Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

And in pot news today...

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Stampede!

Do you realize, in this economy, what the hills of NorCal are gonna be like this summer with this announcement (of sorts)?
    Prolly put the OKlahoma land rush to shame.
    The funny thing is why they think they need 10-15 years of studies on an herb that has been smoked for thousand of years.
    Oh, yeah....so they can dispense it and get the profits.

It'll be interesting to see how things change over the next few months. I don't expect much change, but this is a great start.

BSS Guest

doughboyshredder Guest
    About Fucking Time.

Why did it take a Democrat getting elected to empower States rights?

This is such good news.

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    "yeah bro, you gotta hold it in till the bong gets back to you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

Yeah, baby. Let that Vancouver goodness flow downhill. A lot of expertise I wanna taste.

doughboyshredder Guest
    BC bud is the mexi crap of the northwest. Pure Shwag. Seatown kush mixes are the best in the world.

YetiPlan:
    legalized, taxable sales with proceeds going to eradicate meth...

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    YetiPlan:
    legalized, taxable sales with proceeds going to drug and alcohol education...
    sorry, had to change it to agree with it

That ain't "Pot News", that's News News. Fucking guy is straight up, lives up to his promises, empowers the People to make up their own minds...that is the shit dreams are made of, whether you are right or left, LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE!!!

I pray to jahbuddahchristallahthevoid that the bastards don't take him out.

I hear prices have come in hard too.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That ain't "Pot News", that's News News. Fucking guy is straight up, lives up to his promises, empowers the People to make up their own minds...that is the shit dreams are made of, whether you are right or left, LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE!!!

I pray to jahbuddahchristallahthevoid that the bastards don't take him out.
    Wow. .....sniffle. .....I have your back, man.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    YetiPlan:
    legalized, taxable sales with proceeds going to eradicate meth...
    i've been thinking about this, and i think the amount of money that could be raised by taxation is over estimated. if people are allowed to grow their own, there will still be a black market just to avoid the taxation.

stoners are cheap bastards for the most part.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    Yeah, but they're also lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    i've been thinking about this, and i think the amount of money that could be raised by taxation is over estimated. if people are allowed to grow their own, there will still be a black market just to avoid the taxation.

It's, by definition, a weed. Grows fast and easy.

And, there's already quite a black market in people avoiding taxes. Talk to the Swiss about that.

that's pretty much exactly my point. most of the reasons i've heard lately for legalization are based on the amount of tax revenue that would be brought in. i just wonder if the estimates of tax revenue take into account how hard it would be to enforce sales through legal channels.

of course decriminalization will save billions in enforcement and incarceration costs, but i think the estimates of likely tax revenue are probably overstated.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

doughboyshredder Guest
    again, how many people do you know that grow their own tobacco?

Perfectly legal and would save a pack a day smoker a few thousand a year. Americans are lazy, and will gladly pay someone else to grow their weed.

!LET IT GROW!

I'm not talking about someone growing their own, im talking about people growing and selling black market.
    Moonshine might be somewhat similar situation, but most 'shine ain't all that tasty. especially compared to a good single malt. Also the amount of tax being thrown about makes it more of a value proposition. i think that guy in california who was talking about legalizing was saying something like $50/ounce.
    Ben Franklin

BSS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    again, how many people do you know that grow their own tobacco?

Perfectly legal and would save a pack a day smoker a few thousand a year. Americans are lazy, and will gladly pay someone else to grow their weed.
    Who says cigarette smokers will all just migrate to weed? I don't see much of a drop happening in the tobacco market as a result. People who want to smoke weed (for the most part) already do. Suggesting that there is this vast number of folks who smoke cigarettes just because marijuana is illegal or more difficult to obtain is a stretch IMO. Sure there would be some, but I think you're comparing apples and oranges. A pack a day smoker has a nicotine problem, not a lack of weed problem.

his point was to be a counter point to my point.
    he's not arguing that cig smokers would switch to weed, he's arguing that few stoners would bother to grow their own weed because no one grows their own tobacco. but as i understand it, growing (and more importantly curing) tobacco is more problematic for the home grower than weed.

i think.
    Ben Franklin

Ok so $50 an ounce tax will be levied. I bet it will still be cheaper to buy it legally in a store than it is now, it's currently expensive because it's a black market product. There are lots of added expenses when thats the case, for example shrink due to busts. Plus really expensive shipping (relative to say UPS).

Legalize it, tax it and have the laws mirror that of distilling, that is only licensed operators can grow it. That should kill the black market or at least shrink it by quite a bit, make it easier to get a growers permit than it is to get a distillers. I mean the moonshine market is a hell of a lot smaller than the current pot market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

doughboyshredder Guest
    bss, Fez is right on the money as far as my post.

Tax evasion carries a stiffer penalty than marijuana posession afaik, so there would be a serious motivation for growers to become licensed.

As long as we're on the subject of the biz....

http://blip.tv/file/1356143/

You need a little time and a broadband connect.