BCA Customer Service Kicks Ass

Last week, I noticed the on/off switch on my Tracker was broken. I don't know how it broke and I explained that to the BCA rep I spoke to. I also mentioned I was going away soon and was wondering if I could expedite the "repair". He offered to send a replacement to me as soon as I could send him the tracking information for my return shipment. Well, I got a replacement two days later (the same day mine arrived at their office).

When I came home from work yesterday, I found another replacement had been shipped to me. Since BCA was so good to me, there's no way I could keep this "spare". Of course, if they offer it, I'd more than accept
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

+1 nothing but SUPERB experiences with BCA on multiple occasions.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

I can't say enough good stuff about them.

I just got my Smith Variant Brim helmet. Took it out of the box, tried it on, and noticed one of the ear flaps was a little "floppier" tha the other. The internal plastic thing was snapped. I called them to see if I could get a replacement part. They said, "No - send the whole helmet back on us, but in the meantime, we'll send another out for you. Sorry for the problem."0 That was on Wednesday, and I'll have it today (Friday).

That's pretty damn cool.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Same thing happened to me. Tracker on/off switch broke and they sent me a new one, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I can't say enough good stuff about them.

I just got my Smith Variant Brim helmet. Took it out of the box, tried it on, and noticed one of the ear flaps was a little "floppier" tha the other. The internal plastic thing was snapped. I called them to see if I could get a replacement part. They said, "No - send the whole helmet back on us, but in the meantime, we'll send another out for you. Sorry for the problem."0 That was on Wednesday, and I'll have it today (Friday).

That's pretty damn cool.
    That is pretty damn cool.

But I think you have BCA confused with backcountry.com...

Actually, I know the guy that did the DFM (design for manufacture) on the BCA tracker after Hereford came into the shop with the design sketched by hand on 10 sheets of paper. The built cost on the BCA DTS for the original run (at that time) was around $90, most of which was the plastics. I'm sure it's closer to $60 now.

So they can send you at least 1 more if you break it again. Heck, you already paid for it.

Not saying that's not good customer service from BCA, but they are charging you enough so they can give you a couple free ones if you break them.
    Last edited by coreshot-tourettes; 02-06-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    That is pretty damn cool.

But I think you have BCA confused with backcountry.com...

D'oh!!!!! Yep. I bet BCA rocks too...
    Gravity. It's the law.