FS: Fritschi Freerides & Garmont Megarides

UPDATE #1: Garmont shells have been sold, though I kept the Raichle tongues. (If interested, make me an offer.)

UPDATE #2: One pair of Freerides has been sold. I have one pair left; selling for $200.

UPDATE #3: 2nd pair of Freerides -- sold.

Everything in this thread is gone. Thanks, and to those that got this gear, I hope it provides many fantastic tours.
    _____
    I've got 2 pair of Fritschi Freerides for sale. I upgraded one pair to Freeride Pluses, and the other pair is on some skis that rarely, if ever, get used.

Both are the white/black model (i.e., more recent than the grey Freerides) and include wide brakes. The should be covered under BD's warranty program for at least another 1-2 years, I believe, as they are 05/06s [and I think BD covers models for at least 5 years].

NOTE: These are mediums and fit boot soles 280-335mm.

I'm thinking around $250 for them. I don't really have a need to sell them and will wind up using them eventually, so I'm not looking for a fire-sale. But... if you need a set at a good price, perhaps this will work out for both of us.

Below is a photo of one pair. Both sets are in excellent condition overall - functionally solid, with only some cosmetic marks.

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have a used pair of Garmont Megaride (shell only; size 26.0/26.5) that I might sell -- SOLD as of 3/1. I have no idea what a fair price is for them, and I don't have a picture at the moment. I can snap one if relevant. I'd say they're in solid, but well-worn, condition meaning scuffs on the cuffs/toe, wear on the bottom rubber, but still plenty of life left and the dynafit inserts are just fine.
    Last edited by upallnight; 03-16-2009 at 09:29 PM.

freerides

pm sent*******

I'm adding photos of the 2nd pair of Fritschi Freerides, as well as a photo of the Garmont Megaride shells.

No money has changed hands, though J-Roz above has expressed interest, and multiple local buyers are trying to arrange "viewings". I still consider all up-for-grabs.

As for the boots, as you can see I have the original box. The original (silver) tongues on the right have barely been used, as have the original cuff straps. When I snapped the photo, I left my Raichle tongues in there (not 100% sure I want to sell them; I'll put the original tongues back in). The after-market Booster straps are still attached (I can remove those and put the stock straps on).

I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to sell the boots, so I apologize for not cleaning off the soles from my last tour in them. I can certainly give them a good cleaning if it makes a difference.

I skied them with the Intuition Alpine Power Wrap liner (best liner ever, in my opinion) and highly recommend that combo for weight and a bit of improved stiffness.

Raichle tongues can be quite hard to come by (or expensive). They are not essential, but they do add stiffness to the combination, as do Booster straps.

Thanks for looking.

let me know how much you're thinking for the shells, I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    let me know how much you're thinking for the shells, I'm interested.
    i was thinking of $150 without the modifications, or $200 with (raichle tongues are either super-hard to come by, or go for up to $50 when they've had work done to carve out the front notch to make them work).

i'm basing the $150 on...
    a) core shot listed his at $240 (they had molded liners in 'em), but they went un-sold;
    b) patco21's sold for $75, but they had 2 owners.
    c) trainwreck is asking $100 in significantly worse shape.

these still have a ton of life left in 'em.

but...feel free to make an offer if you feel my price is wrong.

i am having a dialogue with one serious buyer, but he has not paid any money. that could happen fast, or perhaps he will disappear. i dunno. i'm in no rush to sell.

updated asking price of fritschis to $225.
    updated status of garmont shells to SOLD.

just to clarify for potential buyers, are you selling the fritschis as 225 each or 225 for both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    just to clarify for potential buyers, are you selling the fritschis as 225 each or 225 for both?
    Use your head.

On another note, BD does not warranty Freerides for 5 years. I think 1 year is max after initial purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    225 for both would be an insane price! unfortunately, i'm not under that much pressure to have a fire-sale.

Quote Originally Posted by powderface View Post
    Use your head.

On another note, BD does not warranty Freerides for 5 years. I think 1 year is max after initial purchase.
    this is correct. that said, i have had BD replace parts up to the 5-year limit. i think after that timeframe they stop stocking the replacement parts.

BD's warranty department kicks butt, as many around here know. i probably used the wrong terminology when describing it, but the warranty dep't is who you'd have to deal with if ever any replacement parts were needed.

in response to powderface & to help the sale;
    fwiw, i warrantied a part on my, at the time, 3 year old freerides, simply by calling BD, telling them what was wrong, and them sending me a new part in the mail, sight unseen to my broken one.

i was not the original purchaser, nor did they even care to ask if I was or if i had a receipt