Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone ever smoked crack?

So I am doing this staged photo story. It is kind of lighthearted (not funny, but not intense), but it is about being high on crack. I was wondering what kind of experience it is, as in the initial feelings, peak high, coming off, etc. I can only use 5 photos, and the first is going to be the subject smoking crack out of a lightbulb.

I took one photo already and my subject is running around pushing a shopping cart. It looks pretty weird, so I want to use that, and I can put it up soon once I edit it.

But yeah, if someone could outline the experience, that would be great.

*edited for stupidity.
    Last edited by single; 02-15-2009 at 11:01 AM.

I SMOKE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Around here you are more likely to find people who have smoked pole.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Yes. Once. When I was 19, I was hanging out with a friend in a dealer's(Joe) house when Mr. Big showed up unexpectedly. The guy rolled in wearing nothing but a pair of dirty jeans and a duffel bag with ten pounds of Mexican brick and a pistol. This is downtown Nashville and this nut is runnin around with two felonies in nothin but his pants, no shoes. Then he whipped out a big eight ball and a box of Arm&Hammer and demanded "where's that big spoon you had last time...." and started rockin the shit up over the stove in a big soup ladle. Then stuff got really funny and exciting. Mr. Big started insisting that we smoke ourselves nuts with joints full of bad weed and crack or obviously we weren't cool and couldn't be trusted. Hey, it's 95 degrees and no shirt, no shoes has a gun, why argue. Didn't help, after three or four sizzling sputtering joints, Mr. Big decided he had seen his ex-girlfriend around Joe's nieghborhood and soon he was grabbing the bag and yelling his head off about how he was "gonna cut you off." It took Joe about two beers and ten minutes of soft talk to defuse the mess and at this point Mr. Big was staring holes through me and my buddy. Whenever I saw the "this is your brain on crack" fried egg, I thought of that guy. Well, that and the fact that Joe partied so much that he blew his brains out a few years later.

I expect your project to have all the authenticity of Nancy Reagan preaching, "just say no." I guess you'll just have to stick with throttlin yourself while you jack it.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-14-2009 at 10:50 PM.

I've smoked it twice. The first time my buddy, who I knew liked coke, just yanked his car over in Seattle on the way home from the five point at night...there were 4 dealers just hanging out on the sidewalk...I was of course sketched out but I have a very strong will so I figured what the fuck, I'll try it. For me it was a relaxing, warm kind of buzz...it felt very good. It got weaker after that and eventually it just isn't a good feeling. I did it again about a year later and smoked a lot more...I felt like absolute dog shit. This was 10 years ago and I would rather cut my balls off than do that garbage again.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Thanks for the help. That is a great description. I might switch from frying bacon to frying an egg as a throwback to the commercial. Booner, any input on what your behavior was like during the high/coming down?

No weird behavior at all...similar to taking a couple vicodins for me, but with a slight cokey buzz...nothing crazy or intense.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I never compose a post here on TGR without taking a hit first.

That is the intro to it. Not entirely sure how the rest is going to pan out. Changed it to the mor ambiguous PCP cocaine white line.

This is a bit over the top with the whole white powder thing, but it is just for the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I expect your project to have all the authenticity of Nancy Reagan preaching, "just say no." I guess you'll just have to stick with throttlin yourself while you jack it.
    I have no idea what the second half of that means.
    Last edited by single; 02-15-2009 at 04:17 AM.

Bet Wells Fargo will luv your intro

All I know is that those eybrows need some tweezing.

They flow right up into the hairline, and down into the eye sockets.

So I'm concluding from your essay that snorting PCP makes hair grow.

I expect picture 3 to be the Wolfman.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    So I am doing this staged photo story thing. It is kind of lighthearted, but it is about being high on crack. I was wondering what kind of experience it is, as in the initial feelings, peak high, coming off, etc. I can only use 5 photos, and the first is going to be the subject smoking crack out of a lightbulb.

I took one photo already and my subject is running around pushing a shopping cart. It looks pretty funny, so I want to use that, and I can put it up soon once I edit it.

But yeah, if someone could outline the experience, that would be great. And if you could find out a way to involve bacon. I am thinking the initial photo, maybe in the kitchen with bacon sizzling in a pan with the person doing the whole lightbulb bit.
    Why not deal with something you have a clue about? Just a suggestion.
    It probably seems funny and cool to you now but trust me, this only makes you look
    • young,
    • sheltered,
    • and ignorant.

Your project couldn't be less cool.

Imagine a non-athletic, non-skiing, senior citizen in a desert state doing a "staged photo story thing" about backcountry skiing. Your project will be at least twice as lame. Stick to what you know.

btw, "staged photo story thing"? Really?
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

the pupils aren't blown in your second pic. try some photoshop.

[QUOTE[/IMG]
    I have no idea what the second half of that means.[/QUOTE]

Then refer to CliffHuckable's comments. The fact that you think that there is a lighter side to crack sez it all. Meth, coke and smack are for people on a suicide trip. I knew a guy(Joe) who flunked out of school, became a full time deadhead/dealer, trashed his life and blew his brains out. I knew another guy who got so spun on meth he hung himself. My best friend from college died in his sleep after snorting too much heroin. See, the stuff is a real barrel of laughs.

Book called Vice

This photo shoot has been done previously for a magazine called Vice. The guy actually had a nurse on the shoot, and had people willing to try drugs that they were not used to taking. Crack, Heroin, K. They took pictures of the users and described their reactions to the drugs.

Check it out - you can probably pick that book up at the library. It's full of some really interesting reading.

j.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Huckable View Post
    It probably seems funny and cool to you now but trust me, this only makes you look
    • young,
    • sheltered,
    • and ignorant.

Your project couldn't be less cool.

Imagine a non-athletic, non-skiing, senior citizen in a desert state doing a "staged photo story thing" about backcountry skiing. Your project will be at least twice as lame. Stick to what you know.

Well, I am sorry it offends you. I am not trying to make drugs funny or glamorous with this, nor is anyone going to see it but my photo class. It is what I thought of when I saw the assignment. And yes, it is a staged photo story.

edit* Looking back I can see where my first post would be misleading. Totally my fault, I sound like an asshole.

Poop, that book looks pretty nuts.

And core shot, yes, he is one hairy guy. Very wolverine-esque.
    Last edited by single; 02-15-2009 at 11:05 AM.

He looks strung out and drowsy after doing a line. You do know what coke does right? I doubt one would feel drowsy....

"a yin without a yang"

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    He looks strung out and drowsy after doing a line. You do know what coke does right? I doubt one would feel drowsy....
    You obviously have never been on a multi-day cocaine binge.

You aren't "offending" me or anyone else. But, at best, what are you doin?Recycling stale old imagery from Nancy Reagan's ludicrous "Just say No" campaign. The "fried egg" was a national joke, sonny boy. Why would you pick this topic, given that you don't have any experience with it whatsoever? And, that's a good thing, by the by, don't feel like you need to grab some baking soda and head down to the trailer park for enlightenment.

And another thing...if you ain't really from Compton...that's just more frontin that makes you look silly. Do you have any idea how many kids from Compton killed each other during the crack wars? Be who you really are, not what you saw in some rap video. I've met gangbangers and none that I recall would apologize for offending me.

Ha. Offend....that's funny. We used to have a bit of gallows humor. Imagine a frying egg and then a plate of scrambled eggs with ketchup. This is Joe's brain on drugs, that's Joe's brain on the floor of his girlfriend's apartment.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-15-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    You obviously have never been on a multi-day cocaine binge.
    I quit on day 1 when I ended up in a Springs hotel getting a back rub from Larry.

"a yin without a yang"

You should totally do a Photo Essay on Russian Roulette next. That would be so core and edgy.

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Ask YetiMan, he's the perfect candidate for crackhead on welfare.

You aren't "offending" me or anyone else. But, at best, what are you doin?Recycling stale old imagery from Nancy Reagan's ludicrous "Just say No" campaign. The "fried egg" was a national joke, sonny boy. Why would you pick this topic, given that you don't have any experience with it whatsoever? And, that's a good thing, by the by, don't feel like you need to grab some baking soda and head down to the trailer park for enlightenment.

And another thing...if you ain't really from Compton...that's just more frontin that makes you look silly. Do you have any idea how many kids from Compton killed each other during the crack wars? Be who you really are, not what you saw in some rap video. I've met ********ers and none that I recall would apologize for offending me.
    I don't really care if you dont think I have the "street cred" to shoot this. I didn't know it was off limits. Its not like I am trying to get this published, drugs just happened to be something that related well to the assigned theme for this project. I am not going to go to the projects and claim I have street cred because I convinced my friend to dress funny and let me take his picture snorting flour. Nor am I going to try to convince the other kids in my class that I am a badass for taking pictures of a middle class white kid looking strung out. I am just trying to finish a project that I started and get some input on what these drugs are really like so I can get a more accurate portrayal.

You can claim all you want telling me all the shit you have been through. Im sorry that your friend died. One of my best friends from high school OD'd, its nothing new. I have been around strung out friends with pistol grip sawed off berettas, some of them ended up in jail. Just because I haven't been high on that shit doesn't mean that I have never been around it.

Im sorry I didnt take the time to go find a crackhead and ask him if I could follow him around for a few days. I didnt feel like getting the shit kicked out of me.

And tippster, I hear the kids are really getting into russian roulette on the east coast these days. Something about the shitty skiing.
    Last edited by single; 02-15-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Why would you pick this topic, given that you don't have any experience with it whatsoever?
    You dont even know me man. How can you infer that from 2 posts on a forum?

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    You dont even know me man. How can you infer that from 2 posts on a forum?
    inference engine. The whole internet man, just one big inference engine.

"a yin without a yang"