Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    The HV is new this year, isn't it?

Intuition liners

Quote Originally Posted by alex.georgiev View Post
    Hi all,

I am running the Tecnica Cochise Pro Light (size 26.5) and I have a couple of issues that I think a pair of Intuitions could solve. To be fair, one may arise from the other. I feel that in order to ski them with the control I want, I have to tighten them quite a bit, which then lead to a serious case of shin-bangs. Especially in the mornings when my feet are cold it is almost intolerable. I have about of a finger of shell space so I think a MV pair will be OK. I was thinking of the Pro Tongue model but I have a few concerns:

Those should be plenty stiff and give me more control but would they be significantly more comfortable than the stock liners of the Cochise and thus help with the shin-bangs? What size should I get? Intuition says specifically for the Pro Tongue to size down while some people suggest to size up?

Thank you very much in advance and greetings from Bulgaria.

Alex
    The stock liner has more padding and will do better with shinbang. Switching to the powerstrap buckle that comes on the Pro might help though.

You want the 27s for your 26 shells if you go Intuition.

Suggestions on which liner people are running in their Vulcans? I know XXX runs a PW, I actually haven't heard of many people mention Pro Tour. I'm going to be heading to Intuition in Vancouver in the next month or so and was hoping for suggestions as to what people have enjoyed for a liner in their Vulcans.

Thanks from Canada

I've got the mercuries, and have flat, thin, skinny ankle, no arch, severely pronated, low volume, cold feet. wear custom orthotics in ski boots. The stock liner was actually pretty good for support when new but packed out around ankles producing slop and they were unbelievably cold in anything below minus 5-7 C. Upgraded to intuition high volume luxury liners, did a home bake and never looked back. fills the gaps and are super warm and juuuust stiff enough. put about 120 days on 'em so far, no noticeable packing out.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufo View Post
    Suggestions on which liner people are running in their Vulcans? I know XXX runs a PW, I actually haven't heard of many people mention Pro Tour. I'm going to be heading to Intuition in Vancouver in the next month or so and was hoping for suggestions as to what people have enjoyed for a liner in their Vulcans.

Thanks from Canada
    Bump. I'm curious about this as well. The stock liners were okay for a while but after 50 days or so they start to hurt about 4 or 5 hours into a tour. Also are any intuitions cooler than others? My feet ran hot in the power wraps.

Like xxx er, I run regular PW in my Vulcans, and even did half season w/PW+ in them as a failed experiment. I like the wrap as a substitute for adding the tongue. The rom rearward breaks in a little better eventually. If I toured more flats I might sing a diff tune.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bump. I'm curious about this as well. The stock liners were okay for a while but after 50 days or so they start to hurt about 4 or 5 hours into a tour. Also are any intuitions cooler than others? My feet ran hot in the power wraps.
    I'm curious as well. I love intuitions for fit but the thicker wrap liners I've found to be really warm. It's good for riding lifts but can be swamp city for touring. I've never used the pro tour but imagine it being thinner in general.

FWIW, this liner has a thin lining under the foot with a removable piece of foam. My wife runs them in her alpine boots (there wasn't a lot of height in the boot) and I imagine that they would be less warm:

https://intuitionliners.com/pro-tongue/

I've never seen/used these but they are the wrap version with the same thin sole:
    https://intuitionliners.com/thestore/pro-wrap/

Lee reviewed them a couple of years ago but didn't mention anything about temperature. It's probably a small difference...

Intuition's warmth comes a lot from the vapor barrier effect. Unlike most boot liners, Intuitions don't breath. At all. The foam also absorbs zero moisture. Changing which Intuition liner won't do much in terms of temperature.

Back in the shop rat days a Scarpa rep told me that Scarpa has Intuition make up the ones for Scarpa with a thin open foam lining on the inside to help disperse moisture. I use Scarpa's Intuition liners most of the time and it may just be the power of suggestion, but they do seem somewhat drier than the regular Intuition liners.

I think it's worth a shot if the moisture buildup bothers you:
    http://www.scarpa.com/ski-liners

Also looking for an Intuition recommendation for Vulcans. I got a used pair of 27.5's off TGR, and looking for a better fitting liner than my size 27.0 ProTours which were molded for my size 27 TLT6s, which have a much smaller shell. Consequently, the ProTours are loose in the 27.5 Vulcan shell, but my toes are crammed right up against the end of the liner. I have wide, very flat feet, both exactly 27cm long, and tend to have cold feet and fingers. I have a pair of orthotics, but both bootfitters I've used after I had them made said they're terribly done and worthless (not enough arch support for my flat feet), plus they were made for the stock TLT6 liner so are VERY short. Shell fit on the Vulcans seems great, and held up sole to sole with my punched out TLT6s, they're the same or wider, so excited about that.

I emailed Intuition and Crystal suggested a DreamLiner, saying "I suggest the Dreamliners in a Medium Volume, size 27, as they fit longer than other models. They will allow more room for the width of your foot, and can be used with or without additional footbeds." I was skeptical about switching from the ProTours to another tongue liner but giving up the flex area in the ankle. Can you fake something like this during the molding by taping a thick strip of foam like 1" wide near the base of the achilles?

I'm also interested in a wrap liner, since I always struggle with getting the tongue position just right for the first 30 minutes of skinning, and the posts here about being able to use no tongue at all in the Vulcans with a PowerWrap sounds pretty awesome. Thoughts on the Power vs. ProWrap if I go that route, and size 27 vs. 28? The website indicates that the Pro has a thinner sole but a removable insole (so you can use orthotics if desired).

Can't decide between the Power Wrap or the Dreamliner for my Vulcans.

In the case that you missed this (I had a lot of bummed mags last winter), the 2015 Intuition Group Buy is starting.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=294248
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

All else equal are tongues or wraps better for skinny chicken lower calf just above ankle??

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    All else equal are tongues or wraps better for skinny chicken lower calf just above ankle??
    I've wondered the same thing from an experts perspective. Just speaking from my experience...I have high calf muscles and skinny lower legs and I have trouble getting a good fit around the upper cuff area with wraps. I have some pro tongues from the latest group buy but I haven't baked or used them yet. The stock tongues on my Tecnica's give me a good fit but my toes keep freezing thus the intuitions.

I just put some Palau wraps in my Vulcans to replace worn-out tongue-style Intuitions. The wraps take up a hell of a lot more space around my skinny legs than the old ones did - I need to move the top buckle from the tightest position to the middle position. Not skied them yet

How would the Dreamliner MV compare, stiffness wise, to the stock liner that came in my Dynafit One PX? I have always used Powerwraps in my touring boots and have been happy with them but I'm afraid that these shells don't have enough room (tight one finger shell fit). Also, is the cuff height comparable between the Powerwrap and the Dreamliner? I would like a little higher cuff than the stock liner.

Intuition jong here. Wanting to replace the stock liners of my atomic hawx 130. I have narrowed it down to either the Dreamliner or the pro tongue. I don't want to change the flex of my boots, I love their stiffness as they are. Which liner would match the stiffness of the stock liner best?

Anyone?

IME the power wrap always works the rest of them maybe not
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Intuition jong here. Wanting to replace the stock liners of my atomic hawx 130. I have narrowed it down to either the Dreamliner or the pro tongue. I don't want to change the flex of my boots, I love their stiffness as they are. Which liner would match the stiffness of the stock liner best?
    I have the pro tongue in some inferno 130s. They are a pretty darn stiff liner, but really in a boot that stiff, I think all the stiffness comes from the shell. If you were to compare the "flex" of a stock liner to a pro tongue, you'd find that the stock liner is much, much softer. I haven't used or handled the dreamliner, but the pro tongue is very dense foam and super precise. The heel hold and closeness of the fit is really impressive. I'd say they are probably the best match for a stiff alpine boot.

That said, they barely fit in my shell. The overlap lower doesn't really overlap when the shell is unbuckled and I have to be mindful when I buckle them that the two sides don't interfere rather than overlap properly. So think about the volume of the shell. If you have a really low volume, tight shell fit all around, maybe you'd be better off in the powerwrap plug or something thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    How would the Dreamliner MV compare, stiffness wise, to the stock liner that came in my Dynafit One PX? I have always used Powerwraps in my touring boots and have been happy with them but I'm afraid that these shells don't have enough room (tight one finger shell fit). Also, is the cuff height comparable between the Powerwrap and the Dreamliner? I would like a little higher cuff than the stock liner.

Anyone use the MV?

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I have the pro tongue in some inferno 130s. They are a pretty darn stiff liner, but really in a boot that stiff, I think all the stiffness comes from the shell. If you were to compare the "flex" of a stock liner to a pro tongue, you'd find that the stock liner is much, much softer. I haven't used or handled the dreamliner, but the pro tongue is very dense foam and super precise. The heel hold and closeness of the fit is really impressive. I'd say they are probably the best match for a stiff alpine boot.

That said, they barely fit in my shell. The overlap lower doesn't really overlap when the shell is unbuckled and I have to be mindful when I buckle them that the two sides don't interfere rather than overlap properly. So think about the volume of the shell. If you have a really low volume, tight shell fit all around, maybe you'd be better off in the powerwrap plug or something thinner.
    Thanks!

I have the skinniest calves on this forum, and skinny heels too. The regular PW work great for me--better fit around the calves and no heel lift. I do use a rear spoiler, not for fit but because the extra material up front makes the stance too upright for my taste. The velcro on the spoiler sticks well to the PW.

So... On the advice of my local bootfitter I ordered some HD Race liners. These will go into a pair of extremely snug (a pencil width of space in shell fit) Head Raptor 140s. The boot fitter also made me a footbed to support a reasonably high arch (or two). There is no way I can slip my foot in the liner in the boot with the footbed; I can do so without the footbed. I am not sure he realized the 7 mm sole height. I have a couple of questions:

1. Will baking the liners make enough room for the footbed? Once baked, they can't be returned. If not, what are my options? Pro Tongue, which may be too stiff and will make my boots red; Dreamliner, too soft?
    2. Will the HD liner stiffen my boot? I know the Intuition site says FX is flex neutral and HD will stiffen, but I was recommended the HD by the fitter. FWIW the Head liner has really thick plastic on the tongue going all the way to the toe box, which may compare to the HD not the FX? I don't need more stiffness in these boots, the plastic is super high quality and stiff...
    3. Will warmth really improve? This is the one reason I am spending an extra $150 for the liners.

Everybody mentions Crystal. Is that the lady who answers the phone at HQ? Or should I ask for her? I called once to ask about sizing for the HD Race, but never thought about asking about footbeds etc.

Thanks guys and girls.
    Last edited by Dr. Crash; 01-23-2016 at 01:50 AM.