B100Quad vs Phantom 108 vs Motherships

I love my Rossignol skis, need advice on my next pair.

Me: 6'2", 220lbs, currently on 06 B4's 178. Great skis but ready for something longer, burlier. Ski steep crud, and fast.

Demo'd 08 189 Squads, way too burly for me.

Currently thinking 08 B100 Quads in 184 (on sale!), 09 Phantom 108's in 185, or maybe Line Motherships in 185. Coomba's are also a possibility.

Opinions ???

I think going up to the 19_ mothership wouldn't be that bad. Not a super stiff ski, has twintip for easy scrubbing of speed. It is the ski I want to buy anyways.

If you didn't like the Squads, I don't think you'll be a huge fan of the SC 108. I don't know about the 185, but the 195 is pretty fucking burly.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion View Post
    If you didn't like the Squads, I don't think you'll be a huge fan of the SC 108. I don't know about the 185, but the 195 is pretty fucking burly.
    +1

I haven't skied them but they don't feel more forgiving then the squads.

You might check out the Movement Goliath 191. Its not a burly as the Squads, but still fits in the charger category.

Ya if you didn't like the squads, SC108's are just a slightly fatter and slightly softer squad. They are basically the evolution of the squad. Also, I kinda doubt at your size the coomba's would be a great fit either. I'm interested in picking up some coomba's myself, but I'm 5'7/155. I think they'll be too soft for you. Haven't skied moterhships or b100 but I'd guess they would be the best suited for you of those options you've listed.

The Phantom 108's in 185 are alot softer than Squads. They are about the same flex as the B100 Quads, just wider.

Your B4's are one of the best all-around skis ever made.

Never skied Motherships, but would like to demo some.

I can't believe your that big and on 174 b 4's. I am 175 lbs and skied on 185's for years. I loved those things for everything except high speed and deep pow. I just can't believe those things held you up. How did you ski pow?

I been on 184 Squad for two seasons now. Great in boot top creamy hero snow or medium density pow, sinks like a submarine in blower pow. They want to be carving all the time which is fun on groomers and windbuff, but can get problematic in moguls and crud or pow on crust, which they have a tendency to hook up in. If your heavier and stronger, it's probably not so bad. I have heard that the 100 quads are softer, but have also heard there is no difference.

The Motherships in 185 sound sick, if your on a 174 b 4, those things will probably blow you away.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    I can't believe your that big

That's what your sister told me

Actually my B4's are 178, and they are a little short for me. At 94 underfoot, they were considered super-fat when I bought them. 4 years later, nobody thinks they are fat. So yes, I need to go longer and wider.

I definitely recommend the 185 motherships, its a super versatile ski and doesnt seem to be quite as stiff as the squads altho I havent skied them. If you want to ski steep crud the mothership will definitely handle you at any speed. They plow crud but still have a good bit of sidecut so they are great for some tighter tree skiing as well. Oh and Im 150# and on the 185.

The only drawback with the Mothership is their weight = heavy
    The B100 Quads are softer than the B-Squad. I've heard various things about them, but I think that if the weight of the ski is not an issue, I'd go with the Motherships.

I was on 178 b4's for a while, and they're a decent all-arounder. I've been skiing some 191 scott p4's a lot lately and they're a ton of fun. Soft enough to be playful, but stiff enough under foot to carve ok, and plow through chop decently. They're definitely not in the same category (stiffness wise) as the other skis mentioned here, but they're around the same width and they're a pretty good all around fairly-fat ski. I'm a lot smaller than you (5'8" 150ish), but the p4's might be worth looking at, especially since they can be had for pretty cheap.