Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Best wishes from the bottom of my heart.

very sorry to hear. love and vibes and stuff from the alps.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    but you have a few THOUSAND friends here and with your attitude life will roll on and there is way more pow to be skied.
    edited for accuracy

Fuck Pat, I read your response at the top of the page, and now I am teary eyed, (and I need to start seeing patients). It just shows how deeply , and every other maggot feels for you at this difficult time.

It is important to have a purpose in life, and I can think of no more noble purpose then helping an eleven year old through an extremely difficult time. Be there for her, as we will always be here for you.

Stay strong my friend.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

heavy. i read this whole thing, and it made me sad.

i dont even know what to say, except i just lost my grandpa whom i was VERY close with growing up (im feeling it kinda heavy today, its my b-day and his b-day was tomarow, we always celebrated together) i hadent spent as much time with him as i should have the last few years...anyhow he got sick very fast. i went as fast as i could to say goodbye and tell him how much he meant to me but i he was already comatose by the time i got there. he died 2 hours later.

anyhow i can relate. my loss is still fresh and im crying right now thinking of it and the pain you must be feeling.

life sometimes really sucks. its bullshit. im sorry you have to go thru this.

Damn damn damn

i mostly lurk don't post too much but what I do know that Splat is usually one of the first to offer up any kind of help (if not the first). I know that he puts is heart and soul into his work to make the most kickass skis out there. (Which hopefully by next season I can join the ranks of a proud Bro owner.)

If there is anything I can do from over here in the sandbox, just let me know.

Remember actions speak louder then words, I would bet good money on the fact Joyce knows how much you feel for her and what your friendship means based on your actions.

Take that precious little girl and make sure she knows what a wonderful woman her mother is, and continue to show her all the love you already have been.

++++++VIBES++++++ to you and yours

prayers from Pennsylvania splat. be strong man, be strong.

all that you give will be returned to you someday. keep on.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Damn. I just kinda lurk here and throw in some sarcastic snippets here and there. I don't know Splat, or pretty much anyone here for that matter (well, I probably do in real life, just not through the interweb facades), but there is obviously much love for this dude. I've been through some bad stuff lately, but this definitely helps put my problems in perspective. There isn't anything I can say to make anything better, but it's cool to see so many people, many of whom have never even met the guy, showing some support. All I can say, Splat, be thankful for the good times you've had, and keep doing your thing, more good times are ahead.

Sending as much good mojo your way that I can. That is a tough one. You have plenty of good karma saved up for sure. It will come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by snobound View Post
    Take that precious little girl and make sure she knows what a wonderful woman her mother is, and continue to show her all the love you already have been.
    I just read from your post P** till here. I had to go outside to clear my eyes and head. I can tell you have been a great dad and will continue to be a fantastic father.
    You will get that love back ten fold from M.
    Last edited by GlimmerIII; 02-01-2009 at 09:00 PM.

It is just horrible - especially for someone who continues to selflessly give of himself. Vibes to you and all affected.

Hey P,

Sorry to hear the world coming down on your head. You have such a loving nature, and have always been so very kind to others.

I know you'll make it through, because you've done it before. But that doesn't make it any easier now. Hang in there buddy. God Bless.
    I want a 6" travel 20lb MTB. I found the 20lb MTB, but only good for riders under 87 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Damn. I just kinda lurk here and throw in some sarcastic snippets here and there. I don't know Splat, or pretty much anyone here for that matter (well, I probably do in real life, just not through the interweb facades), but there is obviously much love for this dude. I've been through some bad stuff lately, but this definitely helps put my problems in perspective. There isn't anything I can say to make anything better, but it's cool to see so many people, many of whom have never even met the guy, showing some support. All I can say, Splat, be thankful for the good times you've had, and keep doing your thing, more good times are ahead.
    If you knew the Dude you'd know he's thankful, positive, that he'll continue to be be Pat "Splat' Muthafukkiing Greaney , so don't worry about that.

Instead, let's start what i would tastefully name the "Hookers 'n' Blow Fund." Y'know, just some play money to spend and forget about shit for a while. I don't know how to set up a paypal account like that....rideit?

Pat, PM me about SIA if you're going, I got in so much trouble last year but fuck it, I should be able to make it work one way or another even if I have to take some lumps.

Fuck. I'm going to go ahead and continue my family saga. I feel like an exhibitionistic attention whore, but I may as well follow through. Please consider it a peek into what can happen in anyone's life.

I'm still falling to pieces as I type. I went to see Joyce today in the ICU. I did my trademark "Joyce, Wake Up!" that used to make her leap to her feet in a single bound after she'd passed out on the couch and left food burning on the stove. I figured if anything would register with her, that would be it. I held her hand. I prayed. I cried. I looked at the staples running down the top of her skull and the drains they had installed. Then I peeled her eye open and I laid it all out just the way it was and the way I felt, hoping it would register with her.

I told her what had happened to her, that she was in the hospital and dying. That she had to move her eye side to side to show me she understood if she wanted to live. And I explained that the doctor said she would never wake and we were going to let her go if she didn't give us a sign. Nothing happened. I told her her that even though she has always been an aethiest that now would be a good time to reach out to God or whoever just in case there's something to religion.

I told her how much she was my lover, my mother, my sister, my soulmate my wife in so many ways. How much I love her. And it really is sinking in. I walked out of that hospital, came home and crumbled. I called Emily (she's 25, not 11), basically gasping between my sobs, to tell her I explained everything to her mom while I was with Joyce at the hospital. My situation and my grief in panoramic transparency.

My best friends call and it's nice to talk to them. Vets is flying into town and stopping by with dinner and chai tea. Dude's an angel. I would have never thought my mother and I would both lose our spouses in 2-3 week span. Did the Ascension occur and I'm just playing a role in one of those Left Behind movies starring Kirk Cameron?

Ice - I'm OK. Thanks. I can't go anywhere. I have a knee surgery coming up.

Good to hear from you Pat. Don't stop talking to Joyce. I REPEAT DO NOT STOP TALKING TO JOYCE. She hears you, talking to her gets the wheels turning in her head. Read her favorite books to her, but keep talking. If she going to fight you have to nudge her along. Stay as positive as you can. Nothing wrong with crying. Shit even Chuck Norris sheds tears.
    Your a good man, don't forget that.
    " have another hit of sweet california sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    My biggest regret and guilt is that I didn't get to tell Joyce what a great friend she's been to me all these years. And for that, I am truly sorry.
    No regrets, quilt or sorry is necessary Pat. She knows how special you are and how much you care for her. You're not friends with someone for a lifetime and not know.

splat,

I don't know you very well at all, but I do know the type of man that it takes to deal with all of this at once. I have a feeling a lot of people look up to you, I know I certainly do, and I bet Emily does too.

Remember that you've got people across the whole world backing you through this board, the same way you've had their backs in the past.

+++VIBES+++

Splat-sendin' all my best thoughts and prayers your way. You are handling all this so well. Some would clam up under these circumstances, but by letting everything out, you will truly find peace in these times. You've got got a great community here, don't hesitate to use it!

Now back to my 188-inspired new baby-room painting!
    ""wash uffize drive me to firenze".

Pat,
    I'm a newbie next to all your true brothers here, but it doesn't take a lot to see what you do for the community. I'm proud as hell to own your skis, and felt the goodwill and smiles they brought all this week at KW and Squaw.

Prayers for you and yours.

mike
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

+++++++++vibes+++++++++
    Wagner Custom Skis
    Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live–fully aware of the earth and the sky and the gods and you, the mortal, playing among them. Dolores LaChapelle

I don't even know what to say.

Sad, very sad.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Emily.

Splat, thanks for making wonderful toys.
    you've brought a bunch of us untold happiness,
    keep on keeping on mang.

today in PeeYay!

Splat, wow that is a serious load of shit for anyone to experience let alone you who is always giving back to this community (and others I am sure).

Keep your head up as I am sure you will come out of this stronger than before. Much positive vibes coming your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Skiing without poles is like getting a blow job from a guy. It feels great till you look down and realize you're gay.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    My biggest regret and guilt is that I didn't get to tell Joyce what a great friend she's been to me all these years. And for that, I am truly sorry.
    She knows Pat, trust me.
    The weird thing about getting older is that we have to see people die.
    There's really no other choice in the matter.

Hang tough man.

Pat, you are breaking my heart, it is hard to see a great guy like you go through this. If I can be of any help, please let me know.