Baker backcountry skiing

I want to get into ski touring (particularly in the Bellingham / Baker area). I'm a very good skier, in good shape, and have all the equipment (avy gear, 200 level avy class from Baker, skins, fritschis). I'm tired of counting on getting all my turns inbounds. I also really love getting out in the mountains to enjoy the beauty and getting some good exercise.

I don't have much experience skinning and im not familiar with the backcountry areas around here. It would be awesome if someone could show me around or help me get started and point me in the right direction. I have thought about heading out by myself (maybe heliotrope or something) but it's prolly not the safest thing to do and it's definitely not as enjoyable.

hit me up if anyone is interested. I can drive and pay for beers afterwards.

when you ski baker why don't you climb hemispheres and hook up with whoever else is doing the arm. It's pretty easy as there are always people hiking to ski those goods and lap chair 8. You just have to buy a lift ticket is all.

I'll most likely be up at Baker on Wed. 2/25 and am flying solo right now. Send me a PM and let me know if you'll be around.

I'm in the same boat you are. I'm just getting into touring and don't have a lot of experience(I was able to score some nordica TR9's for cheap though, apparently they were hot shit in 1996). I'm on the eastern side of the state right now, but come May i'll be back on the west side and am planning on doing Mt. St. Helens on skis a few times, hit me up if you want to do it, i've climbed it and it looked like it would be a fun one to ski.