Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude

Help. Percocet and Shepard's Pie Related Quandry

First of all I broke my femur last week so I can't walk or carry things or really move that well. I have a network of friends helping through this tough stage. However I have a question of scruples......

so my friend comes over almost daily to help me out with stuff. He did the snowblowing, shoveled the tennant's steps, took the trash out...really championship stuff. He's semi-employed so I trade favors (trash, snow removal etc..) for food with him. He does some work, I supply meals. Seems fair right?

Here's the issue:

A different friend's parents made me shepard's pie to heat up and have as dinner one night. So this friend, the one that comes over daily, comes over yesterday for coffee, lunch and a movie. I'm just sacked out on the couch, he comes over, we shoot the shit for a while and then he goes into my kitchen to make our lunch (I can't really move anything, lunch included, due to my crutches). I get up to take a piss and notice that instead of the cold cuts, bread, cheese, potato chips that are meant for lunch...he is starting to dig into my damn shepard's pie! I said "hey man, don't get into that please, I have Pete and his mom coming for dinner thursday night and we are having special shepard's pie night." He replies "Oh okay! Not even a taste taken out yet."

So I piss and head back to the couch. He comes out to the living room a couple minutes later with a heaping pile of freshly microwaved shepard's pie. I'm blown away!!! In my head I am thinking "Did I not JUST ask him not to eat the shepard's pie? What the fuck is this shit??!" he happily eats what looks like 1/2 the shepard's pie, dinks around for a while and then leaves. So now not only has he eaten a meal I didn't want him to get into which clearly isn't a lunch-type meal, he never fuckin brought me anything to eat for lunch!!!

I don't get it. Did I not explain the importance of the shepard's pie? Do you just go into people's houses and dig into their meals without asking when you are there for lunch and should be happy with a sandwich? Am I over-reacting due to the percocets? This guy certainly is helping me out while I am busted up, but I feel like he crossed a serious line...the Shepard's Pie line...and now I have to have a talk with him or something.

any thoughts?

I mean the guy IS helping me out and alot of friends and friend's parents have donated food and prepared meals to help me get by.....but the shepard's pie was in the original baking dish thing...it's not like it was transferred to tupperwear or something...

am I out of line?

Is HE out of line?

Last edited by vinzclortho; 03-05-2009 at 06:48 AM.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Try here, it's like tech talk for this kinda shit

Yes, he went over the line, you asked him not too, he still did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Percocet = grumpy pills.

He did the wrong thing, you are overreacting.

GO EASY.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Percocet = grumpy pills.

He did the wrong thing, you are overreacting.

GO EASY.
    Did you read what he wrote? Its shephard's pie! Id be bullshit
    Decisions Decisions

you don't mess with another mans shepard's pie...

Is the guy retarded?!? You asked him not to eat it and he did. Maybe you should count the percocets, he might be chowing on them too.

How the fuck did you break your femur?

I hit a tree with my left leg snowboarding too fast on the sickest east coast pow day in years at Sugarloaf last monday.

I know the percs are giving me a very short fuse and also I don't seem to care that I am being a prick sometimes due to the short fuse...this will pass...

However, we are talking shepard's pie here. and not just ANY Shepard's pie, this is from Chuck and Sally who are like family to me. I gotta say, even if I was able to move around no problems and my friend was still helping out with snow removal etc...that in NO WAY justifies diving into a full on shepard's pie.

If I had an untouched blueberry pie sitting in my fridge, does that give him the right to just dive into that? What if the pie already had a piece that had been eaten? What is the proper procedure for diving into a cripple's fridge????

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

blueberry pie is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. shephards pie? notsomuch
    Decisions Decisions

Its not like it was carrot pie...

Clearly, this man owes you a Swanson's gift certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Clearly, this man owes you a Swanson's gift certificate.
    FUCK THAT DUDE! This isn't some store-bought bullshit, this is a homemade Shepard's pie made with love and concern. A gift certificate is the ultimate cop-out in this situation.

The shitty part....is that I need to call the guy who ate the shepard's pie to come throw rock salt on the walkway. Acutally fuck that, I'll wait until the weekend when my other friends are around and have one of them do it.

I should also mention that the buddy that is doing stuff, has his heart 100% in the right place but always manages to fuck things up. Like he came over and did the snowblower on the walkway....I looked out the window and he's blowing all the snow all over the neighbor's houses and into their yard. He wants to help, but his execution is far from flawless. It's amazing at times really. So while there is a track record of fucking things up to some degree, that doesn't excuse diving into a shepards pie. At least that's what I think.

Whenever I get short on cash I'll find one of my old friends who is busted up, offer to help him out, and then eat all his food.

It gets me through the lean times. You should try it when you get better.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

Not the shepherd's pie line
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

3 part answer

a. shepherd's pie is both gross and fattening

b. kick his ass

c. have another perc

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

BSS Guest
    What an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    a. shepherd's pie is both gross and fattening
    You're dead to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Bwa!

Fine, then I wish you an unending future of shepherd's pie meals then, sir, since it is so totally vile!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

maybe your mom could come live with you?

times are getting tight...consider yourself lucky he hasn't rolled your gimp ass for your wallet
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Percocet + Shepherd's Pie = hope you have some stool softener handy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Percocet + Shepherd's Pie = hope you have some stool softener handy, too.
    Currently Laughing Uncontrolably

If he doesn't ,he might have to add Roid Rage to the list of problems.
    Calmer than you dude

A friend of mine had a similar problem following DH Mtbing this summer, no weight bearing, on crutches and living alone. He figured he needed a remote control car with a flat roof... a hummer or some such. Set up yer plate, put it in the car... waddle to the couch... drive car to couch... there you go you got yer lunch for yourself.

As for yer buddy munching on yer pie... thats bad. Dude owes you an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    As for yer buddy munching on yer pie... thats bad. Dude owes you an apology.
    ..wait... what?
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho View Post
    If I had an untouched blueberry pie sitting in my fridge, does that give him the right to just dive into that? What if the pie already had a piece that had been eaten? What is the proper procedure for diving into a cripple's fridge????
    You don't start into an untouched pie, cake, pizza, lasagna, casserole, etc. without asking first. You also don't eat the last piece without asking first. While it is not absolutely necessary to ask permission before having a piece of a partially eaten one (especially if it's understood that you are providing lunch), that is certainly the most courteous approach. Those are the rules regarding pies and such. They apply to cripples' and able bodied folks' fridges alike.

You should be pissed unless maybe you were wacked out enough on percs that you're not remembering everything clearly.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Have your buddy make you another one. Here's Rachael Ray's 30 minute recipe:

ttp://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/30-minute-shepherds-pie-recipe/index.html

Better yet, tell him in order to make it up to you, his girlfriend must come over and prepare it naked. Post TR with photos of her pie...
    Last edited by Bastard Bob; 03-05-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Enhancement of comment