Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I guess no one skied powder before fat skis? lol.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

If you ski fast and aggressively and plan to do so in powder as well, get something stiff - generally with a sheet of metal in it like the Volkl Mantras or Dynastar Legend Pros. If you ski less aggressively, look for something softer like one of the K2 boards. Obviously, the best thing for you to do is hook up with a demo day at your local resort and try everything you can get your hands on.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

For piste off powder fun the RaxSki
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yir11kaR_Uw
    End of discussion bow-eeee

Quote Originally Posted by mtsprings View Post
    For piste off powder fun the RaxSki
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yir11kaR_Uw
    End of discussion bow-eeee
    That is an insane lift line run, where you think that is, europe?

And Rip van winter, go fuck yourself, jong piece of shit!

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    ...and oh yeah your an idiot.
    No YOUR an idiot!

[QUOTE=Core Shot;2254519]

yeaaa boyeee get'er done!

Hi Xarus! Had enough of this childish treatment after posing such a friendly and legitimate query? I bet you have! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you(as well as all of the lurkers and non-lurkers alike)to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarus View Post
    Ive decided to go for some fatter skies now, to get some control on the deep snows outside the track. I tried some twintips from a colleague yesterday (4FRNT VCT 175's), but I was wondering what kind of ski you would recommend for a guy my size.
    Xarus this may help :

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=powder+skis

AlpineZone invites trolling at AlpineZone for clean fun times.

I thought I was having fun.... Oh well.

If the OP is a troll, well then. If the OP is not a troll, there are good bits of info here. I am sure the OP could also use the [I]search[I] function to find even more bits of info. Or the OP can go to AZ where pictures of Suits on Snowblades are prohibited, along with any touch of sarcasm, or any dirty bad words.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG View Post
    If you ski fast and aggressively and plan to do so in powder as well, get something stiff - generally with a sheet of metal in it like the Volkl Mantras or Dynastar Legend Pros. If you ski less aggressively, look for something softer like one of the K2 boards. Obviously, the best thing for you to do is hook up with a demo day at your local resort and try everything you can get your hands on.

FNG, what happened to you man....you used to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That is an insane lift line run, where you think that is, europe?
    Insane indeed the raxski is a dream for those ultra tight lift line runs in Urrop and all over. They make it easy to turn quickly, make flat traverses from one side to the other and you look sooooo cool.
    They really shine ripping the big open bowls of the off piste pow. I like them better than snowblades.
    Last edited by mtsprings; 02-13-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi Xarus! Had enough of this childish treatment after posing such a friendly and legitimate query? I bet you have! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you(as well as all of the lurkers and non-lurkers alike)to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

I thought this was a joke at first.
    What a douchnozzle.

To the OP, go here and read the reviews, there's tons of info to help you pick a ski.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer"

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Where old Republican skiers go to die

Quote Originally Posted by Xarus View Post
    Thanks for the good feedback, people!

Im not that familiar with the 'lay of the land' here yet, but Ill keep tech-talk in mind the next time I come up with stupid questions!
    oh dayum i think its time for some schooling