Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Tom are you going to make a snowboard version of the RAX? I too wanna ride totally in the back seat and rely solely on some fins for my control, leaving everything else up to fate...it looks totally radtastical-nasty-gnarsome....
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

pass the popcorn rideit
    "eurofag" has a whole new definition to live up
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I'm not buying them if they don't have a butter zone.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05 View Post
    Dude. Everyone should enjoy the videos posted above. 1:20 into the first one posted is precious. The music in the longer video is fantastic.
    I like 1:11 into the first vid where the skier is so freaked out when he sees the guy RAXing, he totally loses control.

I didn't think it was possible, but the Anton Gliders have met their match!

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    Tom are you going to make a snowboard version of the RAX? I too wanna ride totally in the back seat and rely solely on some fins for my control, leaving everything else up to fate...it looks totally radtastical-nasty-gnarsome....
    Dooh, can't you remember snowboards from the 80's?
    They were ridden pretty short and had fins. More or less a precursor to Raxskis.

I was thinking of creating some boards with more aggressive fins (as on the Raxskis) compared to back then, may actually do that at the end of the winter. But then I don't really see a need for that as weight shifting on skis and boards is substantially different.

And no, you don't have to rely on fate if you wan't controll. With Raxskis you obiously can't break faster or go make tighter turns when going really fast, you can however react much faster as your swing weight is lower - therefore you can steer through tight places with much more speed than with conventional skis or boards. Also going through bushes or very tight trees the ability to break while staying with your skis facing downhill means you can squeze through places you previously thought you have to go around.

On the other hand on big mountain settings I prefer my Swallowtail Snowboards over anything else. Also you need steeper terrain to enjoy the same challenge/speed compared to freerideskis/boards. Another big disadvantage is that you can't jump of from your tails as pressing down for taking off makes the fins break instead of you catching some airtime.

Raxskis are great as for that they are very easy to ride, and don't take much power. During testing we had many people on them, that had never gone off piste - but after 20-30min they were going down steep chutes without any fear or probs. If you know the advantages but also the limits of Raxskis you can have great fun with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom from Austria View Post
    Man should not disturb God`s established order.
    If you also believe that Lord created long skis
    on the 7th day stop reading this thread.

For all others:
    Rax skis are short but fat and can track
    as well as long skis under severe conditions
    for they use the fin conrol.
    still doesn't change the utter gayness of this shit ski of yours. I guess if you ski in the back seat all the time instead of driving the ski then maybe it could be ok, but still you'd look like a complete fucking idiot on the hill.

here is a catch phase you can use, I'll let you have it for free:

"RAX skis making shitty skiers, even shittier" honestly that would look so good at ISPO next year...
    "So what's a homeless instructor do? Teach people how to build houses outta cardboard boxes and build good trash fires?" - Phuckhuck

Just watching that guy at 1:20 in the video makes my knees and quads scream...

Seems like these are designed to help intermediate or beginner on-piste only skiers overcome their fears of challenging terrain. Not a bad idea really (though teaching them proper form and technique would be better), but you need to find a forum that's populated by your target demographic, like Epicski.

I'd ski anything I saw in your videos on my 183 Gotamas or 186 Mojo 90s and get it done faster and in better control than what I saw your testers doing.
    Last edited by Chainsaw_Willie; 03-02-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Tom, you have a lot of competition from these guys.
    http://www.a2xtreme.com/snowmads.html

Actually, cutting a snow board in half sounds like more fun.

Tom, I'm pretty skeptical about these but if you make it out to Tahoe I'll give 'em a shot...

So when/where are the demos?

oh...my...god...

I can't believe he is back...I have been hoping for this day.
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

It's true though. Raxski lets you shred EXTREME terrain that you can't on traditional skis. The video proves that.

We have to complete our job in the East first
    before we can relax in champaign powder in the West.
    Pretty sure the best champaign powder is in central Illinois.
    It's hard to be piste off when you're off piste.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    So when/where are the demos?
    Lots of mags gonna be at Magic on the 7th, come on by, I can guarantee many will want a test ride.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by LivinCO View Post
    ha! snowlerblades for snowboarders

hows bout the body sled?
    http://www.a2xtreme.com/bodysled.html

if they're for "ski acrobats" then they're for me

When we find Jesse in the Alps, will he be on a pair of these?
    It's hard to be piste off when you're off piste.

When I was "raxing" at LaGrave first time,
    French boarders called me "Mars Skier"
    and expected my UFO parking next door.
    Those silly frenchmen!
    Its a good thing cold smoke doesn't give you cancer.

extremecarver, where are you, exactly, in that picture of the cliff area?

Has anyone introduced Tom of Austria to 0BernhardFranz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

Rax skis are short but fat
    THAT'S HOW I LIKE THEM!!!

Wait . . . are we talking about skis?

Congrats,
    You have brought skiing one step closer to figure skating....

On a more serious note, I see no real use for these skis except in a ski school application where you are teaching uncoordinated old farts how to carve for the first time. There is one flaw that can never be over come with innovation in little skis, and that is stability, whether its landing jumps or just plain old speed. After owning snow blades for a day i can officially say you either land on your ass or your face if are not perfectly centered on the snow blades.

Good luck to you, i think you can make some money with these with the right business strategy and marketing plan.

DO the Village People ass-less chaps come standard,or are they extra?
    Last edited by freshie247; 03-02-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Calmer than you dude

i still cant believe this isnt a joke

What we need here is a montage.

A sports training montage.

Yeah, we've got to have a montage.