Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Thanks Chupa!

I also need a volunteer to measure the location of the third hole in a geze toe FKS.

The next effort is to compile a list of the exact binding model names that fit with each template. This will be easy for some of you, so please chime in.

N41'25,71 W70'40,71 or my mobile ski chalet

FKS heal template

thanks jondroms nice to have it in one place, great thread.

how about Fritschi anyone?

hopefully someone with a jig for the FKS template can check them out for verification. A note of caution I mounted to a 2X4 and had some issues with the heal, it looks to me like heal bsl # might be off by about 1 or 1.5cm.

mounted using 315 on the template I am to the treads. pic 1 & 2

mounted using 340 on the template I am about right pic 3

mounted using 360 on the template I am stopped out pic 4

hows that go check first drill later.
    Last edited by samhop; 04-03-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    can't spell don't care.

. Forgot about measuring the hole spacing for the 5th hole on the Salomon heelpiece -- I'll get to it, but it'll be Monday (heading out of town for weekend).

For some info on what bindings fit what hole patterns:

Salomon: all of the following share the same 4-hole toe, 4-hole heel:
    977, 997, 900, 912, 914, 877, 897, 850, 797.

NOTE: The 916 and some "Equipe" heel 997 and 900 have a 5th hole for the heelpiece. IIRC, the STH 914 and 916 are also 5-hole heels.

NOTE: These specs on Salomon bindings do not apply if you have demo bindings, Driver, PowerAxe, PowerAxe2 ("PE2"), "suspension" plates, or any other such lifter plates. Some of the bindings on those plates are regular Salomon bindings, and can simply be removed and used without the plate, with no problem regarding screw lengths (e.g., PowerAxe, PE2). Some of the bindings on those plates are integral to the binding, and the binding cannot be removed and used without the plate (e.g., demo track, suspension plates).

I believe the Z series Salomons use a 3-hole toe piece, like the older Quadrax binding.

Look & Rossignol:

All Look "Pivot" variations (P10, P12, P14, Pivot Jib, and all lifter versions of these) and Rossignol "Axial" variations, use the same 4-hole toe and 4-hole heel patterns.

All Look "PX" variations and Rossignol "Axial2" variations use the same 4-hole toe and 4-hole heel patterns, as do the lower-end Look Nova and NX bindings, and older FTX bindings.

NOTE: Pivot/Axial and PX/Axial2 hole patterns ARE NOT THE SAME. The toes are the same. The heels are completely different, but are spaced considerably more rearward on the ski (there will be no problem in hole pattern overlap, should you need to drill a ski for the same BSL for both Pivot and PX bindings).

NOTE: Neither Pivot/Axial nor PX/Axial2 demo track bindings match the hole patterns for the non-demo bindings.

Marker Duke/Baron and Jester/Griffon:

Duke/Baron: these come in two sizes, small and large. The Duke and Baron share the same hole pattern: 4-hole toe, 1 center hole (for flip-switch for walk/tour mode), 4-hole heel.

Jester/Griffon: these share the same hole pattern: 4-hole toe, 4-hole heel.

NOTE: the Duke/Baron and Jester/Griffon share only 2 holes: the 2 foremost holes in the toe pieces are identical in spacing (width), as well as identical in spacing to the BSL center line. I mounted small Dukes on a set of skis that had been drilled for Jesters at ~311 BSL, and was able to re-use these 2 holes, without any problem in overlap between the prior Jester holes. YMMV, of course, depending on the BSL involved.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I also need a volunteer to measure the location of the third hole in a geze toe FKS.
    I've got a pair of the 3 screw geze toe. I don't have calipers or anything like that. If you don't get anyone else I could drop them by.

Quote Originally Posted by samhop View Post
    how about Fritschi anyone?
    See my earlier post in this thread.

-peace
    /r

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    . Forgot about measuring the hole spacing for the 5th hole on the Salomon heelpiece -- I'll get to it, but it'll be Monday (heading out of town for weekend).
    5th Solly hole is 27.5 back from front heel holes(on center)
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

just posting so i can find this when i need it. strong work.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I just made a new acrylic Solly template to replace the one I made from an old shop mount. It came out perfect as the old one was a hair off here and there. I used a ruler/square, a fine point sharpie, a punch and this...https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...4&d=1208050123 I just made several reference points for each line and everything is dead on...Thanks for those measurements pechelman. After doing it both ways I can say it's way more accurate to just draw one rather than trace off an old mount...takes longer but it comes out dead on.I made my own bsl adjustment by putting the heel half way thru it's range and marking the heel relative to boot center. My old template put the heel so far back I had forward pressure a half turn from max. The key was getting perfect cross-hair marks and punching dead nuts on that....obviously, just saying be patient and do it right(lots of reference points and double check everything)
    Last edited by booner; 04-04-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

jondrums,

Thanks for coming through again. I'll probably be mounting your plates in the fall or late summer, but this is a great resource anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    in a new feat of coolness i saw a kid on Armada fat somethings last week with Salomon 916s and Scarpa tele boots, that setup must give maximum performance...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    See my earlier post in this thread.

-peace
    /r
    thanks rabbit. missed it but I got them now
    can't spell don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by samhop View Post
    mounted using 315 on the template I am to the treads. pic 1 & 2

mounted using 340 on the template I am about right pic 3

mounted using 360 on the template I am stopped out pic 4

hows that go check first drill later.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just to clarify, was the BCL spot on based on the toe location? I think the just scale on the heelpiece BCL might be messed up, I'll take a closer look. I have FKS sitting in a box at home, so I can test this one sometime soon.

Anyone have a paper template for Look Pivots? Jondrums toe template will work but it would take a different heel template.
    There's only one law ya can't break .......embarrassing a cop in public.

so I was looking to make a template of some 4frts I was pulling off skis and something alot of dirtbag skibums might have is the clear plastic lid to a large Kirkland pizza from costco

I had to whack the edges off and use it diagonaly cuz to get enough length ,the plastic is a little brittle but it works

look template

i just double checked this against a pair of unmounted px racing bindings, and it is DEFINITELY not the template for THOSE. so are these for the px/axial2 or the p/axial version?

anybody got a jig for the pivot or axial bindings? not px!

note to self-
    TODO:
    Frischi
    check/fix P18 binding template
    Get P/Axial and PX binding jig to create paper jig from
    Solly 5th hole
    Geze 3 hole (from Riggs)
    Jesters

I'll try to get to these before prime binding mounting season...

can anyone help me procure the patterns for any of the above?

check/fix P18 binding template
    Get P/Axial and PX binding jig to create paper jig from
    Solly 5th hole
    Geze 3 hole (from Riggs)

I'll try to get to these before prime binding mounting season...

can anyone help me procure the patterns for any of the above?
    I have shop jigs for all of these. Caveat: only the Pivot/Axial one is a wide jig, all the rest are narrow, and my Salomon jig has the feet bent out flat (have to manually position it on a ski to mount bindings).

I'll be in SF over the weekend of Oct. 3-4, if you want to make templates from any of these.

I test-mounted a pair of FKS155 and the hole pattern match as said before, but I think, just like samhop, that the bsl-numbers might be a bit off, it just got way too tight!

Awesome work otherwise!!! Keep it up!

Holy shit, this was more than I bargained for. Super helpful, since I have to xfer my Dukes to a new pair of sticks this year. Thanks so much!

2nded for a sticky

After printing and looking at the double sheets, I am going to guess, that you take off the excess paper on both sheets of paper, line up the bottom, or the top to correspond with your bsl, and that should be your template..Is this correct?
    Lee

Any for Head or Tyrolia? My local shop is going nuts trying to figure out how to mount my Mojo 15's to the Praxis Pow's. They don't see "narrow ass snowboards" very often and don't want to buy a jig. I could make one, if I had a paper template.
    Low post count because I'm too busy working and then skiing, but not neccessarily in that order.

Any one know if this:
    look_paper_template_R1.pdf matches Axial2 jig
    is any thing close to a Look Nova 10 Lifter?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    After printing and looking at the double sheets, I am going to guess, that you take off the excess paper on both sheets of paper, line up the bottom, or the top to correspond with your bsl, and that should be your template..Is this correct?
    Lee
    It is not correct, and I have figured in out with help from jondrums

Match toe bsl to mount line, than match heel bsl to mountline..My bad
    I was overlapping the sheets to correspond with bsl

Thanks jondrums

Thanks for the heads up. Just to clarify, was the BCL spot on based on the toe location? I think the just scale on the heelpiece BCL might be messed up, I'll take a closer look. I have FKS sitting in a box at home, so I can test this one sometime soon.
    thanks to everyone vary helpful having all this in one place.
    sorry to be so long getting back on this jondroms.
    yes the toe is good template 315 to 315 bsl boot and therefor i don't think the heal is a printer scaling issue.
    i use 335mm on the fks heal template to mount 315 bsl that is a move of 1cm actual 2 on the template numeric scale. so i think the numeric scale on the template is correct at 1/2 true size it needs to be moved back 1cm.
    can't spell don't care.