Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    The old 4FRNT bindings were VIST. As of 2 or 3 years ago they are Tyrolia/Head.
    YES!!
    The 4FRNT i mounted was VIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    Thanks. The hole pattern is definitely right. A 2x4 mount seems to indicate that I need to move the heel forward a bit though. Otherwise I can't get the forward pressure right without running out of track. Putting the template on the skis the bindings came off of would indicate the same. I'm going to investigate further tomorrow.
    Hey Fejj-
    Please do report back with your findings on the racing pattern. I don't have these bindings, so I wasn't able to verify them myself.

I scrolled through all ten pages but could not find what I was looking for...

Does anyone have the file where you can print the Duke template on legal sized paper so you have one piece of paper as opposed to two?

Ps. Jondrums...love the new website man!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    Does anyone have the file where you can print the Duke template on legal sized paper so you have one piece of paper as opposed to two?
    It's about 15" long, way too big for standard letter paper.

Hence the reason I said legal paper dumbass...

Reading comprehension FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam_540 View Post
    It's about 15" long, way too big for standard letter paper.
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.

Still too long for Legal. Even if you do have a printer that can print without borders it's not going to fit.
    Last edited by LC; 10-12-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Hence the reason I said legal paper dumbass...

Reading comprehension FAIL!
    Speaking of dumbasses.... Why would you want to print the template on one page anyway? You'd have to have a separate template for every BSL on the planet? It's a 2 piece system.

Thank you so much for these templates and the tutorials jondrums. I practiced on some melanine with some old Solly 900S bindings. I realize now that no shop tech kid is going to take as much care and attention as I would mounting my own. Thanks again.

Obviously you have never seen a Marker (Duke) paper template before...they do it on one sheet of paper with a sticky backing and a window cut down the center for aligning to your respective BSL.

So, I fixed your post for you below.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeLebowSKI View Post
    I am a dumbass.... Why would you want to print the template on one page anyway? You'd have to have a separate template for every BSL on the planet? It's a 2 piece system.

Obviously you have never seen a Marker (Duke) paper template before...they do it on one sheet of paper with a sticky backing and a window cut down the center for aligning to your respective BSL.

So, I fixed your post for you below.
    Oops, sorry dude. Admittedly, I don't know anything about Dukes and was stuck in one mindset after having used the Salomon template a few times over the weekend.

I didn't make a single sheet duke mounting template, but I do believe that it could be done on 11x17. I just figured that not many people can print that big and I haven't felt like it yet. good idea though.

I can't get to the Sollyfit template that Jondrum just posted. Is anyone else having this problem?

I ran out of attachments in the first post (only allowed 10) so I tried to create a post in the padded room with the attachment, so I could link to it. It worked on my computer, but not on others who haven't ok'ed the consumption of "adult material". So I tried again using a post in tech talk. hopefully it works now.

hey jondrums,

First, you're the man. I've done a couple of mounts recently, all with your templates, and all have come out great.

Second, a suggestion: On the dynafit template, it might be worthwhile to add a note to double check your boot center line. I mounted a pair of dynafits w/ dalbello viruses and the boot center indicators on the template were way off (307 BSL put the center at about 320 on the toe template, I don't remember how the heel lined up). I'm assuming this is just because different boots place the tech inserts at different points on the toe. Other templates I've used (solly and fks) have been pretty much dead on for the boot center marks. Anyways, just in case someone was inclined to fire away with the drill without double checking that their boot center was where they want it, a note on the template to double check the mount point might save some trouble.

really interesting! I sampled several boots when designing that template (Garmont, Scarpa, and Dynafit). All were spot on the same. Can you PM me a closeup of the toe of your boots from the side with a ruler measuring from the front of the toe to the insert?

Hey Johndrums great work man. I am really interested in one of your dynaduke plates but have one question. I searched but don't have the time to read everything right now... Are the holes on the same size (S/L) duke and baron the same? I have barons now and really don't want to have to sell and buy new bindings to do the dynaduke plates.

Thanks in advance, I know this is probably a stupid question I should already know the answer to, but I don't.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

jondrums,

I finally got around to taking some pics of my boots. Attachments didn't want to work in a pm, so here they are:

Pic of insert to toe distance:

Pic of boot on template. The distance from the insert / pin line to the boot center is about 146mm. The boot center line isn't totally perpendicular to the boot, so that measurement is really plus or minus 1mm or so. With the boot lined up on the pin line, the boot center line is roughly at 315mm on the template, although the BSL stamped on the boot is 307.

Thanks again for making all these templates and for working so hard to make sure they're perfect.

^^^ Not trying to insult at all, but did you confirm that the print scaling is correct on the printout?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ^^^ Not trying to insult at all, but did you confirm that the print scaling is correct on the printout?
    yup, checked that. I already mounted with the templates and everything worked fine, its just that the center line on my boot didn't line up with the appropriate hash marks on the template. Not really a big deal at all - I just made sure the boot center was where I wanted it on the ski and ignored the template hash marks.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

Pic of boot on template. The distance from the insert / pin line to the boot center is about 146mm. The boot center line isn't totally perpendicular to the boot, so that measurement is really plus or minus 1mm or so. With the boot lined up on the pin line, the boot center line is roughly at 315mm on the template, although the BSL stamped on the boot is 307.
    Based on your measurements, it sounds like your boot is mismarked! If the pin line is 146mm from the center mark, that would put the pin at 7.5mm from the toe front (307/2-146). It is clearly more like 14.5mm from the toe front.

(Assuming your measurements are all accurate)
    Either the centerline on your boot is marked about 7mm too far back, or your boot is actually a bigger BSL. I'd guess the centerline is marked too far back (its probably the center of the pinline to the heel back)

Measure from the centerline to the heel backmost point and centerline to heel frontmost point. they should be equal.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Either the centerline on your boot is marked about 7mm too far back, or your boot is actually a bigger BSL. I'd guess the centerline is marked too far back (its probably the center of the pinline to the heel back)
    It looks like the centerline is mismarked, like you said. For reference, I held them up against some 310mm full tilts. The 307mm viruses' centerline is a few mm behind the full tilts (when it seems that it should be should be about 1.5 mm in front of it).

I'm not overly concerned because (at worst) it means my mount is forward a few mm's. It is kind of annoying though.

I love it! there was just a thread yesterday about how much 3mm matters for a mount, ect. ect. and it turns out that a piece of gear isn't even accurate to 5mm...

shame on you dalbello.

^^^ damn, i'll be sure to measure the center line on my new titans before mounting.

(mondo 27. they're stamped 312mm, real measurement = 306mm)
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

seriously???? now boot center lines are even called into question. damn is right.

The weird thing with the viruses is that there is an "A" which is at least closer to the correct spot for the boot center, and then there is a line a few mm's back. I'm not sure what "A" stands for, but I take it to mean "boot center" because the line on other boots are also marked with an "A". I wonder if the line that I assumed to be the boot center marker is supposed to mark something else, and the "A" is supposed to be the boot center (even though its not really in the right spot either).

Here's a picture of it. Both sides of the boot have the same marking. The little red dot is approximately where I measure the actual boot center to be (measuring from the front most part of the toe to the rear most part of the heel).

I also held the viruses up against some old kryptons (316 bsl), and the boot center lines were in approximately the same place, meaning that dalbello is inconsistent in how they mark their boot centers. I also measured the full tilts and kryptons with calipers, and it seems like their markings are in the right spot.