it's tempting to always complain and just contribute negative stuff... and it's far too rare when I take time out to compliment truly admirable service... but I will here!

I have a small camelback snoangel, bought off backcountry.com which I use for inbounds skiing and to carry car keys, cliffbar or cookie, ID and cash for post ski drinking etc. I love the pack and it's a great size for me, never freezes up and with regular cleaning I've never had it get funky smelling or anything.

I wanted to try and use it for trail running, which I'm doing a lot of lately and as I'm getting into longer and longer runs into the woods needing to carry more water than a fuel belt allows. I felt like I could use the my skiing camelbak, but when I just tried it on a 6 mile run around golden gate park (just to test) it almost felt like it needed another strap. Mainly, it has a strap cut for women which goes across your boobs, but I was thinking for running it also needed something to go more around the torso... because you kind of jostle around when running, particularly when you're like me and lumber along like a snuffleupagus!

Anyways, I called camelbak's customer service to see if they had a different pack they recommended for women's running, or if they could tell me where to buy some more straps to try and convert my current pack.

The service rep, Ryan, offered to put a couple straps in the mail to me, two separate types of straps showed up at our apartment one day later. I tried to tell him I would pay for the straps, or at least the shipping, but he refused.

Big props to camelbak for 1.) not trying to sell me something I didn't need and 2.) sending the parts I needed promptly and with no charge. Thank you, Camelbak!