Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Faith No More

Faith No More

Rumor is Faith No More is reuniting for a Euro tour. Hope this is true and they come to US and A.

U.S. tour would be sick. I assume Mike Patton will be doing vocals instead of that other guy?

Falling to Pieces shuffled onto my ipod during this morning's walk to work, so I will claim some credit for the reunion.

advres Guest
    Saw them during their heyday with Helmet opening for them. It was an awesome show. Would love to see them w/ Patton again.

confused...i don't recall them ever touring as FNM post-Patton.

as far as i can recall, there have only ever been 2 "official" frontmen for FNM (not discounting all the rumors of the likes of Courtney Love and others fronting the band before they actually recorded an album).

first up was Chuck Mosely, who departed (ahem, was fired) in 1988. Then Patton. The next major line-up change came with the departure of founding guitarist Jim Martin.

my question is thus: will this be the "classic" line-up of Patton, Martin, Bottom, and Bordin?

my other comment is thus: this all pales in comparison to the recent news that the original line-up of Limp Bizkit is getting back together.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Are they bringing the fish with them? Is it still alive?

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post

as far as i can recall, there have only ever been 2 "official" frontmen for FNM (not discounting all the rumors of the likes of Courtney Love and others fronting the band before they actually recorded an album).

first up was Chuck Mosely, who departed (ahem, was fired) in 1988. Then Patton. The next major line-up change came with the departure of founding guitarist Jim Martin.

my question is thus: will this be the "classic" line-up of Patton, Martin, Bottom, and Bordin?
    I too was unaware of a different frontman, but I added that last line to my statement obviously claiming ignorance.

my other comment is thus: this all pales in comparison to the recent news that the original line-up of Limp Bizkit is getting back together
    I know you were joking, but DO NOT sully this thread by posting that bullshit. For serious, it's just wrong.

Never saw FNM in any incarnation.

However, I did see Mr. Bungle w/Patton, Imperial Teen w/Bottom, Ozzy Osbourne w/Bordin, Patton w/Rahzel, so I've seen 3/4 of the classic line-up in various incarnations.

as for LB, while not a fan, i caught them once at one of those commercial radio festivals and i gotta admit: they threw down hard. that band is tight and on point and Fred Durst's assinine frat boy antics aside, they are solid musicians (Borland is pretty sick on the six-string and DJ Lethal ain't half bad on the 1's and 2's). what was even funnier is that the chicka along with me was a devout feminist and while she balked when Durst pulled skanks from the audience and got them to take off their tops and bras and flash their ta-tas all around the stage, she later admitted that she quite enjoyed the show (and made me swear that i wouldn't tell her fellow feminists that she had said so).

anyway, what would be sick would be a Mr. Bungle/FNM double bill.

that said, anybody else getting kind of tired of all these "reunions"? I mean RATM last summer, FNM, Limp Bizkit, Phish this year...damn, we might as well start pressuring Chris Cornell to give up his hip-hop dreams with Timbaland and get frickin' Soundgarden back together for pete's sake.

it's like Jordan and Magic all over again...when you retire/break-up, stay retired/broken up!

(of course i'm still patiently waiting for Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett to reunite with Genesis and do a proper recreation of the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway shows)

Never been a huge FNM fan, but I do share the same name as the lead singer.

BSS Guest
    I agree that reunions are a bit overrated, especially when the lineup barely even resembles the og incarnation. But if it's a genuine Martin/Patton gig we're talking about, I'd probably drive 500 miles for it.

Al long as they promise not to play We Care A Lot.

i think what gets me about a lot of the more recent high profile reunions is that it feels like it's more about the money and less about the art.

the police got back together and made bukoo bucks just touring. RATM did the same. The Pixies did the same. Iggy and The Stooges did the same. Van Halen/David Lee Roth, ditto. I can't help but feel that this is the primary reason FNM, Phish, and Limp Bizkit are reuniting.

in the case of The Police, RATM, Van Halen, and The Pixies, none of those groups made new music, they just got together and toured on the nostalgia factor and cashed in on starving fans. At least Roger Daltry and Pete Townshend made an album recently to warrant their continued reunion as The Who.

I, personally, would rather hear some new FNM material to get me stoked about seeing them live.

But that's just me, the jaded music critic speaking out the back of his mouth.

Funnily enough, just over the summer I pulled out FNM's Mike Patton catalog (well, everything except The Real Thing) and found that Album of the Year held up quite well (or was it King For A Day?). Either way, i spun Angel Dust, KFAD, and AOTY and found that I still quite enjoyed their quirkiness. So, that just brings me back to my rant about rather hearing new music than seeing them on tour playing the old hits. It would be great if the reunion was because they mended broken fences and found new, intriguing creative juices to boil.
    Last edited by dookey67; 02-25-2009 at 10:14 PM.

No, but they did pre-Patton.

hmmm:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...no-more-r.html

would this make it Faith More Or Less?

Heh - video FAIL.

Funnily enough, just over the summer I pulled out FNM's Mike Patton catalog (well, everything except The Real Thing) and found that Album of the Year held up quite well (or was it King For A Day?). Either way, i spun Angel Dust, KFAD, and AOTY and found that I still quite enjoyed their quirkiness. So, that just brings me back to my rant about rather hearing new music than seeing them on tour playing the old hits. It would be great if the reunion was because they mended broken fences and found new, intriguing creative juices to boil.
    King for a Day rules more than most albums out there. I listen to Angel Dust every now and then, and I should really revisit Album of the Year sometime soon.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

anyway, what would be sick would be a Mr. Bungle/FNM double bill.
    I just jizzed myself thinking of that. Thanks a lot.

The album "California" by Mr. Bungle is just pure win in every way imaginable.

Sweet! I'd love to see FNM again. Don't really care about Jim Martin, he wasn't on board for KFAD or AOTY. Saw both those tours at the Warfield, gotta think even if they only tour Europe there's gonna be at least one warmup gig, probably in the Bay.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Patton's best work

funny...
    Last year's rumours were confirmed in a statement released this week by Patton's publicist. Buried at the end of a long blurb about Crank 2: High Voltage – a film of great interest to everyone, we're certain – is news to stop the hearts of impatient Faith No More fans.

"[Patton's] upcoming schedule includes a performance with labelmates Zu," the statement reads, "the Coachella [festival] with Rahzel ... and the highly anticipated reunion tour with Faith No More in Europe this summer."

Patton's alternative metal band have not released any music since 1997's Album of the Year and have not performed together since 1998. Though fans have spent the last decade pushing for a reunion, tensions between former bandmates – and Patton's cavalcade of other projects – have prevented this dream from becoming a reality.

In a way, this offhand reference is the most appropriate place for a reunion announcement. Patton's mixed-up priorities were blamed for Faith No More's dissolution, and it seems fitting that their reunion should in turn be a distraction from projects like, er, the Crank 2: High Voltage soundtrack.
    New songs would be cool, but I would be happy with the old stuff live.

well, i for one, AM FUCKING STOKED!!!

please play switz, please play switz, please play switz...

advres Guest

^oh the irony...

^oh the irony...
    Please explain.

Patton slagging Wolfmother for rehashing the past (i.e. sounding like Zeppelin) when now he's about to go out on a tour where he will be playing nothing but old FNM songs, basically rehashing/reliving his past.

yeah, but who is creating new music that sounds like the past? not so ironic. you gotta give mike credit on who is actually creating new and diverse sounds. plus i give mike a pass on that one considering he is a true musical genius, a term that you won't ever use describing wolfmother.

for the record, i liked wolfmother...for about a month. i can't even listen to them anymore due to their staleness. however, i will be listening to mike's music in one form or another probably for the rest of my life.

one of my faves: