Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    It's a long summer

Thumbs up Kick-Ass!

It was a link, (posted by Baker Boy I think, on SnowJournal), of some kick-ass, deep snow pictures, from Canada, right at the beginning of that season.
    Then I saw a posting by Kellie about a Bay Area fund raiser for Sierra Avalanche Center, and I realized there were a lot of peeps from around my parts posting here. Well way more than on SJ.
    Then I got such a great welcome from OGRE & Punani that I decided to stick around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    No really, WHY????
    Oh...
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Just follow the rainbow to the secret stash....

That's why!

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Interesting thread, don't remember seeing it the first time around.

I think I found this place in 2003 or 2004 after lurking on Mammoth Mtn forums. I think Tuffy and Punani visited the Mammoth Mtn forums acting all tough and I thought it was funny that people got so upset by their antics. Heard about this place from Bullet or YogaChick and decided to give it a look. "Wasted" way to many hours here.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

When i was young i was told i would GROW. So i bought some large boards and iv'e been sliding on them ever since, (Found a dvd in a silver thingy floating round) .
    "I, the undersigned,
    shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein
    and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis
    incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis
    punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear
    as crystal! You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks. You bumped
    into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized,
    so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

I am here because I am very very just so good.

edit- I'm here because I want to go skiing, dammit and it's fucking august. Fuck Summer.

Behold my fluffy goodness, you bastard.

i want to ski too

Lightbulb

Nope nope nope Twas the grapes & seeson passes ======= \\
    "I, the undersigned,
    shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein
    and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis
    incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis
    punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear
    as crystal! You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks. You bumped
    into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized,
    so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Started in tech talk and gear swap. Got hooked reading the witty snarky posts in the chatter ski forum.
    Got taught a few lessons and learned some humility once I waded into the adult pool. I never fought on the internet before, but it was fun. And a great way to kill time as a cubicle dweller.
    When I was forced to live on the ice coast, met and skied with a bunch of maggots that were kind enough to show me the local ways. Quite the opposite from Jackson where no one admitted to maggotry even though the Wildernest building was it’s home.
    These days life is busy and I enjoy the conditions reports and the stoke but the hilarity seems to have moved on. Maybe it’s having kids or not working as a cubicle slave. Not sure why the best and brightest have moved on as well, but damn this place was an entertaining shitshow dumpster fire.
    . . .

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    people come peeps go
    I knows I gots a 420 green light
    jhole hookup and a willin road trip bro now
    another in the big sky
    that's are maggy as the come
    im here
    cause I belong in this circus
    of like minded clowns
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Cuz banned from every respectable board.

Truth.....lurked for 8 years before I came out of the closet. Damn, that didn't sound right. Bought my first set of moments even though some dude kept sayin Praxis RX. This place has more 411 than any place on the planet and I've spit coffee on my keyboard more than once. Only get a few weeks a year and always the first week of March in Brighton/Soli. Steady looking for someone needing change for a nickle. Ex Wife has opened up the ski dates considerably.
    Last edited by beachbumnc; 12-23-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Years ago I was skiing with Mr. and Mrs. Twoplanker along with Mrs. Buzz at a Basin of Snow around these parts and at the top of Strawberry some crazy kooks yelled at 2P as they were about to hike up. 2P said he was going to go ski with some "maggots" and said I probably did not want to go the way they were heading. I proceeded to head down with 2 hot women instead, the other way.

So I enquire about a "maggot" and was given the story and said they were on Powmag yappin'. I said I wanted to join and was cautioned as I was not a skier. I boarded, but was a skier so I said to hell with it and signed up on Powmag. As the transfer happened after Daniel, I am here.

Thank you Twoplanker for the chance to enjoy and sometimes waste hours and hours on the interwebz!

And it has been fun knowing/riding/sking with/drinking with/........ the crazy kooks and the rest of yall as well!

edit: 9 years ago. Whoa.

Compared to you I am a jong, only 13 years here. The first week on the board I got the advice to buy LP's - They guide you well around here.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Hi, I'm here for the bang-gang...

this isn’t where i parked my car

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Started in tech talk and gear swap. Got hooked reading the witty snarky posts in the chatter ski forum.
    Not sure why the best and brightest have moved on as well, but damn this place was an entertaining shitshow dumpster fire.
    tech/gear and TRs are the meat and potatoes, but irreverent humor is the gravy, oohh sooo much gravy.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Was on powmag forums, started a thread about heating my truck/living in it for the winter, blew the tranny in week one, depleted all savings to fix, the maggots collective sent me on a season long adventure ending at the first Maggot Summit (or whatever you call them now) in Utah. Naturally migrated to TGR once powmag ended.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Was on powmag forums, started a thread about heating my truck/living in it for the winter, blew the tranny in week one, depleted all savings to fix, the maggots collective sent me on a season long adventure ending at the first Maggot Summit (or whatever you call them now) in Utah. Naturally migrated to TGR once powmag ended.
    easy -

FknA. That was the first epic thread I remember --

I had that whole thread printed ( lost in 2006 )

... So Glad You pop up here once in a while - Thank You ! !!

. . . any of those kids growing to be skiers ! ? !

peace, Bud.

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

I don't remember
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    this isn’t where i parked my car
    Funny. Would you like it to happen to you
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

For the community and the stoke. Everyone loves deep powder but can’t agree on which skis to use. But that’s secondary cause we are all stoked on the deep powder.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Been lurking for a minute and it doesnt feel right to take so much without giving a little something back.