Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Splat needs some Luv

Splat needs some Luv

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm back. It's over $2,500. Thanks, everyone.
    I need to give the paypal logon to Tye1on so he can send out the stickers.
    My caregiving is maxxed out.

I'm not one to do the diary thang, but I'm gonna pour it out here, because I have been crying for the last couple days. For the last month, I have been commuting to Portland to take care of my elderly mother after her husband was diagnosed with cancer. While he was in the hosital, my mom fell and broke her hip. Then her husband died and the estate wrangling began with his kids trying to kick my mom into the street after 25 years of being married to their dad. I've been flying back and forth and wearing myself pretty thin.

I've been kinda doing what I could for Andy since we sponsored the guy. And you all have been incredibly wonderful with your words and paypals for Andy. Thank you all. Homeboy Idris just happened to be in Aspen and helped get Andy's sitski, car and other stuff that was left on the hill. Then the hospital discharged Andy a bit prematurely and Idris got him into a hotel.

Then my best friend and roommate had a stroke while doing a job interview right before I got onto the plane to Vegas. That was three days ago. She hasn't awakened and they don't know if she ever will. If she does, she'll be gimped hard. Joyce has been my best friend for 23 years. I raised her daughter as my own. I left her and married another woman and she still had my back. When I divorced the other woman, Joyce and I lived together as roommates and friends and it worked. She has always been the one person who I knew without question had my back 120%. Though her constant bout with alcoholism was a pain in the ass, she had recently cleaned up and was doing really well.

I am very, very sad. I have all but lost my best friend ever.
    I have not been around here long. From everything I've seen Splat is a full on giver & not a taker.

FKNA full on (((((((((((vibes))))))))) for Splat. You stoked out so many people here. Keep your head up mang. Thanks bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

oh man this is the shits! P- you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers bro.

Damn, had no idea. Splat is the man. P, let me know if there's anything I can do for you up in Portland.

jv
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

++++vibes, Splat. You know weve got your back man.

Holy shit, anything, and I mean anything we can do, just hollah.

Serious.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Sorry to hear about this. Pat really is an awesome guy. Let me come out and learn some stuff from him last summer. Did more for me while I was out there than I ever expected and had a great time.

Pat, If my work plans pan out for this summer I should be heading west towards the middle/end of spring. I would love to come help out around the shop or in town if I can run errands for a bit.
    We Make Memory When We Do Bussiness

Glimma,

thanx for putting that up.

PK,

i'm sending a bottle of Xover-Juice your way as well as keeping you and your best friend in my thoughts and prayers for the near future and long, long time to come. my heart goes out to you my friend; especially since just talking 'bout you the other night with an industry Ho that spoke highly of you.

hang in there my friend and don't ever, ever give up; that girl you raised as your own needs you 'round!!! if you bail, i will personally drive to tahoe with Yeti in tow and kick the living shit out of you!!!!

Godspeed my friend; Godspeed.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

you're in my thoughts Pat, hope things start to look up soon.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Just got off the fone with him...fucker's amazingly tough but yeah there's a lot going on. Here's to more vibes heading his way.

What's Xover-Juice? If it's good for Splat it might be good for us mere mortals on ice with a mixer...

FKNA rawk on Splat, we got yer back, let us know if we can do anything...

And huge +++vibes+++ to J+++
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Holy shit, I mostly only lurk here and post occassionally, but Splat is a cornerstone of this website. Serious vibes to you.
    The biggest problem with this wine was that it had more wood put to it than Jenna Jameson.

Sorry to hear about this, Pat.

Reflect, drink and then punch someone in the fucking eye.

It's the Irish way.

Andy
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

++vibes++ to Pat and Joyce. She's lucky to have you as a best friend, Pat.
    I'm sure you'll pull through, as you have been pulling for so many before.
    Sinful and wind-borne..

Your a hell of a guy to carry all that on your shoulders, plus do more than needed for others.
    Mega kudos man.

edit - for the ++++++ vibes ++++++
    Last edited by professor chaos; 01-30-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Pat,

Prayers for you and yours. Vibes and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Hang in there Splat! I've never been one for the internut reach-around, but the whole adventure with Andy has got me thinken, how i can make a truly individual and worthwhile contribution to a deserving person-I'm sure it will come-right now I'm going through similiar things with teh rents!- you just have to remember that with the high points that happen in life! suckage is guaranteed! godsped mang!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

I haven't met you Splat but I wish I could have the privilege someday. You spread more stoke on here than anyone. As many positive vibes I can muster and a huge FKNA go out to you sir
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

**++**

open your wings, bro.............

Quote Originally Posted by jryoung View Post
    Holy shit, I mostly only lurk here and post occassionally, but Splat is a cornerstone of this website. Serious vibes to you.
    ^^^^^^^^^ What he said.

advres Guest
    The true sign that life is unfair. P. doesn't deserve this kind of shit.

hope the sun shines on you soon bro.

splat you da man

Still in vegas, thinkin about you man. Sorry bout the toilet bro fkna musta been the food here
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Pat,

Be strong, brother,

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Good luck,
    Geoff

+++++++++VIBES++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Sorry to hear about this, Pat.

Reflect, drink and then punch someone in the fucking eye.

It's the Irish way.

Andy
    That's fuckin' awesome.

Pat I had no idea, hang tough man.

(((Vibes))) brother. Keep those tips up. Looking forward to skiing with you again.
    Click. Point. Chute.