Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Why are you here?

Years ago I was skiing with Mr. and Mrs. Twoplanker along with Mrs. Buzz at a Basin of Snow around these parts and at the top of Strawberry some crazy kooks yelled at 2P as they were about to hike up. 2P said he was going to go ski with some "maggots" and said I probably did not want to go the way they were heading. I proceeded to head down with 2 hot women instead, the other way.

So I enquire about a "maggot" and was given the story and said they were on Powmag yappin'. I said I wanted to join and was cautioned as I was not a skier. I boarded, but was a skier so I said to hell with it and signed up on Powmag. As the transfer happened after Daniel, I am here.

Thank you Twoplanker for the chance to enjoy and sometimes waste hours and hours on the interwebz!

And it has been fun knowing/riding/sking with/drinking with/........ the crazy kooks and the rest of yall as well!

edit: 9 years ago. Whoa.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 02-26-2009 at 07:44 PM.

I'm here because one day I realized I was too old for Newschoolers

LeeLau indirectly pointed me here and I enjoyed what I read.

BushwackerinPA told me about this place, and saved me from epicski. And its the best internet community around
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

I was on TTips and wanted to check out "The Other Forum" that people talked about. I generally like it better here. More TRs, less yap yap yap for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    BushwackerinPA told me about this place, and saved me from epicski. And its the best internet community around

thats really funny...

I lurked here for a couple years and start to post more when I moved out to utah. If I stopped teaching Id stop posting on the other site.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I was on the K2 message board (not the one from days of old) long before I came here, think a link was cross posted.

Was searching the intertubes for some info about avalanches and such, and came across this wonderfully unkept corner of the web. I just thank the ski gods that I found TGR before epicski. Being only a partial douche is way better than becoming fully retarded, which apparently is what happens to those who post there.

Because baby jeebus sent me.

Raps pointed me in this direction during his antics and Summit dubbed me with a signa as he couldn't remember my real name.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I'm here because one day I realized I was too old for Newschoolers
    I realized I was too young for Epic.

Lurked for a while, then decided to post. Continued to bounce back and forth (interesting sociological experiment) until they destroyed that board with the facelift from hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

google...
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post

Lurked for a while, then decided to post. Continued to bounce back and forth (interesting sociological experiment) until they destroyed that board with the facelift from hell.
    No shit, I am here because I don't ski that much park while wearing tall tees and am in my twenties. Also being able to cuss is so fuckin cool ain't it?

Found it searching for avy info. I can't stay away ever since!
    Have fun or get hurt bad. "MFT" A.K.A. Dr. Doom

There are but three true sports--bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. "Ernest Hemingway"

just found it a long time ago, signed up, didn't dome around for awhile. I still dont post much though(I have 7,000 on NS though)

while I was in grad school a friend in the lab used to post. I was already on ttips.....but dont really care what binding a 200 pound clydesdale should put on his TMEXs. Lurked long and hard and still keep a pretty subtle presence--mostly tried not to get jonged.

the big reason though is life allows me a lot of time in front of a computer screen...and although i love my job id always rather be skiing.
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

Let me see now. I think I was googling "Husky Latin Women" and voila - I found the old Powdermag site.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

I lurked a bit while trying to comunicate on Biglines.
    I ended up getting tired of the lack of activity over there (2 - 3 days for people to add to threads)
    So I came here and got stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

advres Guest
    In late 06 TGR thought it would be good to get more employees involved in the forum. I logged on and found out I really liked you silly bastards. Even though I am no longer an employee, I find it hard to be away from the silliness. We all have too much in common, even though some of you suck the big one

Love,
    advres

Only a place this large can contain my radness.

Yeah not really. It was because I had a sudden realization that ttips is for old dudes that suck ass.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post

yep

gunit130 Guest
    For the stoke, epicness, and nsfw.

Witness protection program.

This place is OK I guess

I met my husband from being on powmag.com. Best community I ever joined back in the day! This place has enabled me to meet some of my best friends as well.

I think that was 7 yrs ago now...
    you sketchy character, you

because I am iceman.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"