Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    HFB - How's the rod and schedule shaping up?

Maybe a short rod building/spinning TR from Papa HFB???

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty
    Maybe a short rod building/spinning TR from Papa HFB
    1+

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    1st/2nd week of June would be sweet for me. I have a nice annual trip planned around then. (Colorado).
    The rod will be hauling stripers in Rhode Island at that time
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

This is a great idea....

Optimus Prime
    Alaska
    Beginning of August

Should be in early next week. We may have a few options as he's got a couple of 6wts coming in. I'll keep you all posted.

*OPTING OUT of TGR Traveling Rod...

Ahh, guys, interviews now showing up...think my schedule for free time isn't gonna be that etched in stone this Spring. *Think I might as well back out of the rod-swap thru me...now & maybe free up any days..
    *BUT..will be watching for any rod-rollin' video!

STeveD

HFB,

If you are starting this off in MI durng the month of March we may be able to make a hand off. I have a cottage in the thumb right outside of Port Austin. I would love to get a chance to help show of the great lakes. I do live in Denver, but I'm in Michigan on a monthly basis. Where are you located?

If the logistics don't work out in MI. Please use me as filler in the CO front range. As I mentioned previously, I can get a 2-3 day turn around with "Rod" especially if a hand off takes place.
    The beatings will continue until moral improves!

Dibs on the weekend of may 1st(if possible). Just booked a trip to WY. with a buddy flying in from Michigan. Could switch to/from Durrr in Denver. I think also that a small pack of some sort should travel along with the rod for trinkets, flies, swag etc. can be passed along for the journey?
    "Pffffft, Please."
    Never, EVER, give them permission to enter your vehicle, the dogs are not coming.

I'm in. Doesn't matter when. I'm in Fort Collins and drive the I25 autobahn regularly between CoSprings and here for handoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrrr View Post
    HFB,

If you are starting this off in MI durng the month of March we may be able to make a hand off. I have a cottage in the thumb right outside of Port Austin. I would love to get a chance to help show of the great lakes. I do live in Denver, but I'm in Michigan on a monthly basis. Where are you located?

If the logistics don't work out in MI. Please use me as filler in the CO front range. As I mentioned previously, I can get a 2-3 day turn around with "Rod" especially if a hand off takes place.
    I'm up on the south shore of Lake Superior in the UP so it would be tough unless you want to make a trip up to the yoop. I'll be in the Baldwin area on April 15 for a week fishing down that way, but I had hoped to fish the rod and move it on by then.

Also, I'll get a spreadsheet started and try to put some names and dates on it. Maybe make it a little more logistically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
    I'm up on the south shore of Lake Superior in the UP so it would be tough unless you want to make a trip up to the yoop. I'll be in the Baldwin area on April 15 for a week fishing down that way, but I had hoped to fish the rod and move it on by then.

Also, I'll get a spreadsheet started and try to put some names and dates on it. Maybe make it a little more logistically pleasing.
    I would love to get up to the Yoop, but it is in a different universe from lower mit. Baldwin is cool! I do miss the big lakes...

Back to plan B, front range CO hand off. If I can get dibbs on weekend of June 19-22 sign me up. If not, plug me in on any date.
    The beatings will continue until moral improves!

Just an open invite if anyone is ever interested in fishing up this way if you're in the neighborhood. Give me a shout out. Big lakes or rivers I pretty much have it covered.

just saw this thread and while I don't visit the fishing forum often enough I would be down with taking the rod for a week or two. I could probably take a hand off from l8px and then drive it down to NYC area as I often visit family in NJ in the summer,

I have a spreadsheet done at work. I'll add you to it and try to get it posted up next week when I get back in. Rod should be ready by the end of next week at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    just saw this thread and while I don't visit the fishing forum often enough I would be down with taking the rod for a week or two. I could probably take a hand off from l8px and then drive it down to NYC area as I often visit family in NJ in the summer,
    I would hand it off at the monster rainbow pond.
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post
    I would hand it off at the monster rainbow pond.
    that is what I had in mind. It requires you giving me directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    that is what I had in mind. It requires you giving me directions.
    Well played.
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post
    Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this guys.

I'm in SW Montana and can pretty much take it just about any time of the year.
    Sounds like fun, we can get Lobstahmeatwad in the boat and take some pics of 3 mags fishing SW Montucky with this stick!

Quick update: TFO rod was a bust. I didn't like it at all. I had ordered the TiCr model and I don't know if it's intentional, but the bulk of the rod was grey/black and the ferrules were bright silver. Looked like hell. Anyway, my old man had a few Pacific Bay blanks on order as well so I picked up a 4 piece, 6wt and moved on. I've got a few of these in my quiver and they're a great rod and an excellent value. Lifetime warranty and all so we're set in case someone breaks it. Long story short, the guides are on and the wrapping begins today. I'll try to get a few pics while he's working on it. If all goes well it will be fished this weekend and possibly shipped out next week. More to come during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMatt View Post
    I'm in. Doesn't matter when. I'm in Fort Collins and drive the I25 autobahn regularly between CoSprings and here for handoffs.
    I am near Fart Collins as well and can do a hand off (60 miles away). I get down there occasionally on weekends when the wife wants to go shopping and what not.

Quick update: TFO rod was a bust. I didn't like it at all. I had ordered the TiCr model and I don't know if it's intentional, but the bulk of the rod was grey/black and the ferrules were bright silver. Looked like hell. Anyway, my old man had a few Pacific Bay blanks on order as well so I picked up a 4 piece, 6wt and moved on. I've got a few of these in my quiver and they're a great rod and an excellent value. Lifetime warranty and all so we're set in case someone breaks it. Long story short, the guides are on and the wrapping begins today. I'll try to get a few pics while he's working on it. If all goes well it will be fished this weekend and possibly shipped out next week. More to come during the week.

Must be nice to be retired. The old man started working on it Sunday afternoon. I stopped by after a quick trip to the river yesterday and it was spinning on the drying rack. I'll get some pics up. Based on what I have for a schedule it looks like I'll be sending it on to Burr next week.

Must be nice to be retired. The old man started working on it Sunday afternoon. I stopped by after a quick trip to the river yesterday and it was spinning on the drying rack. I'll get some pics up. Based on what I have for a schedule it looks like I'll be sending it on to Burr next week.
    Can you put the schedule up for us?

just a name, location and dates for each would do.
    Harvest the ride.

Ok, rod is done and will be fished this weekend!! I'm going to let my dad get his fix first, then I'll take a few laps on it and away she goes. I built a PVC shipping tube for it last night. Should be nice and durable for shipping purposes. Feel free to apply any stickers to it along the way. I'll try to start it out with a UP sticker to get going.

Alright, here's what I have based on the responses above as far as dates:

1. HFB, March
    2. Burr, March
    3. Warthog, April
    4. Mary Jane Hottie, May 1
    5. L8APX, May
    6. MakersTeleMark, 1st Week June
    7. Mushmouth, Mid-June
    8. AKPM, July 15-29
    9. Optimus Prime, Beg. August
    10. NippleHighPow, August
    11. WyoWill, August
    12. 72Twenty, August

ANYTIME:
    13. Schwerty
    14. Sagamoron
    15. igBand
    16. adipose
    17. Yeti
    18. telee
    19. GeoMatt

The guys who requested August are going to have to slug it out because it's a little heavy loaded in that month. Looks like some good openings in April and early July. We'll just have to keep updating on this thread. If there are others that jump in along the way we can add in where necessary. If the guys who requested it "anytime" want to jump in for a specific open date now's your chance. You should be able to just cut and paste the above dates and add your name to a specific date.
    Last edited by Happy Fun Ball; 03-19-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks for making this happen!!

...one issue on the dates, and I'm sure this is going to be the PITA of this whole process, my use dates of June 5th -14th are pretty tight. I'd need the rod by the 4th or I'm out completely.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.