Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    i dont get the whole, i'm not going to shows because it's not the same anymore sentiment. of course it isn't. i have friends that are deadheads that haven't seen phils band. they fucking kill it. and no i am not looking for a replication of the GD, but why not go see great musicians playing excellents songs for a few hours. there are plenty of good times to be had. sitting at home and listening to streams or discs while enjoyable cannot replicate the live scene, and vibe of a great show.

i for one cannot wait to make more memories with my friends from college (class of 86) that i toured with extensively back in the day . ( we also and ski and BC ski together frequently).

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    i dont get the whole, i'm not going to shows because it's not the same anymore sentiment. of course it isn't. i have friends that are deadheads that haven't seen phils band. they fucking kill it. and no i am not looking for a replication of the GD, but why not go see great musicians playing excellents songs for a few hours. there are plenty of good times to be had. sitting at home and listening to streams or discs while enjoyable cannot replicate the live scene, and vibe of a great show.

i for one cannot wait to make more memories with my friends from college (class of 86) that i toured with extensively back in the day . ( we also and ski and BC ski together frequently).
    I think the difference in opinion is that some disagree that "they fuckin kill it."
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

^^ I guess ST J, but i suggest giving the second set a listen.

http://www.archive.org/details/plf20...oeps_64_24_bit

or start with the unbroken chain->wharf rat-->help-->slip--frank-->ikyr--> attics encore. i think you'll enjoy it.

Meh... Donna ruins everything she touches.
    Try this instead: http://www.archive.org/details/gd198...5.sbeok.flac16

This might be helpful to those looking to save a SB.

If I'm "letting the genie out of the bottle" let me know and I will pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockneed Man View Post
    Meh... Donna ruins everything she touches.
    Try this instead: http://www.archive.org/details/gd198...5.sbeok.flac16
    I laughed because, unfortunately, it's true ( not quite always.)

Quote Originally Posted by Staggerwing View Post
    This might be helpful to those looking to save a SB.

If I'm "letting the genie out of the bottle" let me know and I will pull.
    Outstanding. Can't wait to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

I want software to simply remove Donna's voice....many a 'meh' show would become outrageously good.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

saw donna fuck up a sugaree with jackie greene and a you aint woman enough with assembly of dust at gathering of the vibes last summer. the female singer from dark star orchestra is soooo much better and gives you a feel for what a dead show with actual female harmonies would have been like.

Donna's been singing with a friends band for the last few years (Well I guess it's HER band now, since they're called the Donna Jean Godchaux band with Jeff Mattson). Jeff has been playing Garcia licks note for note since high school (late '70s, holy crap I'm old) and was in one of the better Dead cover bands at the time (Volunteers and Zen Tricksters). He has never had a real job in his life, He's one of the few people I know who can actually make a living playing music.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I want software to simply remove Donna's voice....many a 'meh' show would become outrageously good.
    Sweet. Once you invent this can you start with all of the June '74 shows?
    Last edited by Fritz; 03-13-2009 at 10:52 PM.