Lord"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Yes, per Jigarex Plates list:

"- Marker: Jester, Griffon, Squire, Free Ten, Lord"
    Found this info from years back-bump!

Do you know if the squire demo is same pattern as these?

AND do you think the 2017 Griffon will stay the same as it has been?

2012 Hellbents with the inserts for schizos from the factory..

Can I use 2016 or 2017 schizo bindings on them, or has the pattern changed?

Pattern looks the same

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Pattern looks the same
    Where is that additional, center hole?

I have read conflicting info for the past hour on google. One place says the "frantic" schizos have a different mount point.

Another thread says they put regular schizos into the K2 "frantic" inserts.

Im extremely confused at this point.. is this how K2 arrived at that name "frantic"

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    One place says the "frantic" schizos have a different mount point.
    This is correct. The Schizo bindings that you can mount on any skis are the same pattern as a Jester/etc demo binding (ie. Jester plus centre hole) but the ones that are paired with the skis that have inserts in them are a different pattern. Good luck finding some. A rep once told me you can drill them for other bindings if you leave enough space between holes but I never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    This is correct. The Schizo bindings that you can mount on any skis are the same pattern as a Jester/etc demo binding (ie. Jester plus centre hole) but the ones that are paired with the skis that have inserts in them are a different pattern. Good luck finding some. A rep once told me you can drill them for other bindings if you leave enough space between holes but I never tried it.
    But look at this..

http://www.newschoolers.com/forum/th...Schizo-Binding

It shows these

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2010-Marker-Je...%257Ciid%253A2

On a pair with the inserts..

Wtf was K2 thinking?

Obviously they didnt plan 6 years ahead!!

I cant believe I just spent 2 hours researching this chit..but I already bought the Hellbents. Luckily for stupid cheap, new.

Anyone in Southwestern Montana wanna help me mount some skis?? Ill throw Beer, Food, Money, Gear at you..

Wtf was K2 thinking?

Obviously they didnt plan 6 years ahead!!

I cant believe I just spent 2 hours researching this chit..but I already bought the Hellbents. Luckily for stupid cheap, new.

Anyone in Southwestern Montana wanna help me mount some skis?? Ill throw Beer, Food, Money, Gear at you..
    You have the skis at hand, no? Why don't you just print a Griffon/Jester template and compare with the existing holes??

If they don't match, you will still be able to determine a non hole conflicting mount position with the template...

I dont have them yet. That is the next step, screw the inserts. Im putting a Salomon or Tyrolia on them.

Look at the toe baseplates. The bindings above are the standalone Jester Schizos with the centre hole at the rear of the toe baseplate. Definitely a different toe pattern pattern than the Schizos that go on inserts. Heel pattern might be the same on both but I don't think so. And it's different to the old Duke too.

Your shop probably sold you the skis cheap because they didn't have the correct binding to pair with them. If you can get hold of the correct baseplates to match the skis' inserts you could use the toe and heelpiece from a standalone Jester Schizo or Jester Demo. Or yeah, just drill something that clears the inserts OK.

I dont have them yet. That is the next step, screw the inserts. Im putting a Salomon or Tyrolia on them.
    Roger that.

Who the F made the schizofrantics have a different pattern? K2 or Marker? Or both? Assholes..

Im putting a notch in my book against both of them, for future reference. What a joke of a design.

I only paid $200, I just hope the holes allow me to center mount something else.

Thx for the help guys. I was real close to wasting another $200 on newer Schizos

Thumbs up

Cool

Last edited by Supachai; 07-14-2017 at 07:58 PM.

I've updated and created some templates.

I'll list them here, and the threads where they are attached.
    [I'd attach them here, but updates or changes get more unwieldy in threads I don't own.]

Updated Template: Tyrolia Attack 13 Demo binding paper template
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...paper-template

New Rossignol Axial2 120 Demo binding paper template

New Salomon Warden 13 MNC Demo binding paper template

Feedback via PM or in the respective threads would be welcome!

-Greg
    Last edited by gregorys; 10-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.