Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Unless they are free, I’d skip buying bindings that are not as solid as the Current Attack2 versions and the old ones won’t work with GW boots so will be obsolete soon.
    Corbetts has brand new Attack2 13 with 130mm brakes in black for about $100 US with free shipping anywhere in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Unless they are free, I’d skip buying bindings that are not as solid as the Current Attack2 versions and the old ones won’t work with GW boots so will be obsolete soon.
    Corbetts has brand new Attack2 13 with 130mm brakes in black for about $100 US with free shipping anywhere in North America.
    Missed those even though I checked corbetts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Attack and Peak share the same holes.
    This post just made my year.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    The 85 brake will not. Which brake do you need. I have some 110's. shoot me a PM with a pic of your brake.
    I have read that the 110mm brake is actually much narrower (105mm?) and some said it doesn't clear 110mm without a bend. Can you confirm or deny this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Unfortunately Head/Tyrolia don't offer the demo bases as spare parts. Dunno why but it's their only model that the bases can't be ordered seperately - all the others can be ordered by dealers in bulk-buy boxes of 4 sets with screws.
    Is this so that shops do not buy a ton of plates, put them on all their demo/rental skis and only a handful of bindings? That would reduce costs and allow quick set up with the number of bindings you suspect you would use vs a pair on each ski.

I imagine that is the case, though I do not know why they wouldn't do this from an increased market approach. They could get into many more shops this way as a means to save costs, then lock in more contracts and likely make more in the long run. Plus, many demo skis would be sold with their bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    I have read that the 110mm brake is actually much narrower (105mm?) and some said it doesn't clear 110mm without a bend. Can you confirm or deny this statement?
    I’ve got attack 13’s and 14’s in the quiver on 108mm skis that would clear 110mm with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    I’ve got attack 13’s and 14’s in the quiver on 108mm skis that would clear 110mm with no issues.
    Not sure if these are Attack2 demo (Type F, IIRC) brakes or not.

The 110's brakes for Attack2 Demo's fit out to around 118mm. Type P for the protectors do too, though probably shaving a tiny bit of plastic on the inside of the arms would be a better fit. (The P's seem a little tighter of a fit, though not by a lot - and it might simply be a brake-to-brake variance.)

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    I have 110s on 112 mm and 114 mm waist skis, works fine without bending.

...No 120mm brakes that I know of but from the 95mm and up, they will usually work on skis up to about 8mm wider than their size. Have the 110mm brake on 2 pairs of 118mm skis and 95mm on 102mm skis...
    So 110 brakes could easily be bent/filed for a 120mm ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Cork7 Belly Flop View Post
    So 110 brakes could easily be bent/filed for a 120mm ski?
    I’ve got untouched 110mm brakes on both my 118mm 190cm Wildcats and my Blackops 118 and they just SLIGHTLY graze the sides without bending or touching the brake ends. A bit of bending would easily clear a 120mm ski.

But the brake arms on the Attacks are not wimpy. I honestly don't think you'd successfully bend them without a burly vise to hold the arm.
    A [Type F/P] 110 on a 120 ski can probably work with a little/some plastic shaving, if you can't source a 130 brake. (Brakes are just way too expensive (IMO) to buy later - like usually 30-50% of the entire binding.)

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    But the brake arms on the Attacks are not wimpy. I honestly don't think you'd successfully bend them without a burly vise to hold the arm.
    A [Type F/P] 110 on a 120 ski can probably work with a little/some plastic shaving, if you can't source a 130 brake. (Brakes are just way too expensive (IMO) to buy later - like usually 30-50% of the entire binding.)
    My main concern is that the 130 will have too much overhang for a 120 waist (reading this post doesn't help).

Quote Originally Posted by Cork7 Belly Flop View Post
    My main concern is that the 130 will have too much overhang for a 120 waist (reading this post doesn't help).
    Some overhang, but not that bad, IIRC.

Seems like I dropped some 130s on my Bodes (118) a few weeks ago (by accident) and while "wide" they weren't wide enough to really cause any issues. (Involved story, but essentially I run demo's on all my skis and strip binding and brakes each day. I grabbed the wrong brakes one day and used 130's when I usually use the 110's.)

I could take a pic when I'm back up tomorrow, if I remember and get an idea IRL.

I am sure this has been already answered in either this thread or on the TRG, but I can't find it.

I would like to swap Attack 2 demo toes across skis. I currently have a set of Attack 2 13 AT demos, and found some older Attack 13 demos for cheap.

Is the demo toe rail the same across the Attack 2 and older Attack models? I know the demo heel rails are different...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by donutlynx View Post
    I am sure this has been already answered in either this thread or on the TRG, but I can't find it.

I would like to swap Attack 2 demo toes across skis. I currently have a set of Attack 2 13 AT demos, and found some older Attack 13 demos for cheap.

Is the demo toe rail the same across the Attack 2 and older Attack models? I know the demo heel rails are different...

Thanks!
    Yes, the toe rails are the same for all; Attack Demo, Attack2 Demo, Protector Attack 13 MN.

Would the Attack2 GW work with some older Salomon WTR boot ?
    I don't see why not, but if anyone tried and can report ?

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Yes, the toe rails are the same for all; Attack Demo, Attack2 Demo, Protector Attack 13 MN.
    Excellent. Thank you!

I have a few pairs of Attack GW 14s, and there’s really no way to get the right AFD / sole clearance (2 mm is about as close as I can get with fairly new XT3 140LV’s). Haven’t noticed any issues over the last 2 yrs, just curious whether this is because Lange interprets the GW standard differently than other boot mfgers?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0533.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	483508
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	42 
Size:	601.3 KB 
ID:	483503  
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I have a few pairs of Attack GW 14s, and there’s really no way to get the right AFD / sole clearance (2 mm is about as close as I can get with fairly new XT3 140LV’s). Haven’t noticed any issues over the last 2 yrs, just curious whether this is because Lange interprets the GW standard differently than other boot mfgers?

Views:	46 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	483508
    The AFD looks like it’s hasn’t been adjusted up yet. There is a visual on Attack2 GW bindings where a properly adjusted AFD will 1/3 to 1/2 coverup the 2 screw heads above the silver AFD. Bet yours are completely visible currently.

Adjust the front screw on the toe by turning clockwise till the screw heads are at least 1/4 covered and then start to test the clearance. Remove slack by pulling back hard on the boot cuff to wheelie the toe before testing.

Shocked you haven’t had any pre-releases and bet you’ll be surprised how much more solid they feel after adjustment.

What type of brake do I need for an older Tyrolia Attack 13 binding? It's a Liberty branded Tyrolia, pre- gripwalk / WTR. Photos of what it looks like now - I got these on a pair of DPS Lotus 138s, and they definitely need a wider brake.

Google tells me Tyrolia has a couple of different series brakes. What I have kind of looks like the "A" brake - are these correct?
    https://www.levelninesports.com/prod...gaAlvHEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The AFD looks like it’s hasn’t been adjusted up yet. There is a visual on Attack2 GW bindings where a properly adjusted AFD will 1/3 to 1/2 coverup the 2 screw heads above the silver AFD. Bet yours are completely visible currently.

Adjust the front screw on the toe by turning clockwise till the screw heads are at least 1/4 covered and then start to test the clearance. Remove slack by pulling back hard on the boot cuff to wheelie the toe before testing.

Was tired when I posted that pic. That’s a pic of the AFD all the way back (I was experimenting over the whole range). Here’s a pic of the clearance with the AFD all the way forward:

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg 
Size:	563.7 KB 
ID:	483711

I.e. You can’t cover the screw heads more than this:

Name:	IMG_0609.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	571.2 KB 
ID:	483712

4 pairs of GW attacks in the garage. On 3 pairs, I’m able to get the correct 0.5 mm clearance, but this requires the AFD to be all the way fwd or very close to it. The pair of attack 14s in these 2 pics has about 30 days of use, no prereleases but as you can see I can’t get the clearance down to 0.5 mm with this particular pair of Attacks.

For some reason I thought all my attacks had this issue but I was thinking about a different binding (been mounting a lot of skis lately).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	29 
Size:	517.0 KB 
ID:	483710  
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Was tired when I posted that pic. That’s a pic of the AFD all the way back (I was experimenting over the whole range). Here’s a pic of the clearance with the AFD all the way forward:

Size:	563.7 KB 
ID:	483711

I.e. You can’t cover the screw heads more than this:

Name:	IMG_0609.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	571.2 KB 
ID:	483712

4 pairs of GW attacks in the garage. On 3 pairs, I’m able to get the correct 0.5 mm clearance, but this requires the AFD to be all the way fwd or very close to it. The pair of attack 14s in these 2 pics has about 30 days of use, no prereleases but as you can see I can’t get the clearance down to 0.5 mm with this particular pair of Attacks.

For some reason I thought all my attacks had this issue but I was thinking about a different binding (been mounting a lot of skis lately).
    Might be a defective set then as you should be able to almost completely cover up those screw heads in the highest position. I’d get a dealer to check them out as they should warranty that.

Might be a defective set then as you should be able to almost completely cover up those screw heads in the highest position. I’d get a dealer to check them out as they should warranty that.
    Exactly. I have 8 pair of skis with Attacks, and everyone has the screws covered about half way after adjusting.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    What type of brake do I need for an older Tyrolia Attack 13 binding? It's a Liberty branded Tyrolia, pre- gripwalk / WTR. Photos of what it looks like now - I got these on a pair of DPS Lotus 138s, and they definitely need a wider brake.

Google tells me Tyrolia has a couple of different series brakes. What I have kind of looks like the "A" brake - are these correct?
    https://www.levelninesports.com/prod...gaAlvHEALw_wcB

Bump. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bump. Anyone?
    The correct brakes for all Attacks are Type A brakes.