Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Very interesting take. I hope you're correct.
    Same here, on both counts.

Unemployment 12.5%

Inflation 12.5%

Gold $1850 / oz

Dow 5350

This is not a prediction...more a statement. I have received no less than 10 calls from realtors in the past week. These are "cold calls" asking why I took my house off the market and if I'm willing to put it back on. I asked one of the agents if they were short on inventory or something. There was some hemming and hawing which I took to mean an emphatic "yes."

So this leads to my prediction for the real estate market. It's fuct for the next year at least. I'm holding on for dear life to this property until I can sell within 20K of my appraised price this last tax cycle. Otherwise, I guess I'll be that old lady sitting in her dilapidated house until she drops dead. Why oh why though does my house/trap have to be so far from skiing???

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    Unemployment 12.5%

Inflation 12.5%

Gold $1850 / oz

Dow 5350
    Going to be tough for inflation to be so high, unemployment so high, and the market so low

Inflation is good right now
    Decisions Decisions

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    This is not a prediction...more a statement. I have received no less than 10 calls from realtors in the past week. These are "cold calls" asking why I took my house off the market and if I'm willing to put it back on. I asked one of the agents if they were short on inventory or something. There was some hemming and hawing which I took to mean an emphatic "yes."
    Something doesn't sound right in that. Unless your RE market is in a silo insulated from the rest of the country?, The inventory of homes for sale is huge, ... maybe having gone down just a wee bit from a recent record high.