Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I can't place his name but that's not Macho Man Randy Savage. He's not trying to be funny. At the time, he actually thought that he was looking "extreme."
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I'll answer this question in a serious tone.

Extreme skiing=if you fall, you die

[/thread]

This was the conversation/debate we all had with McConkey at the 97' extremes in the Butte.

Thus, the term Freeskiing. McConkey found it laughable to call skiing at CB "if you fall you die skiing"...and he was totally right....not that CB terrain isn't some of the rowdiest in-bounds shit around, but in comparison to REAL extreme skiing, (watch Steep) it's completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post

[/thread]

This was the conversation/debate we all had with McConkey at the 97' extremes in the Butte.

Thus, the term Freeskiing. McConkey found it laughable to call skiing at CB "if you fall you die skiing"...and he was totally right....not that CB terrain isn't some of the rowdiest in-bounds shit around, but in comparison to REAL extreme skiing, (watch Steep) it's completely different.
    Well, 2 people have now died in "freeskiing" competitions... even though it's not that "extreme".

Sorry it's not up to your standards. I guess sending it to virgin pow in bluebird conditions is a lot gnarlier than hucking to hardpack gnar in peasoup. There are a lot of no fall zones at comps too, hence competitors with career ending injuries, amputations, and long hospital stays, and worse. I watched a girl 2 years ago fall and tumble down through the headwall unconscious, I'm pretty sure she broke her hip and dislocated her shoulder and lacerated her head/face pretty badly. Some "freeskiing" comp that is.

[/thread]

Thus, the term Freeskiing.
    The term Freeskiing as different than Extreme was around way before your '97 comp.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Well, 2 people have now died in "freeskiing" competitions... even though it's not that "extreme".

Sorry it's not up to your standards. I guess sending it to virgin pow in bluebird conditions is a lot gnarlier than hucking to hardpack gnar in peasoup. There are a lot of no fall zones at comps too, hence competitors with career ending injuries, amputations, and long hospital stays, and worse. I watched a girl 2 years ago fall and tumble down through the headwall unconscious, I'm pretty sure she broke her hip and dislocated her shoulder and lacerated her head/face pretty badly. Some "freeskiing" comp that is.

Yeah, and people die on green runs at Keystone way more...usually by hitting trees.
    Is that EXTREMO too?

I know you're like the raddest fucking chick ever doing the raddest shit ever with the raddest people ever in the raddest terrain ever........

Please tell us where the "RAD!!!!" indicator should be on this subject too.

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    The term Freeskiing as different than Extreme was around way before your '97 comp.
    Not when applied to comps. Check your history. It's no coincidence freeskiers.org came about at the same time. (also started by McConkey)

If you fall you die.

I would also say that this thread and the replies thus far have made me a tgr fan for life. Now I just have to do something worth writing about...

When you see this:

That means the shit is on fo reelz yo...

Case in point:

Is doesn't get much more hardcore than Peak 8 at Breck. fkna.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YCX4KDA96o"]YouTube- Tarpon Fly Fishing In The Lower Keys[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BawvaQeBjoM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- The Bad, the Rad, and the Mono Part V[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzzx0QdaZyw"]YouTube- UNDERWATER TARPON FISHING[/ame]

I thought extreme skiing was where you close your eyes and wait...
    Just wait.

If you make it down, you are extreme. If you don't, you probably got very hurt and may have died, which would support this is some form of extreme skiing, you fall you die.

YOU FALL YOU DIE! Now to get one of those airbag vests for avalanches they have been developing in BC. WIth a parachute for drag and an avalung. I would be in total gear lover heaven.

Two summers back, it snowed 3 feet at Las Leñas in mid June and they had worn their base down to just about 8 inches. We took an off piste run where there had been no snow the previous couple days and I skiied a rock field that provided ample core shots, a few toe catches and an enormous cartwheel flip that will never be lived down. I would hazard to say I earned a JONG point on that run but made up for it after we landed and got on Marte. Next run... I killed it. BTPU

Yeah, and people die on green runs at Keystone way more...usually by hitting trees.
    Is that EXTREMO too?

I know you're like the raddest fucking chick ever doing the raddest shit ever with the raddest people ever in the raddest terrain ever........

Please tell us where the "RAD!!!!" indicator should be on this subject too.
    Jesus, do I need a restraining order?

this guy is pretty extreme

the only xtreme people at freeskiing comps are the ones sponsored by mountain dew...everybody knows that.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerjames View Post
    this guy is pretty extreme

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I think I just shit my knickers, I had no idea the Macho Man Randy Savage was a dirt skier but I should have figured as much. With rear entries, no less. Fuck, that is extreme. Why do I feel like we're two seconds from where he snaps into a slim jim?? I bet he's skiing to Chuck Norris' wasteland cottage where they're gonna flash-cook a pot roast by placing it between them during a staring contest. It's gonna be fuckin' extreme.
    that is extreme

[/thread]

You were in the CB comps in 1997 with Shane?
    what, were you the gnarliest gnar gnar 12 year old ever born?
    You must be Chuck Norris illegitimate love child.
    Or maybe it was Macho Man Randy Savage
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    that is extreme

You were in the CB comps in 1997 with Shane?
    what, were you the gnarliest gnar gnar 12 year old ever born?
    You must be Chuck Norris illegitimate love child.
    Or maybe it was Macho Man Randy Savage
    Actually, Shane was out with a knee injury that year and started the IFSA.

And Gonads, I'm not looking for a battle with you.

Taking my post butthurtedly out of context, then having me respond doesn't constitute a restraining order, guess you're not used to the interaction.

Not my fault your sleds in the shop again. Now I have to endure your ski-poo butthurtedness....get a Cat already.

McConkey skied a streambed in "1999", retired five minutes later and then declared himself an ex-stream skier. As usual, he nailed it.
    Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.

Actually, Shane was out with a knee injury that year and started the IFSA.

And Gonads, I'm not looking for a battle with you.

Taking my post butthurtedly out of context, then having me respond doesn't constitute a restraining order, guess you're not used to the interaction.

Not my fault your sleds in the shop again. Now I have to endure your ski-poo butthurtedness....get a Cat already.
    I've had it back for a week actually, and have been skiing pow, and its about to be bluebird for the next 2 weeks. Couldn't be happier. Then again, since you're no longer on my fb you wouldn't know that.

Please find someone else to e-stalk.

Quote Originally Posted by LightlyToasted View Post
    McConkey skied a streambed in "1999", retired five minutes later and then declared himself an ex-stream skier. As usual, he nailed it.
    If I recall the preferred term was "Former-Stream Skier."

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Didn't you see my cross over?

"Extreme skiing is for very few young people. When I was skiing very steep slope I cannot make a mistake. If I made one, I shall be not here to talk about it." -Sylvain Saudan

I've had it back for a week actually, and have been skiing pow, and its about to be bluebird for the next 2 weeks. Couldn't be happier. Then again, since you're no longer on my fb you wouldn't know that.

Please find someone else to e-stalk.
    I thought bluebird wasn't RAD!!!!!!!
    Don't flatter yourself.

Nobody could ever think you're as awesome as you do.

Claiming people are "stalking you" (when they're simply responding to your ridiculously insane posts) is only another indication of your delusions of grandeur, which only points towards your megalomania.......

Like I said, don't flatter yourself.....projecting that I have any interest in you is beyond pathetic.

You go girl!!!!!!

I thought bluebird wasn't RAD!!!!!!!
    Don't flatter yourself.

Nobody could ever think you're as awesome as you do.

Claiming people are "stalking you" (when they're simply responding to your ridiculously insane posts) is only another indication of your delusions of grandeur, which only points towards your megalomania.......

Like I said, don't flatter yourself.....projecting that I have any interest in you is beyond pathetic.

You go girl!!!!!!
    Here's the 97 results. Were you in?

fawk - here it is:
    Many friends in there.

Men:
    1. Brant Moles: 82.2
    2. Dave Swanwick: 79.8
    3. Aaron McGovern: 72.0
    4. Denis Rey: 71.2
    5. Rollins, Robby: 71.0
    6. Nobis, Jeremy: 69.6
    6. Kennett, Scott: 69.6