Looking for headphone cable w/ inline volume control

I have Giro helmet with tune-ups. It came with this nifty cable with a standard mini-jack plug at each end and a volume-control that clips on to your jacket. Over time, the wire cracked and has become damaged where it enters the volume-control thingy, causing the sound to crackle. I sent Giro an email and they sent me a new cable, but this one is different - it just has a button to mute (that is hard to locate with gloves on), and no volume adjustment.

So what I'm looking for is a replacement for my old cable - being able to quickly adjust the volume of music is key, as I like to actually speak with people on chairlifts and to be able to hear what's happening around me while I ski. Also, not all mp3s have the same volume, if you know what I mean. Taking off a glove, opening my jacket, and messing with the iPod is a huge pain in the ass.

Does anyone know where you can get one of these cables? Again, it needs a regular small male headphone plug at each end, and inline volume adjustment that can be clipped on to my jacket somewhere.

Searched the forums a few times, but no dice.

Radio Shack

For countless other examples try:
    headphone volume control cable -> google

Ahhhh, google. That's that site where you can search for shit, right?