Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 100' +

Seriously - if he traveled 100 vertical feet (he did - his distance traveled in the air is far greater) then what's the difference if only 50 of it was rock face? Why is this so important to you?

Do you honestly think that if any of the professional rockstars landed 40 feet below a 60ft. cliff face they wouldn't claim it?

Tippster: The only reason I care is because if someone else hits this same thing, but lands where you can see the earlier bombhole, they say it is a 100+ because this thread called it a 100+. I think the way MD9 hit this thing and where he landed is a huge difference from someone plopping off this thing. But it is still the same cliff. It is like skiing a line in low snow vs. epic year. Seems like "claiming" something around here is a big deal and I think it is annoying. And just plopping this same cliff and claiming a 100 footer is just wrong. If I had to qualify dropping the thing vs. hitting it like MD9 did, I would say this.... Dropping it = 40-50 footer. Hitting it like MD9 did = "Super Huge". So now to 4 pages, I am still betting on at least 6. (plus I am sure there are names no one has called me yet. )
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Dropping it = 40-50 footer.

No, dropping it = probable death. It's a long way to clear the sloping face which continues a good ways under the snow..

But nowhere does anyone claim it's a 100' CLIFF, but a 100ft drop, which it is...? You asked if a racer hit a roller and flew 100ft, would it count. Well, if he flew 100ft down from where he started then yes, that would be a 100ft. drop. If you're saying his distance in the air was 100ft but he really only dropped 10 then it would be a 10 foot huck, but a 100 flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Tippster: The only reason I care is because if someone else hits this same thing, but lands where you can see the earlier bombhole, they say it is a 100+ because this thread called it a 100+. I think the way MD9 hit this thing and where he landed is a huge difference from someone plopping off this thing.
    Holy crap. You are so completely clueless. Have you even watched the video yet? What you're calling "the first bomb hole" isn't a bomb hole. That's where MOE stood for the first air (so he could be above my LZ in case I got hurt). He slipped in through a chute out of the photo. The first air was the larger of the two. You can see the traverse in both POV clips and you can see the first bomb hole (further downhill and to the right) when I'm in the air the second time.

You clearly don't know this zone or rock at all. You've been way off numerous times. Come up and I'll gladly show it to you, but until you know what you're talking about please quit cunting.

Solid work as always buddy.

Fun to see it from your view.

And double well done keeping the windows up on the second go.

But good hell do I hate the first and last shots in a sequence pictures.

BTW, huge thanks to everybody involved for making it a safe experience. MOE rules for sacrificing his whole morning putting in a lot of work to be in a position to get to me quickly if I got hurt or buried. It would have been great skiing elsewhere, but people sacrificed their turns to make it happen. Thank you.

what do think that was?? 35 feet.

jk.huuuuuuuuuudddddddddddgggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeee e. glad it was fun.
    Wagner Custom Skis
    Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live–fully aware of the earth and the sky and the gods and you, the mortal, playing among them. Dolores LaChapelle

Hey J,

Looks like you healed up nice,solid work!

Nothing personal Prof,but you sound like a door to door sh*t salesman with a mouthful of samples.Oh yeah, Gilligan called & he wants you to make a battery out of a coconut so he can listen to the Super Bowl on the radio you fixed.
    Last edited by freshie247; 01-31-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Calmer than you dude

That last photo...NOICE....I would say..ITS GOOD for 100!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Thanks all.

DTM, it's probably still good to go up through Monday. Tuesday will get too warm and cook it. Get up there now if you want it. Conditions are as good as they've ever been for this air.

CS, thanks. I posted all the frames I have right now. I may try to get something else up in a few days. I've just been so swamped this winter.

Buster, I emailed over the video.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    Christ. You're not paying attention. I'm not measuring me. I measured off MOE...standing upright in the lower left frame and I offered two different possible heights (5 and 6). 100 foot drop. No one said 100 foot cliff. Semantics get in the way of your fun.. even when we didn't use those semantics.
    Of course he is paying attn. The douche nozzle is tired and trying to piss on someone else's achievement.

Way to send it MD9

Couldn't tell for sure, but it looks like you more or less skied away from that.

FKNA.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

I wanna see a Blurred v MD9 huck off!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    But good hell do I hate the first and last shots in a sequence pictures.
    Damn...and here I was trying to please you.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Nice work J!

Any non-helmet cam vid?

Very nice! You sir, are the man, man.
    Avoiding the real world since 1979

Sick sick huck

The biggest problem with this wine was that it had more wood put to it than Jenna Jameson.

That helmet cam is $$$. So cool to witness the hang-time first hand. It really puts the size into perspective.

It's posts like these that bring me back to the old TGR days when it was just a bunch posts of the sick shit that went down that day. Props J.

For next time, if you just ignore ass clowns like Professor and don't respond to their douchenozzle comments, they will go away.

Thumbs up

It was fun to be out shooting again. The MD & MOE are getting better every year. Good times with good friends.

I think the Prof is pretty funny.
    I want a 6" travel 20lb MTB. I found the 20lb MTB, but only good for riders under 87 pounds.

Look, I have a 100" penis, but even with the most experienced hookers I can only get 40-50" in. The reality is that I still have 100" penis even if only 50" is being used.
    Same thing.

Ok, probably not...

Good work MD9, you are the fucking man!
    ...who is going to have to push me off something like that one of these days

That is sick, man, fuck the number crunching. That is huge, and it looked damn fun. Major props on hitting it twice.

That is just fucking demented! I like it.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

wow, that just blew my mind. what also blows my mind is why people are cunting up this thread with their useless and petty arguments. I'm sure there are only a handful of people on here who can send it that big. definitely not seen everyday here. Way to send it MD9, thanks for the stoke.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jryoung View Post
    Sick sick huck

Heh. Nice.

According to the Professor's logic, shouldn't this huck be considered an epic fail since he didn't point at the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I measured it just this week at 'scary to stand on top off'.
    I hear ya. I was just looking at the still before you play the video, and that looks way the hell up there looking back up at the cliff after he landed.

I ski way around shit like that because that is HUDGE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Skiing without poles is like getting a blow job from a guy. It feels great till you look down and realize you're gay.

Who gives a rat's ass? It's a huge air. If I were you, meats, I wouldn't even bother trying to justify it. Just be stoked that you did something (and did well, I might add) that probably about 5 people in this forum would do. Maybe fewer--I'm just being conservative here .

That was rad. I can't imagine being in the air for that long.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived