Exclamation HELP! Need a REALLY good tax person ASAP!!

Who do you trust?

I need some help with a IRS letter I got today regarding last years taxes. They are saying some shit I don't believe is correct, especially after reviewing my return.

Please PM me with any info you have so it comes right to my phone email.

Thank you,

Buzz

Also any tax mag here willing to let me ask a few questions?

I am buggin out right now hardcore. If they are right and I did make a mistake I am in a world of trouble. crap shit there is nothing I can do till Monday too.

Thank you so far. I am reaching out here, I need help and this is the place I am turning to. I am not even sure I understand completely.

just post your issue, you dont need to be a tax person to answer it, i assure you. Or pm me and ill ping accountant buddy on facebook.

Sending PM. My tax person is in Colorado, though. But she may answer your calls on the weekend if it's an emergency.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

What state are you in?

This guy (Boulder, Colorado) is the best tax person I've ever used (and I've used a lot.) I have had some very complex tax issues over the years, and he's nailed them all.

http://www.tomhealycpa.com/

Don't freak out yet: I got a letter from the IRS saying I owed them money. I called the 800 number and talked to a very helpful operator, explained the situation and the whole thing was resolved in minutes...

If they made a mistake they seemed very reasonable to me, no need for lawyers or cpas in my case.

posi vibes your way - and wanted to let you know I am NOT a good tax person.

Yes I am an accountant - and yes I know enough to be dangerous with taxes, but tax law changes every year and I have not kept up in the last few years.

--Just wanted you to know that I am not holding out on you.

Whatever you do go with a CPA at a tax firm. NOT H&R Block types.

Quote Originally Posted by Alek View Post
    Don't freak out yet: I got a letter from the IRS saying I owed them money. I called the 800 number and talked to a very helpful operator, explained the situation and the whole thing was resolved in minutes...

If they made a mistake they seemed very reasonable to me, no need for lawyers or cpas in my case.
    2nded. I got a "you owe us big bucks" letter a few years back. Got on the phone w/ them - and talked it over.

I owed nothing and they were very helpful in getting it resolved.

Talking to them on the phone is a good first step.

Utah. I have my print outs but lost the HD where my file was and the backup is missing, so I can't see my calculations.

Need to call for sure and then go to someone good if things are not resolved.
    Thanks for the continued PMs!
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 02-21-2009 at 10:20 AM.

CS has done our taxes the past 3 years. He and his fam are way good if you want to PM him.
    you sketchy character, you

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Who do you trust?

I need some help with a IRS letter I got today regarding last years taxes. They are saying some shit I don't believe is correct, especially after reviewing my return.

Please PM me with any info you have so it comes right to my phone email.

Thank you,

Buzz
    My account here in Logan is good; works at a well-established firm. He does my personal and business accounting and tax returns. Let me know if you want his number.

Well, the good news is I JUST found a copy of my return on an SD card thank God!!!
    The bad news is I just confused myself even more. Well, yes and no. Thought I knew where to start but now I am not sure.
    I certainly need a professional now.

AC, do you have an phone# for CS? I would love to talk to someone I know over the phone to ask how best to proceed. If he would even be willing to do this.

2P, hit me!

Wondering if I need to sit down with someone one on one of can do this telecommuting style?????

By blood pressure is probably through the roof, just in a holding pattern till Monday, stressin'.

/blog from a stresser

I guess you CAN'T write off hookers and blow...

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    I guess you CAN'T write off hookers and blow...
    Yes you can. "Hookers" goes into category ADDITIONAL STAFF/PERSONNEL or MARKET RESEARCH and "blow" goes under YEARLY MEDICAL EXPENSES or MARKET RESEARCH.

Today has been fun.

I got a really nice woman at the IRS and things could be worse.