Canon double (triple) rebates this fall?

Anyone hear any rumblings regarding the rebate program? Given the state of the economy I think this would be a great time to put out the triple rebate program.

I'd be stoked to stock my quiver if available.
    The biggest problem with this wine was that it had more wood put to it than Jenna Jameson.

It'd be sweet, but any clue why they'd do it after bumping up all the prices due to the dollar/yen fluxes? Obviously they want to keep moving product, but some rebates are just gonna bring lenses back to pre levels.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Depends on the yen

Interesting, has this been determined already? I thought the rebates were structured under Canon USA and would not be as effected by FX. But, the international tax structure could have 100's of different scenarios, many of them very beneficial since it's an inbound operation.
    The biggest problem with this wine was that it had more wood put to it than Jenna Jameson.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jryoung View Post
    I thought the rebates were structured under Canon USA and would not be as effected by FX.
    the stuffs made overseas. Canon USA purchases it over the course of the year. As FX changes the profitability of the gear is affected as this price changes relative to retail and ergo MSRP.

See why NikonUSA raised some prices.