Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Does anyone have a mojo paper template?

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    Biggest problem with them is that there is no toe height adjustment
    I haven't found a way to adjust the toe height either.

Am I just missing something?

My Mojo 15s on my Praxis have developed a bit of toe slop, allowing a few degrees of roll in either direction. Forward pressure is set higher than recommended, in a (vain) attempt to eliminate roll.

Ideas, peoples?
    not counting days 2016-17

^^^^^^^^ This really surprises me. I must have at least 10 sets of Tyrolias (Mojo 15s and Cyber Carbon D9s) and I haven't noticed any kind of lateral slop at the toe on any of my setups, but you've made me wonder and I will check this out. I always felt that the design didn't require a toe height adjustment - sounds like you came from the world of Salomon bindings .

It was a surprise to me as well. But the slop is definitely there and visible (and detectable).

Just wanted to throw this in here. There are two brake configurations for these bindings. The '08 Head Mojos have the 1st one. BC.com stocks the 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    If the flat AFD works, I can't imagine any reason why the tractor tread wouldn't.
    I got endorphins and I got deadbolts, the 13's I think ... whatever the white demo bindings with green writing are

I figured the best way to feel any stiction of the boot-to-binding IS to back the DIN off all the way so I backed them off to 4 DIN

Endorphin soles are DIN/AT convertible so I put the AT sole on one boot and the DIN sole on the other and I pushed the toe around in the binding

there was a difference ...the AT soles do not move as smoothly as the DIN soles and hang up at very low settings

how much I couldnt quantify ,was it too much and was my test valid ... dunno ??

I am against using AT soles in an alpine binding and I don't need to use AT soles in an alpine binding SO I haven't skied the binding in that manner .

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I am against using AT soles in an alpine binding
    Me too. I was surprised that the OP said that the flat AFD worked. I should've been clearer that the tractor tread should, at least in theory, work at least as well as the flat, but I can't imagine that the flat does.

lots of people use AT boots in alpine bindings ,at a recent ski race I seen dozens if not hundreds of course workers clipping their AT boots into alpine rigs ...BUT I noticed all the slip crews who would actually be skiing were using full alpine gear

I take the point of view that at the hill I want the last 1 % of binding performance possible and the only way to get it is a full alpine setup period

Where does the Fischer FX12 fit in the line? Does the FX just equate to Fischer's "version" of the SL, LD or HD?

I believe that FX is short for Fischer Railflex.

I know that my FX12s are LD heel and toe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I believe that FX is short for Fischer Railflex.

I know that my FX12s are LD heel and toe.
    Thanks. Picked up a NIB pair a while back for $30 on impulse and wasn't quite sure what I had.

Since this thread is revived I thought I'd report back that in the many sets of Tyrolia bindings I own (Mojo 15, Cyber Carbon D9, FF+ 15), I don't have a single set that shows any "slop" in the toe piece's ability to hold the boot toe lugs securely. There wasn't any lateral slop or vertical slop (even when twisting the boot in many different ways). I use Flexon shells so there may be some part of this that comes from the boot that's being used, but I'm happy with what I've got. I have no problems with Tyrolias.

While we're reviving threads, I feel sort of bad about not replying...

Singel
    Is there any problem using something like a Garmont Endorphin (with alpine soles) with the active AFD? I've had no problem with them on Fischer X17 (or whatever the 8-17 DIN binding is called) with a flat AFD, but I'm not so sure about my Mojo 15's with the tank track AFD. I was able to rip the Endorphin out of the toe sideways with my hands at 12 DIN - didn't test it with any other boots though.
    I have 7 pairs of X17's in my garage, and none of them have the flat AFD's -- they have the "tractor toe". Just FYI. I had a pair of FF20's, but I sold them years ago with a pair of Big Stix 106's, so I can't remember if they were flat or not. Anyhow, zero problem myself with running Vibram soled boots in them. They just squish down. I actually feel better about them on the tractor toe and diagonal heel release than I would otherwise.

The Dad --

You're not missing anything, there just isn't a toe-height adjuster. Just the way the bindings are built. That's why its crucial to have boots that are either new, or have replaceable lugs, so that the proper toe height can be maintained.

For the record, zero problems running Alpine Trekkers in them also if anyone cares. Underrated bindings, but as usual, poorly marketed and branded.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

You're not missing anything, there just isn't a toe-height adjuster. Just the way the bindings are built. That's why its crucial to have boots that are either new, or have replaceable lugs, so that the proper toe height can be maintained.
    The boots in question do have replaceable lugs and have little wear, particularly not where the AFD meets the sole. And they're fine in other bindings, including my four other pair of Tyrolias. So something's hinkey about these.

While we're reviving threads, I feel sort of bad about not replying...

Singel

I have 7 pairs of X17's in my garage, and none of them have the flat AFD's -- they have the "tractor toe". Just FYI. I had a pair of FF20's, but I sold them years ago with a pair of Big Stix 106's, so I can't remember if they were flat or not.

Anyhow, zero problem myself with running Vibram soled boots in them. They just squish down. I actually feel better about them on the tractor toe and diagonal heel release than I would otherwise.
    good to know. never tried that.

FYI - the 4frnt versions got rid of the tractor toe. It's a flat teflon skid plate.
    . . .

None of the tech manual links worked for me, so here's a couple I was able to find with google...

http://www.tyrolia.com/fileadmin/pdf....Manual_EN.pdf

http://download398.mediafire.com/cl4...Manual.english

I'm running FF 20's on my Alotta's,flat AFD,diagonal heel,no toe slop either.Got another one N.I.B. on stand by for my new planks...

Crosspost about initial impressions of Railflex II binding system...

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3005200&postcount=19"]Teton Gravity Research Forums - View Single Post - (semi)demo binding recommendation request[/ame]

So I received and mounted the 2010-11 head powerrail 12D.

I posted details of my self-mount in this thread - [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203277"]Just mounted 2010 Head Powerrails - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]. It sank like a stone

Who else has this binding? My impressions are pretty good now that its mounted, stand height reduction was vastly exaggerated, and bending the brakes sucked but I was prepared for that

I'm still puzzled that there are very few retailers that are selling the powerrail and that Head still hasn't made parts like wide brakes available.

Now I'm making a trekker system that I can use for really low impact touring and traverse. (the rail system will allow me to move open the toe and heel and snap in the main plate) --

I thought I could use a Voile plate as the boot interface but of course its made for snowboard boots, and I doubt I will find an old besser plate like the one pictured; so now I'm looking for some beat-up step-in crampons which I will cut and bend to the will of my Frankenstein plan. ( I posted a thread, [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203369"]WTB step-in aluminum crampons - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame], which I'll bump a couple of times)

Anyone have some old crampons to sell cheap for a dubious cause?
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Which Tyrolia binding is the Amplid T.F.T.
    http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr....0.0.0.0?pp=8&

seen there....

what do I need to know about them, any excessive finicking necessary, can most shops get em right, any toe adjustments needed (Wings or anything)

looking into a trade for a pair, used on season....

go for it, or fear it.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Looks to me like a Mojo, but don't quote me on it. I don't think any binders other than Salomon have any toe wing adjustment, but again, don't quote me.

Looking at what I've just typed, I'm wondering if I should have just shut up and let someone else chime in.

Oh well...

I presume that you mean the FTF.

If you look at the technical database linked earlier in the thread, you'll find this record for the FTF. And if you compare those specs to the Peak 15, you'll find them to be exactly the same, right down to the weight.

Thought I'd chime in on the toe slop question... I've got a pair of Mojo 15s with ridiculous lateral slop. Like Fritschi touring binding level of wobble. Forward pressure seemed right and I took them to the shop that mounted them (Pro Ski in Seattle) and they thought everything was right. "That's just the way they are" was the highly technical response. The boots I was using were a bit worn in the toe but not that worn. I've got new boots and will check this again tonight.
    "A witty saying proves nothing."

Nice score, Dad.

I'll echo Baker Boys old post that the tractor tread toe seems to handle vibram well. But I worry sometimes when spring mud gets in that roller mechanism and it starts getting hinky, so I clean it out.