Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bozeman March 16

I realize they aren't having such a great winter, but hopefully feb. will bring some heavy dumps. I've scheduled a trip to Bozeman to stay with my brother who attends MSU. Bringing AT setup and Alpine, any advice? Skied Big Sky when I was 15, haven't been to MT since. Any good places to check out? Any good restaurants, ski shops that should be worked into my sched.? Most of my time will be spent at Bridger, but I don't want to hike the ridge for 5 days. Any input is welcome.

Hyalite Canyon, La Parilla, Naked Noodle, Pickle Barrel in Bozo, Beehive Basin & Wrap Shack if you make it to Big Sky.
    God Speed.

If you don't want to hike the ridge, ride the new lift. It's sick.

Just don't get caught traversing across the upper Mundy's face or god will strike you down.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

py montana winter trumps sweet NH winter any day.

well I don't live there so I can't comment on the Montana side, but our winter has been fair-midland to be conservative. Thanks for the advice guys. Any good places for touring? Not looking for your secret bowl or chute, just some good spots.

well that's my birthday so i'll be cruising greens at big sky, blacked out drunk

I will be heading that way end of Feb, thanks for the input.

Pray for snow.
    http://momentskis.com/
    See you when Kauai freezes over.

Lemme know if you come to BS
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

snowpack isn't looking all that great for touring
    http://mtavalanche.com/current/

yea new lift at bridger is sick so theres a bunch more terrain and hiking the ridge really isnt hiking the whole ridge.. lots of fun stuff to play on at moonlight and big sky if we get decent snow by then. and check out starkys in bozeman! skier specials daily (wings & berr) good food & beer, usually playin ski movies, and live music most thursday friday saturdays.. legit

bump bump

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    If you don't want to hike the ridge, ride the new lift. It's sick.

Just don't get caught traversing across the upper Mundy's face or god will strike you down.
    who made you god?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by becks View Post
    yea new lift at bridger is sick so theres a bunch more terrain and hiking the ridge really isnt hiking the whole ridge.. lots of fun stuff to play on at moonlight and big sky if we get decent snow by then. and check out starkys in bozeman! skier specials daily (wings & berr) good food & beer, usually playin ski movies, and live music most thursday friday saturdays.. legit

nice plug becky
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

bump trip is coming up

bump....

I'll be around.
    dont be afraid of hiking for 5 days, its usually worth it. if you are worried about hiking slow, dont. just hang out with me and you'll look like a hiking god.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

FINALLYYY we got some snow here! moonlight was pretty good today and its supposed to keep on snowin through the week... lets get our winter back on! keep er comin

I've heard the terrain on the new lift is worth it, even though the line might take a little longer than you'd expect. And there's gonna be some rock&roll up at whiskey jack's & bigsky the 20th and 21st which should be fun regardless of the snow conditions.

it's a double right?

its a slow, fixed grip double with hardly any chairs on the line. i think uphill capacity is around 500/hour.

the lines arent too bad really. once the initial crush gets up the hill after the lift opens, people are hiking everywhere from saddle to d-route so it takes a while to get back down.
    Ben Franklin

low budget....did they recycle this thing?

yeah, it's actually the old p-dog from the bird.

oh shit, you just wait til you get here. even recycled it's one of the newer chairs on the hill. there are no detachable lifts at BB and most of the chairs are old riblets dating from the 70s
    Ben Franklin

haha, i could care less...i just want to ski some real snow. hopefully the gears keep turning up there

how was today?

if you like bluebird pow, it didnt suck