Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Reviving an old thread, as it always seems good to keep info in one place.

I've got a pair of newer Mojo 15s (race heel, not diagonal). Set to a DIN of 9 and forward pressure is within the correct range.

I just mounted them up on some new skis, and when I go to do a nose press (i.e. with my weight all the way forward and cranking hard) - they double eject me. Interestingly, the heels both end up in the 'open' position - so they're releasing me vertically from the back.

I've never had this happen on my Look PX15s before - also DIN of 9.

What's the consensus? Up the forward pressure a notch so that it's at the top of the range? Turn the heel up to 10? turn the heel and toe up to 10? Switch back to the PXs?

Get longer, stiffer skis.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by alkos View Post

I've got a pair of newer Mojo 15s (race heel, not diagonal). Set to a DIN of 9 and forward pressure is within the correct range.

I just mounted them up on some new skis, and when I go to do a nose press (i.e. with my weight all the way forward and cranking hard) - they double eject me. Interestingly, the heels both end up in the 'open' position - so they're releasing me vertically from the back.

What's the consensus? Up the forward pressure a notch so that it's at the top of the range? Turn the heel up to 10? turn the heel and toe up to 10? Switch back to the PXs?
    Since you checked the forward pressure (Tyrolia bindings tend to be more sensitive to being off on forward pressure than some other brands). If you are tall (lots more leverage), then I would try to crank up the heel up 1/2 or to 1 more to 10 and test again. I can eject out of my Look (Rossi) or Tyrolia if I lean forward far enough and usually crank the heel up 1/2 notch if it happens too often.

In my experience, every Tyrolia binding I've ever skied like to have the FP set towards the higher end.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    In my experience, every Tyrolia binding I've ever skied like to have the FP set towards the higher end.
    Completely agree with this.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by alkos View Post

I will echo a couple others and say they prefer higher forward pressure. I would also like to just point out that nose presses in general put much higher forces vertically on the binding heel than pretty much anything else. A soft soft soft ski will not pre-release out of the heel when nose pressing, because it changes the torque angles quite a bit, so I am going to assume you have a medium to stiff flex ski. I can butter/press with my Line Elizabeths all day, but at the same din and forward pressure, trying to do the same on my pollards opus causes a similar double ejection once in a while.

I would try to play with the forward pressure before you start adjusting DIN.

Also, just as a general comment, not sure if anyone has said this before, but the 18din Tyrolia bindings have metal wings on the toe, where the 15s have plastic toe wings.

I have a mystery regarding Fischer-branded x17 bindings: I mounted a used pair of these recently for Alpine boots with well-preserved soles and there's a huge amount of vertical toe slop.

The only odd thing about mounting these was that they were missing the plastic shim that sits under the AFD. I had another pair of old tyrolias around so I used their shim and it sure looks and seems to fit fine, but maybe there are other versions that push the afd up higher?

Any advice for what looks like a toe height issue on these tyrolias?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    I have a mystery regarding Fischer-branded x17 bindings: I mounted a used pair of these recently for Alpine boots with well-preserved soles and there's a huge amount of vertical toe slop.

The only odd thing about mounting these was that they were missing the plastic shim that sits under the AFD. I had another pair of old tyrolias around so I used their shim and it sure looks and seems to fit fine, but maybe there are other versions that push the afd up higher?

Any advice for what looks like a toe height issue on these tyrolias?

Thanks!

Resolution: the toe pieces just had significant (2-5mm) vertical play. Inspecting some other toes made the issue clear.

Anyone know if Tyrolia race bindings (Freeflex Evo) use the same jig as Attack series? Looks like they might, looking at photos online.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Anyone know if Tyrolia race bindings (Freeflex Evo) use the same jig as Attack series? Looks like they might, looking at photos online.
    Yes, all adult FreeFlex models regardless of max DIN (the current Evo as well as older versions) all use the 92 jig --- same as the Attacks

Seeking advice. I have a set of demo attack 13s on a pair of GPOs and I've never set the forward pressure on Tyrolia's before. Here's a pic of my boots in the bindings. Is my forward pressure correct or is it set too tight?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200304_203813.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	318913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200304_204608.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	318914

Forward pressure looks too low if anything. Try moving your heels forward one notch and see if the ends of those two silver tabs end up in the center of the 4 dashed lines.

Ideally what MRR11 said, taps a little more in the middle. Better a little forward of center than back.

Ok. Thanks!