Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Ya according to Powder7 the new Attack 14 GW is 7mm lower, or the same as the regular attacks were.

PSA Corbetts still has some leftover Attack2 16s for $140ish USD. For anyone looking for a bit burlier binding for cheap. Lots of other bindings under the "Sale" tab. I bought a few pairs this year already.

Think you guys are thinking of the Attack2 14 AT which has a higher stand high and accepts touring boots in addition to traditional alpine and GW boots. Haven’t seen any info on the 2022 of the AT models at all. The Attack2 11 GW has finally dropped to the same 17mm as the attack2 12 and up vs the old 21mm.

The Attack2 14 GW just replaces the Attack2 13 GW and the new Attack2 17 GW replaces the old Attack2 16 GW and 18 GW.

Stand height still the same at 17mm on the heel(adjusted toe AFD is usually around 14mm on an alpine boot). The heel lever has been lightened and now has a window so that the DIN scale can be seen in the open or closed position. They also made some sort of locking mechanism on the AFD height adjust screw so it can’t ever loosen after adjustment.
    Think incorrect set up of the AFD(no getting the toe to wheelie first to eliminate slack before adjustment) was more the issue but this will for sure stop any problems. Weight drops about 50 grams a pair on the 14 vs the 13 and a touch more of the 17 vs 16(decent amount lighter than the old 18 though).

So agree that the 13s and 16s at Corbetts are the best bang for the buck still. Just picking up a pair of 13s myself from them this weekend.

Does the AT attack have the same toe as the adrenalin? The wardens did not work with my punched at boots but the adrenalins work with them.

Do the new Attack demos share the same hole pattern as the non-demos? If so, for what BSL?

Anyone have a good source for tyrolia brakes? If I get the 85 can they be bent for 110 skis? I did it with OG fks.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Do the new Attack demos share the same hole pattern as the non-demos? If so, for what BSL?
    No, a different template.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Anyone have a good source for tyrolia brakes? If I get the 85 can they be bent for 110 skis? I did it with OG fks.
    The 85 brake will not. Which brake do you need. I have some 110's. shoot me a PM with a pic of your brake.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Someone, I think Leavenworth Skier, made a hybrid tour/resort binding similar to cast using a tyrolia demos and a dynafit toe. Anyone know where the thread is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Someone, I think Leavenworth Skier, made a hybrid tour/resort binding similar to cast using a tyrolia demos and a dynafit toe. Anyone know where the thread is?
    This one? https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...uring-binding/

That's the one. Thanks.

I want to but a "tyrolia attack demo" jig for skis up to 120mm waist.
    And i am in europe.

I wrote head/tyrolia and there answer was the only sell to shops for safety reasons.

^^^ Yes, I have been on the search as well for a Attack2 demo jig. I’d also love to find a source for just the plates without having to buy the whole demo binding. The Attack2 demo is great for making the FrankenCAST and also for traveling with multiple pair of skis and one set of bindings.

If you look in the shop manual they have a link with a parts catalog. You can look up the part number and contact shops with it.

there is one maggot with a shop in the uk??? just the name doesn´t came to my mind. his avatar is with a house.
    lets start a maggot group buy : )

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    I want to but a "tyrolia attack demo" jig for skis up to 120mm waist.
    And i am in europe.

I wrote head/tyrolia and there answer was the only sell to shops for safety reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    there is one maggot with a shop in the uk??? just the name doesn´t came to my mind. his avatar is with a house.
    lets start a maggot group buy : )
    That'd be me.

A Head/Tyrolia dealer should be able to order you the demo jig. The part number/title is: 163009 Template Attack Demo 75-125mm.

Unfortunately Head/Tyrolia don't offer the demo bases as spare parts. Dunno why but it's their only model that the bases can't be ordered seperately - all the others can be ordered by dealers in bulk-buy boxes of 4 sets with screws.

I'm the Whitedot Skis dealer in the UK and we use use the AT Demo binding on the Whitedot demo fleet. The only time I managed to get a few extra bases was when Whitedot placed a bulk order for bindings direct with the factory as an OEM customer and managed to wangle some extra bases - but they're still not listed as parts in their OEM parts list.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post

Unfortunately Head/Tyrolia don't offer the demo bases as spare parts. Dunno why but it's their only model that the bases can't be ordered seperately - all the others can be ordered by dealers in bulk-buy boxes of 4 sets with screws.
    Yes, this is what my shop and manufacturer contacts have told me as well. Thanks for the confirmation and update. I would think that reps with demo fleets would love to have spare base plates available. If you do manage to find a way to get some, I’d take a 4 pack of plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    That'd be me.

A Head/Tyrolia dealer should be able to order you the demo jig. The part number/title is: 163009 Template Attack Demo 75-125mm.

I'm the Whitedot Skis dealer in the UK and we use use the AT Demo binding on the Whitedot demo fleet. The only time I managed to get a few extra bases was when Whitedot placed a bulk order for bindings direct with the factory as an OEM customer and managed to wangle some extra bases - but they're still not listed as parts in their OEM parts list.
    Thanks for the info...

Just checking - still not able to source attack demo plates?

So, putting some boots into some attacks. Forward pressure indicator is right between clicks on the bindings. One one setting the forward pressure indicator has 1 tick showing outside the binding, on the next one there is one inside. Which spot is better? Do I choose to have almost all of the metal tab inside the binding or almost all outside the binding?

I have the same on my adrenalins and I set them towards more forward pressure. I can't recall where, probably here, I read that tyrolia prefers more rather than less forward pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    So, putting some boots into some attacks. Forward pressure indicator is right between clicks on the bindings. One one setting the forward pressure indicator has 1 tick showing outside the binding, on the next one there is one inside. Which spot is better? Do I choose to have almost all of the metal tab inside the binding or almost all outside the binding?
    For me personally, I go tighter forward pressure, so I tick outside.

Ok, ISBM has some attack 13s that might work for me, but apparently they have 120mm brakes (which I didn't even know they made.) Does anyone know if they would fit over a 128 waist ski? Based on some research I'm thinking the answer is no, but does anyone have any experience with this?

Attack brakes are 85mm, 95mm,110mm, 130mm and 150mm. No 120mm brakes that I know of but from the 95mm and up, they will usually work on skis up to about 8mm wider than their size. Have the 110mm brake on 2 pairs of 118mm skis and 95mm on 102mm skis.

Wondering if the seller measured the width at the ends of the brakes on a 110mm as they would be around 120mm there.
    Last edited by noslow; 02-24-2023 at 09:33 AM.

FWIW these are the first gen Attack 13's c. 2017, not the Attack2's.

Looking way back on the internet these might be 125mm brakes? Someone help me out.