Cutting Down Naxos

I've heard on here a few times that it's possible to cut down the rails on naxo bindings. anyone know what kind of screwdriver bit i'm going for to remove the rails? looks almost like a modified torx, or something.. also i assume i'd be cutting the front part of the rails off then reassembling, not the part with the important notches and stuff. if anyone has any tips or has done this themselves, please share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

can be done, but fucking hard to get right. contact BCA and they will sell you replacement rails in whatever size you need for pretty cheap(or at least they have in the past)

I am way to lazy to search for you but there is a topic about some guy creating naxo's for his kid, cut them down from a large, I believe. Pretty good little how-to guide

Torx.

Cut the fronts.

Lay out the new drill holes before you cut!

The BSL scale at the back will no longer be accurate.

Not too hard at all if you are any good at stuff.

mtn lion cut down some extra large freerides

reason was they are hard to sell and the rail is SO LONG the new slot he had to drill/mill was completely past the old slot so it was doable

Consider he is a shop dude ,has the tools ,the time ,the experiance and was taking something he had kicking around deemed unsaleable and making a new niche for it whereas you might be fucking up something with a strong market ... Why not sell them used and buy the correct size for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilla View Post
    I am way to lazy to search for you but there is a topic about some guy creating naxo's for his kid, cut them down from a large, I believe. Pretty good little how-to guide
    It has be done with some silvrettas

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showt...ight=silvretta
    Sunday ends with her head in a pillow, ass in the air with me pounding her from behind. Life is good.

^^^^ Yeah thats the one I was talking about

Cutting naxos is a LOT easier than cutting down fritschis. I had a pair of larges that were cut down to medium, I think jfrost did it on that pair. You just cut the rails at the front and drill 2 new holes for the screws in the sides of the AFD. Hacksaw, handdrill, and a center punch would cut it as long as you're reasonably mechanically inclined.

yes it is a small torx head screw, i forget what number.