Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FUCK Capital One

I came home today after a few hours of teaching and a few more of drinking to find a form letter from Capital One. Stating that my credit card rate was being raised from 9.9 to 17.9.So i call and was told due to the economic crisis they had to raise my rate. "had card for 10 yrs and always made payment'

Well fuck you capital one and the fucking horse you rode in on and stick my fucking credit card up your ass.You fucking douche bag ,scum suckin, lying sack of shit.

rant over
    I put forth this question and the question is,
    When i did your mother twice last nite did I get sloppy seconds ?????

It's not just Capital One. I got a similar letter from Discover Card a few weeks ago telling me the same thing, although the rate hike wasn't quite as bad. I had the "option" of not having my rate increased, but if I opted-out they would close my account requiring payment in full.

What other business can get away with changing the terms of a contract only to suit their own interests, aside from credit card companies and cell phone carriers? I sure as hell can't call up my mortgage company and tell them that due to the economic crisis I'll be lowering my interest rate to 3% and if they don't like it I'll be happy to stop paying my payments.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

It also hurts your credit to close a card. Found that out after I paid off a card and closed it. So I guess being in debt and having multiple cards is a good thing? The whole credit industry is a scam.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Use your points or miles and get a new card.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    It also hurts your credit to close a card. Found that out after I paid off a card and closed it. So I guess being in debt and having multiple cards is a good thing? The whole credit industry is a scam.
    Depends on how long you've had the card actually. Part of your credit report is based on the length of your oldest account. If you just recently got the card and still have older cards on your account, it won't hurt your credit score as much if you cancel the newer card, especially if it had a low credit limit on it. You should always keep the oldest card even if you don't use it at all anymore, just cut it up and forget about it.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensisnow View Post
    Depends on how long you've had the card actually. Part of your credit report is based on the length of your oldest account. If you just recently got the card and still have older cards on your account, it won't hurt your credit score as much if you cancel the newer card, especially if it had a low credit limit on it. You should always keep the oldest card even if you don't use it at all anymore, just cut it up and forget about it.
    I closed it, my oldest, in favor of a wellsfargo card. I bank with them so I can keep track of everything on one website. Oh well, it was only like a 20 point hit, but it was right before we bought a house. I was paying off debt and assumed that was a good thing. lol. I don't think it made any difference in the end, but really annoyed me at the time.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Capitol One has always sucked. Seems they continue to do the same.
    Gravity. It's the law.

My biggest gripe with Capital One is that they refuse to raise my credit limit above $1,000 even though I've maxed it out nearly every month since I got the card over a year ago and haven't missed a payment. They called me the other day hyping up some new rewards program that they have, but I can't build up miles for shit since they limit me every month. Every time that I ask them to increase it they say that they'll look into my account and notify me by mail in a couple of weeks. They deny it every time based on some new lame excuse, the latest being that I had too poor of a credit history, yet my FICO is over 800 with a perfect 7 year payment history. Bullshit.

Fuck Capital One.

You should always keep the oldest card even if you don't use it at all anymore, just cut it up and forget about it.
    Actually don't do this. You need to keep making purchases with that card (even if it's only a few dollars a month) because you need to keep the payment history going. If you don't charge anything in a given billing cycle then the payment doesn't show up as "on time" because there was no payment. If it's only a month every now and then, it doesn't matter. But if you're just sitting on a card like that it could lower your score. Yeah, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    Actually don't do this. You need to keep making purchases with that card (even if it's only a few dollars a month) because you need to keep the payment history going. If you don't charge anything in a given billing cycle then the payment doesn't show up as "on time" because there was no payment. If it's only a month every now and then, it doesn't matter. But if you're just sitting on a card like that it could lower your score. Yeah, weird.
    I always thought it was best not to use them at all, but it seems that you're right. This thread says to use them a couple of times/year to keep them active with the CC company. Good advice!

My biggest gripe with Capital One is that they refuse to raise my credit limit above $1,000 even though I've maxed it out nearly every month since I got the card over a year ago and haven't missed a payment. They called me the other day hyping up some new rewards program that they have, but I can't build up miles for shit since they limit me every month. Every time that I ask them to increase it they say that they'll look into my account and notify me by mail in a couple of weeks. They deny it every time based on some new lame excuse, the latest being that I had too poor of a credit history, yet my FICO is over 800 with a perfect 7 year payment history. Bullshit.

Fuck Capital One.
    Welcome to the club. I've had my capital one card since my sophomore year in college(almost 10 years now) and have never made a late payment, always paid the balance in full and have maxed it out plenty of times and still they refuse to raise the limit beyond $600. I have cards that have given me limits well beyond what I would ever imagine putting on them and have an excellent credit score but still capital one says no. I quit asking a few years ago and now I almost never use the card.

Since cc companies make no money off people who always pay in full on-time maybe they are brilliant. Why give more credit to someone they may not make any money on?? Either way Capital One sucks.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Capital One's commercials are far funnier than their competitors.

I have had it for 10 yrs and a verbal agreement of 9.9 for rest of my life.The upped my credit limit last year and i carry a balance,though never a large one.I pay more than my min on it and only missed 1 payment "it was 14.00".
    Just think its bullshit and will close it and open new cc account with my credit union.Dont care if its at a higher rate, Capital one can go fuck themselves.

i've paid all but one off and owe like 2500-3k and plan to get rid of that fckn thing in the next 3 mths. I'm struggling w/ just dropping the 3k and being done w/ it or paying 500 to a G a mth and doing it that way. The interest is fairly low. After that I'm done w/ cards. I'll have em but will quit using them or will knock them out so there is never a revolve.

I hate how as a society we take it in the ass around every turn.

I figure when I save up enough, which I'm close too, I'll move back to a mtn town.

You know, this kinda got me thinking. I have about 8 CC accounts. I use 2 of them. I have enough credit on those lines to probaly pay off half my house. I use each card about once a year - just a small purchase, gas or something - but I wonder if any have been closed, lowered, etc... I haven't paid any attention to them.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Capitol One runs some great commercials. I like the Santa/Xmas ad, the one with "Mrs. Claus is a lucky woman, sir." That was good.

They raised my APR a couple % points a few months ago. I immediately started putting everything on other cards. Once I pay off Capital One, I'm gonna cancel it.

I have never had a problem, yet, with Capitol One. I have had a card for at least 20 years use it five 10 15 grand a month, so maybe that's why they don't jack me a round.

I don't really care what they charge, since I, and everybody, should pay their cards off every month.

That being said, if they pulled that with me I would stop using it, since that is bull shit.

Don't close the card, just use it on rare occasion. There is no need, that I have ever heard to use it monthly.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

you guys who are having a hard time getting your limits raised: Try carrying a balance over one month. Just once, not even the whole balance, maybe $100 or so, and see if they don't raise your limit almost immediately. I accidentally learned this with Discover and imagine it's the same with others.

JJJJS is right, they don't want to lend you money for free.

pubes, how about transferring your balance to something with a better contract? Or go to your bank and get it paid off with a personal line of credit. Those have fixed interest rates. Just another good reason not to have credit card debt. And I think instead of "____" you should be using (____)
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

If you are mad about the interest rate, then stop carrying a balance. Even at 5%, there is no good reason to have CC debt. Live like a bum for a few months to pay it off if you have to.
    "Verily, my folly has grown tall in the mountains." - Fredrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

i paid mine off the other day with my tax returns and closed the account. Didnt know that hurt my credit? oh well, i already bought a house, the last thing i need to do is put anything on credit.

What other business can get away with changing the terms of a contract only to suit their own interests, aside from credit card companies and cell phone carriers? I sure as hell can't call up my mortgage company and tell them that due to the economic crisis I'll be lowering my interest rate to 3% and if they don't like it I'll be happy to stop paying my payments.
    They did not change the terms of a contract. The ability to change their interest rate with proper notice is part of the contract you agreed to.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So on Friday i receive an offer to transfer my balance to a capitol one card and i would get 0.0% for 1 yr.I call again and go thru 4 layers of customer service with out a reasonable answer to why jack my rate to 17.9% and why offer new card for 1 yr at 0.0%.I can not believe the douche bags that run corporate America are such slimy cock suckers.I can close my account and open new one but cant get a better rate than 17.9 on existing.Was told that they reviewed existing account and determined who has not has rate increase and raised them.Was also told that in the future they would review accounts again and may lower.Again FUCK YOU CAPITOL ONE AND I HOPE YOU ALL DIE IN FIERY CAR CRASHES.

rant done

Quote Originally Posted by pubes View Post
    So on Friday i receive an offer to transfer my balance to a capitol one card and i would get 0.0% for 1 yr.I call again and go thru 4 layers of customer service with out a reasonable answer to why jack my rate to 17.9% and why offer new card for 1 yr at 0.0%.I can not believe the douche bags that run corporate America are such slimy cock suckers.I can close my account and open new one but cant get a better rate than 17.9 on existing.Was told that they reviewed existing account and determined who has not has rate increase and raised them.Was also told that in the future they would review accounts again and may lower.Again FUCK YOU CAPITOL ONE AND I HOPE YOU ALL DIE IN FIERY CAR CRASHES.

rant done
    its business. just pay it off and move on. you can close the ONGOING account and pay the card off normally- it doesnt have to be paid off all at once. Then just use another card. Keep the 9.9%, stay chill, and dont use Capital One again.
    Decisions Decisions

I got the same letter a couple of weeks ago. I have been waiting until I go more points, but have been shopping around for another card. It's one thing to start with a high interest rate, but to raise the rate on a good and loyal customer is not right.