Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Hey, I'm no fan of Dice, but, I get the sense that he is well respected by the comedy community for his craft. Of course, we're talking about comedians, who, in general, are really fucked up people.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why Joe Rogan and I sat down and talked -- for more than 3 hours https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/13/healt...nce/index.html

I found myself kind of pissed listening to him talk over and debate a medical doctor about medicine. What an arrogant douche.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I found myself kind of pissed listening to him talk over and debate a medical doctor about medicine. What an arrogant douche.
    Please, Gupta is as much of a doctor as Dr Phil.

Amazing to see people are still worked up the fear factor guy got paid. Jealousy is definitely a factor for you.
    Live Free or Die

I thought Gupta's summary of Rogan was spot on:

It wasn't what Joe Rogan thinks that most interested me, it was how he thinks. That is what I really wanted to understand.
    Truth is, I have always been a naturally skeptical person myself. One of my personal heroes, the physicist Edwin Hubble, said a scientist has a "healthy skepticism, suspended judgment and disciplined imagination, not only about other people's ideas but also about their own."

It's a good way of thinking about the world -- full of honesty and humility. I live by that, and I think Joe may to some extent as well. He will be the first to point out that he is not a doctor or a scientist who has studied these topics. Instead, he seems to see himself less a rapscallion and more of a sort of guardian of the galaxy, pointing out the missteps made by large institutions such as the government and mainstream medicine, and then wondering aloud if they can still be trusted to make recommendations or even mandates for the rest of us. To many, he represents a queen bee in a hive mind, advancing free will and personal liberty above all else.

yeah but what about the just being a fucking idiot, doesnt matter if its real or true but it sells whatever ?

which is pretty much my take on Tucker Carlson and most of those alt-idiot types
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Joe Rogan is basically Oprah for dudes. Without the live studio audience. The sooner you all realize this, the easier it all is to comprehend. There can be some really interesting (and hilarious) guests and conversations, but don't take him too seriously.

I bet some of you make the same excuses for Alex Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Sanjay Gupta actually has a medical degree and has practiced as a neurosurgeon. Phil McGraw has a PhD in psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Joe Rogan is basically Oprah for dudes.
    The Dude would not listen to Joe. I can't see him watching Oprah, either, but for 10-15 seconds he'd tilt his head and take in her perspective and ponder it or comment humorously without being completely dismissive. Joe is what you get when you mix Donny's understanding and perceptiveness with Walter's overconfidence: the role gets cut.

Amazing to see people are still worked up the fear factor guy got paid. Jealousy is definitely a factor for you.
    He’s a practicing surgeon.

Heís a practicing surgeon.
    Please, you going under the knife by a guy more concerned about how white his teeth are on TV and wasting three hours with Joe Rogan?

No, and I wouldn't either, just like I wouldn't pay Dr. Phil a dime to be a shrink.
    Live Free or Die

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    opahs respected by a lot of peeps myself included
    rogan has fart sniffers
    that like his smells
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Please, you going under the knife by a guy more concerned about how white his teeth are on TV and wasting three hours with Joe Rogan?

No, and I wouldn't either, just like I wouldn't pay Dr. Phil a dime to be a shrink.
    Did you eat lead paint chips as a kid?

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Of course not but only because he hasnít been performing surgeries recently. He did step up and do brain surgery on a girl in Haiti a decade ago. Heís not Dr. Phil by any stretch.

MD bro figured 1/3 rd time was the least he could practice and stay sharp enough
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We get it - false equivalencies are your passion.

Gupta did the interview because he was trying to bridge the gap between Science and these cults of personalities.
    Rogan continues to gaslight and provide false statements like 'natural immunity is better' when it's not, especially in light of risks resulting from covid in the first place.

His equivocation of covid induced myocarditis versus vax induced myocarditis in children is beyond irresponsible.

Facts aside, Rogan is proof that being a smug asshole is all one needs for success in America.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

What an arrogant douche.
    You wait until the OP sees this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Surgeons famous for their humility and absence of extracurricular activities

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah but what about the just being a fucking idiot…
    Heh. Exactly.

He’s a practicing surgeon.
    Oops! Sorry, I was really wrong.
    There I fixed your answer, AR, to whatcha shoulda sed.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Of course not but only because he hasnít been performing surgeries recently. He did step up and do brain surgery on a girl in Haiti a decade ago. Heís not Dr. Phil by any stretch.
    Some would say worse, confusing patients for the ratings....

https://www.npr.org/2015/07/08/42108...ver-dual-roles

But funny how the standard polyass douches are all jumping the defense. One doth protest to much.

Itís a fucking podcast kids, stop being butthurt the fear factor guy is more successful than you are.

Itís fucking CNN kid stop being butthurt the millionaire, TV personality, neurosurgeon guy is more successful than you are.

Jealousy is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Sanjay Gupta actually has a medical degree and has practiced as a neurosurgeon.
    Dr. Oz was a practicing heart surgeon, he still has tenure at Columbia. It doesn't negate the fact that he's a fucking quack.

ETA: I've gotten to meet a lot of incredible surgeons over the past few years.. The really great ones aren't taking interviews on CNN because they're too busy working. Just because someone is at a big name institution doesn't make them god's gift to medicine, no matter how they carry themselves.